• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Vincent Jackson, OLB, Tampa Jesuit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

need playmakers like this on our defense again! stay home and become an All American for USF, Vincent!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Need to keep going after #TeamTampa, all those kids are top notch.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

While yes, I think it's great to offer these blue chip athletes and go after them, I think it's more important to go after the athletes we have a better shot at. Players like Jackson have offers from everyone in the country already. The chances of us getting players like this are slim. Maybe we can get 1 or 2 which would be great, but CWT should be focusing all of his efforts on the borderline 4 star and high 3 star guys. UF, FSU, Miami and the other big dogs will most likely get the Jackson's of the world every year. Put all of your effort on the other guys, like our first commit of the 2014 year (Jimmy Bayes). Just my opinion.

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

IMO, Taggart should be focusing on the best players that the staff can get that fit the system.  The stars will take care of themselves.  Boise is averaging 2.5 stars and they've done just fine.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Tags is on record as going after everyone he wants.

USF will NOT be intimidated!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I was just about to write something to that effect.  Make the 4 and 5 star guys tell you no.  Don't settle because people have placed you in some sort of caste system,

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I was just about to write something to that effect.  Make the 4 and 5 star guys tell you no.  Don't settle because people have placed you in some sort of caste system,

Oh I agree. If he has a realistic shot at a player like Jackson, then pursue him hard. I just think it's better to utilize their time on recruits we have a better shot at that are still studs.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

Oh I agree. If he has a realistic shot at a player like Jackson, then pursue him hard. I just think it's better to utilize their time on recruits we have a better shot at that are still studs.
He'll recruit them until they say no. Then he'll recruit the moms to sway the kids until they say no.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

CPR:

While yes, I think it's great to offer these blue chip athletes and go after them, I think it's more important to go after the athletes we have a better shot at. Players like Jackson have offers from everyone in the country already. The chances of us getting players like this are slim. Maybe we can get 1 or 2 which would be great, but CWT should be focusing all of his efforts on the borderline 4 star and high 3 star guys. UF, FSU, Miami and the other big dogs will most likely get the Jackson's of the world every year. Put all of your effort on the other guys, like our first commit of the 2014 year (Jimmy Bayes). Just my opinion.

--------

Skip, is that you?

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I was just about to write something to that effect. Make the 4 and 5 star guys tell you no. Don't settle because people have placed you in some sort of caste system,

As I mentioned earlier, it is extremely important for Taggart to get one of the local TOP players to give us an early verbal. If Jackson was serious when he tweeted that everyone should sign with USF, then he would be the perfect candidate for Taggart to target. In the past I can only think of one such player who gave us an early verbal J Fayson and he eventually signed with Florida. When he left Florida he wanted to transfer to USF, but they wouldn't release him to us.