• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WKU hires Bobby Petrino

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

I think we made the right choice. Hope W. Kentucky continues to get better too.

\

that remains to be seen

but i would have rather had petrino

LET'S BE HONEST

He is a retread with baggage. Can we afford that in a town which the media is not really friendly towards the program? A lot of programs passed on him that some would consider better than USF so we are not the only ones. Also, while he has had some good defensive players, at times his defenses are suspect. I know you have been wanting better recruits and a coach to run a real offense instead of a gimmick one. Since UCF has been moving in on our territory, don't you think his youth and energy will help against a tired old man with baggage like O'Liar? We would be hiring the same with different baggage. I think this was a good, forward thinking hire. Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

can't believe mothers are whining already. smfh.

You've been here long enough that you really can't be surprised ...

true. i thought that as soon as i clicked "post."

damnit.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

Says a lot about Petrino. He has to rebuild whatever rep he had.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Just shows we could have had him if we wanted him and we Did NOT

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  579
  • Days Won:  0

The man wins no matter what you think about him personally. And if we aren't winning, wont matter how nice you are... Right Skip?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  579

Actually Joe Pa was feeling pressure early in the 2000s then he started winning...

Edited by wert_the_gwert

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

You can tell those on here that probably didn't play organized sports. The man quit on his team. There aren't many worse sins in team sports .... **** Petrino.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

You can tell those on here that probably didn't play organized sports. The man quit on his team. There aren't many worse sins in team sports .... **** Petrino.

THANK YOU!! I can hear it now..."Son I know that coach petrino was here visiting you, he probably talked about the sec and the nfl, did he talk aboout how he quit the Atlanta Falcons with 2 games left in the season? Did he talk about how he secretly interviewed for the job of a coach that helped him? Do you really think that he's going to start being honest with you?" He then turns to the recruits mother and goes into the Arkansas debacle.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

The man wins no matter what you think about him personally. And if we aren't winning, wont matter how nice you are... Right Skip?

Exactly and here's the thing....with conference realignment, we REALLY needed to bust a move and bust a move FAST! Patrino would've provided that. Even if Taggart ca get it done, it will likely IMO take more time. We don't have time!
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm livid... apparently USF only interviewed Taggart and Nutt, and failed to interview Petrino or Davis. So we get a Sun Belt coach with a losing overall record, and WKU gets an SEC coach (Petrino), and FIU is about to get Butch ******* Davis.

Nothing against Taggart he might just work out (fingers crossed)... my anger is directed at USF. I take their lack of an applicant pool as a sign that they did not do a good job.

TOTALLY AGREE! Woolard & Genshaft almost seem determined to completely ruin our football program? Anybody with half a brain knows Patrino would get us a conference title in about two years. Why are most Americans so childish about sex? So he had a hooker. Who gives a ****!

Your lack of understanding about the actual facts of Petrino's dismissal from Arkansas and your glossing over of his track record of how he leaves teams behind, both during and after seasons, is extremely disconcerting.

Him getting hired here very well could have been an unmitigated disaster ... Glad people in charge of USF looked in a different direction.