• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

and oh he can coach a bit...

really turned around a terrible program in WKU

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

ECU was in the crapper also before Holtz....The next coach for the Pirates would be then defensive coordinator from the University of Florida John Thompson. Coach Thompson's tenure set the Pirates back several years, accumulating only three wins over two years. His teams beat only Army both years and Tulane his second year. Newly hired Athletic Director from the University of Virginia, Terry Holland, immediately fired Coach Thompson after the 2004 season.

Did it make Skip a better hire for us?

Face it folks we need 3 things from our new coach....

1. Recruiting

2. Experience coaching at big time programs

3. Big Splash Name....this is important with all the shuffling in college football these days. A coach and his AD can help broker us a deal to a better situation....

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Face it folks we need 3 things from our new coach....

1. Recruiting

2. Experience coaching at big time programs

3. Big Splash Name....this is important with all the shuffling in college football these days. A coach and his AD can help broker us a deal to a better situation....

This is the unreasonable point of view that will leave some of our fans pissed about the hire no matter who we get.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  579

BTW someone like pre-Louisville Charlie Strong is what we need. I remember this board begging to get Strong last go 'round. This is the realistic type of person we can grab.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

BTW someone like pre-Louisville Charlie Strong is what we need. I remember this board begging to get Strong last go 'round. This is the realistic type of person we can grab.

didnt we still have coach when strong was hired by lville?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  579

didnt we still have coach when strong was hired by lville?

If I remember the way it went down, Leavitt was most likely getting fired right when he got hired by Louisville. I distinctly remember the board talking of the possibility.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I think this guy may be #1 on my list right now. His local hero status alone seems to be helping his recruiting abilities with the FL kids currently....getting them to middle-of-nowhere, KY. His overall win/loss record isn't pretty, but WKU was making transition from FCS to FBS, endured ~23 game losing streak at one point (including losses to USF away and home). Seems like a young, energetic guy, but sideline demeanor seems Dungy-like, very collected. Only downsides are if this is his best team so far, still was beaten by the likes of Gus Malzahn at Arkansas State, and one or both of the Louisiana teams.

I think he could be a very solid option, low risk, high reward type if we can get him without breaking the bank. Only thing is, we'd have to do that early, because the other schools said to be targeting him can pony up too.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

I think this guy may be #1 on my list right now. His local hero status alone seems to be helping his recruiting abilities with the FL kids currently....getting them to middle-of-nowhere, KY. His overall win/loss record isn't pretty, but WKU was making transition from FCS to FBS, endured ~23 game losing streak at one point (including losses to USF away and home). Seems like a young, energetic guy, but sideline demeanor seems Dungy-like, very collected. Only downsides are if this is his best team so far, still was beaten by the likes of Gus Malzahn at Arkansas State, and one or both of the Louisiana teams.

I think he could be a very solid option, low risk, high reward type if we can get him without breaking the bank. Only thing is, we'd have to do that early, because the other schools said to be targeting him can pony up too.

I think the only real competition for him would have been Kentucky and they landed a Stoops ...

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I've heard USF is supposedly his "dream job". Not sure what truth there is to that, but if it really is, then that would tell me he'd bring a passion for the program, probably not at the level Leavitt did, but close and I can respect that and get behind that.