• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  155
  • Days Won:  1

I do feel sorry for most Memphis fans but not TigerJay.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, namuh-bull said:

I've been looking a little at the memphis bbs over at csnbbs.com.  We don't even know if it's true or not that they are out of contention, but I was just thinking how sad this expansion round is going to be for most all of the teams not invited.  I know for sure it would hit me hard if we were passed over, especially if we were to lose 4 from the conference including UCF (why would they do that?).

Of course I want us to be the chosen one, but I can't help feel sorry for the fans of the teams not picked. It is true some of them (and us) can be jerks, but  If the Big 12 expands and we are one of the teams, be happy and proud, but be humble and empathetic to those left behind.  And above all,

Go Bulls!

Only thing is I don't see fans if USF going to any message board boasting that their team was definitely in and rubbing it in everyone's noses.

No homerism at all, but I've only seen USF fans say they hope they are in and try to give the reasons why.  But admit they would only have a possible chance if 4 teams are selected.

Edit: And it's not just TigerJay.  Several (most?) of their posters acted that way.

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Gismo said:

Won't feel bad if UCF is left out. But I think USF and UCF together is the best move for the big 12.

I don't think any Bulls fans would feel bad about UCF being left out. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, namuh-bull said:

I've been looking a little at the memphis bbs over at csnbbs.com.  We don't even know if it's true or not that they are out of contention, but I was just thinking how sad this expansion round is going to be for most all of the teams not invited.  I know for sure it would hit me hard if we were passed over, especially if we were to lose 4 from the conference including UCF (why would they do that?).

Of course I want us to be the chosen one, but I can't help feel sorry for the fans of the teams not picked. It is true some of them (and us) can be jerks, but  If the Big 12 expands and we are one of the teams, be happy and proud, but be humble and empathetic to those left behind.  And above all,

Go Bulls!

We were in a BCS league and it crumbled around us and many of the teams found a home in a P5 league but us, UCONN and Cinci.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

#NeverUCF

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I am sure you are correct. It may happen again. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

There is a real possibility that the top four left includes USF, Cincy, Uconn, and UCF.  The rest on the list don't add up.  They have always wanted to go east, bye BYU.  They have always wanted new markets, bye Houston.  They have always wanted decent academics, bye Memphis.  Of course academics were a factor, they said so from the beginning and nothing has been a real surprise yet.  The real candidates have been the real candidates since the expansion announcement.  

I agree... When you sit back and think about it logically, they make the most sense. You have to figure that despite the politics, none of the non-TX schools want Houston because it does nothing for the conference. This is all about money and expanding the Big12 footprint. If you have a solid media market and your academics match up, you have to be considered a legit contender. I also don't think that ESPN is steering this ship like they did during the last round of expansion. Personally I think it's FOX, and we all know that they want to go east. If ESPN doesn't bid when it's time to get that new contract, someone else will. 

Another thing with the stay at 10, expand by 2 more likely than 14 crap. I'm not sure how much I am willing to believe ESPN's "they want 2 over 4" rhetoric. It just rubs me wrong that ESPN has so much invested in this. The conspiracy theorist in me is telling me that they are writing about what they want the Big12 to do, to get everyone talking about it and subconsciously agree with it. I think that when these 11 schools go to interview and they get to voting on 2 or 4 that there may be some schools that don't have enough votes to get in and other schools wont change their votes unless a school they like gets a vote in return. I'm just hoping that there are too many schools that impress them and they have no choice but to run with 4.

End rant.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On May 21, 2016 at 4:46 PM, TigerJay said:

deal. $100 dollars if I am right from you and $100 dollars if I am are wrong. We can pay through pay pal and I will gladly swap information after the decision.

On May 21, 2016 at 4:49 PM, JTrue said:

You can pay your $100 directly to Brad and this board.

On May 21, 2016 at 4:51 PM, TigerJay said:

cool just give me the info after the decision is made. I will follow through

On May 21, 2016 at 6:26 PM, TigerJay said:

I feel it will be done before the end of July. So I will go with July 15. One of us is going to owe the other money. Pretty confident with my choice.

Destroyed.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

I am sure you are correct. It may happen again. 

I think they would be smart to add both teams, but we shall see. This is a huge chance for a conference to make more ground in Florida. No offense, I'd be just fine without UCF, but I can't deny that it would be a little foolish to not take these two teams. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

44 minutes ago, namuh-bull said:

Go Bulls!

Absolutely. But if you go and act a fool on another team's board then expect some gloating directed at you and your team. That applies to any of our fans doing that also.