• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grayson Allen, SG, Providence School, Jax, FL (2014)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I just can't see us beating 3 top 10 teams out.

It's very tough for sure. However Andy Hipsher has been good with building the relationships with these Florida kids. I believe that getting off to a great start is USF's best hope in getting a true chance with Allen if he has a desire to stay in state. Having a tremendous turnout in attendence is going to be huge this season and it starts with tonight's game. These top level kids that USF is now going after always talk about how wild and crazy the home crowds are at the different places they visit.

• 4 months later...

Grayson Allen â€@GraysonJAllen

FGCU is fun to watch! They pass the ball so well

Florida Get Crunk is gonna get some new commitments after this lol #FGCU

Remember Allen was at one time a lean to USF before the Bulls crappy, boring season. The guy that said he was going to keep a close eye on USF and style of play was what he's looking at. I wonder where he views USF now after witnessing a record setting performance of boredom?

One thing about it, this next 1 1/2 years are crucial for USF basketball going forward. That includes the sumer and fall for the 2014 class, and what they do on the court next season.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Remember Allen was at one time a lean to USF before the Bulls crappy, boring season. The guy that said he was going to keep a close eye on USF and style of play was what he's looking at. I wonder where he views USF now after witnessing a record setting performance of boredom?

One thing about it, this next 1 1/2 years are crucial for USF basketball going forward. That includes the sumer and fall for the 2014 class, and what they do on the court next season.

If the men"s BB team want's to learn how to pass, My sugestion is to watch USF womens basketball team.  Fast enjoyable

If the men"s BB team want's to learn how to pass, My sugestion is to watch USF womens basketball team.  Fast enjoyable

The women are/were fun to watch

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

hopefully FGCU will help to chnage the style of men's hoops throughout the ncaa

hopefully FGCU will help to chnage the style of men's hoops throughout the ncaa

If Andy Enfield was the coach of USF this past season they would have made the NIT at the very least. If he were coaching the team next season they would certainly make the NCAAT and finish the season in the top 20. USF's roster of talent is tailor made to the coaching philosophy of Andy Enfield. Not even saying he's a better head coach then Heath, but his style would maximize USF's talent, where as with Heath(unless he has saw the light), will always underachieve at USF no matter what. USF can win 20 games but should  win 25, USF can back into the NCAAT when they should be a lock on selection Sunday. Things like that are what I'm referring too. Heath's over coaching has hurt him throughout his career. To Heath's credit he's been blessed to field some talented teams, unfortunately he sometimes hold himself and his players back by trying to mirco-coach. Just let his boys play and have fun. When he does that they usually reward him.

Stan can do it, like most of his teams he's always had potential to do great things.

Grayson Allen is the 3A Player of the Year

A 6-foot-4 combo guard, Allen (19.3 ppg) is vying to become just the second area winner of the state’s Mr. Basketball award

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/high-schools/2013-03-28/story/high-schools-notebook-top-quarterback-dj-gillins-transfers#ixzz2OulmH5HQ

Btw from what I can tell USF is still in the picture with him. One of the most highly recruited prospects I can remember. More of Allen and Stan Heath's history with getting elite prospects when up against the big boys later
Edited by Vega

It's amazing what can happen in just a year. This time 12 months ago, Grayson Allen wasn't even a big name in his home state. Now, he's heading into the grassroots season as one of the hottest names in the class of 2014.

GRAYSON-ALLEN_7_19_200.JPGspacer1.gifspacer1.gifGrayson Allen is hearing from a host of schools.

Thanks to a big outing last summer and a huge junior season, the 6-foot-4 shooting guard from Jacksonville (Fla.) Providence has ascended to No. 32 in the national rankings and earned several scholarships.

"This time last year, going into the summer, I think I had maybe two scholarship offers," Allen told Rivals.com. "I have a lot more now. It's a relief and a great honor to have all of these schools recruiting me.

"This summer, there is no pressure on me to play for scholarships."

While he's got scholarship offers in hand, Allen isn't taking things easy. He wants to increase his profile and show what he's capable of.

"I think that I have a versatile game," Allen said. "My biggest strength is getting to the rim, finishing in the lane and using my athleticism, which can surprise some people.

"Once people respect my driving, I can knock down some shots and then set up teammates as well."

As for those offers, Allen counts Florida State, Florida, Miami, Georgia, N.C. State, Missouri, Gonzaga, USF, Purdue and Stanford. Duke, Indiana and Kansas have been in recent touch.

"I'm probably going to cut things down either right before or right after April," Allen said. "I haven't decided yet. Hopefully down to less than 10."

Key in cutting down his list will be the playing styles and coaching staffs of the programs recruiting him.

"Ive been watching a lot of games this year and looking at style of play and seeing how I can fit in each system," Allen said. "I'm seeing how they use their guards. Also a big thing is being comfortable with the coaches, building a good relationship with the assistants and the head coaches because I'm going to be with them for four years."

Many have speculated that Allen will stay close to home. While he's open to leaving, he said a few of the locals are likely to stay on his list.

"I've thought about it a little bit," Allen said of staying home or leaving the Sunshine State. "I think it's safe to say Florida will be there when I cut it down and Florida State too. Being close to home isn't something I've really thought about. I mean I thought about it, but I don't think it's going to factor in my decision."

This summer, Allen will run with the Georgia-based Southern Stampede in Nike's EYBL. He's looking forward to a big summer and competing at the highest level.

"This summer in picking an AAU team I wanted to play against the best, so that's why I wanted to play in the EYBL," Allen said. "It's about getting out there and playing with the best players and winning."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1490130

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Think USC is jn te picture with Enfield at the helm, or is it too late?

Think USC is jn te picture with Enfield at the helm, or is it too late?

I do see that being a factor despite Enfield's coaching style being tailor made for a Grayson Allen. USC is a long ways away and I still believe Allen will either play for 1 of the Florida schools, Duke, IU, or KU. Of Course John Calipari could get involved if Allen blows up again this summer which could shake up his recruiting.

The sad thing is that USF was a strong leader for Grayson Allen until he got see USF play this season. Heath's promise of a faster style never materialize, thus causing Allen to start looking around. Grayson suppose to narrow down his list this month so we'll see what the outlook of USF is then.