• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grayson Allen, SG, Providence School, Jax, FL (2014)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I suppose I could start a thread on Grayson Allen, but since he plays with two USF 2013 verbals, Egbunu and Davis, on Douglas Brothers, I chose not to currently do that. I think those three players are intertwined.

He loves Coach Andy Hipsher and they have formed a friendship, more comfortable with him then any other coach recruiting him.

The position switch with Reggie Hanson is paying dividends for Heath. Young Hipsher was the main recruiter for recently transfered Blake Nash. Roccoforte and Hipsher are turning out to be his best recruiters.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Marcus Shockley â€@m_shockley

Grayson Allen (SG, 6'3, '14) offered by NC State, Miami, Florida, Tenn, V Tech, Georgia, Florida State & more in July.

9:13 AM - 31 Jul 12 via TweetDeck ·

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

And here come the gators.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

Ya and it's the same school patric young went to

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Ya and it's the same school patric young went to

USF would stand a better chance at getting a guy like Allen if the style of play was just more enticing for a talented guard or forward. Allen said him self that he wants to see USF's style of play this season. Allen like so many scoring guards and forwards like to be able to use their natural gifts on the court. These opposing coaches like the ones at Florida, FSU, Tenn, Bama, etc hammer USF's outdated boring style home to talented recruits like an Allen. Looking at the recruitment for the 2013 class you can really see that USF isn't making the cut for the scoring guard or forward much at all. Bigs are more attracted to USF style then guards because most of the traditional Bigs that USF recruits like things slowed down.

Fortunately for Heath is that he has Coach Rocc and Coach Hipsher on staff.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Duke is also showing interest...

#33rd rated player in the class of 2014 according to ESPN

• 2 weeks later...

Russ â€@RussHoops

#GatorNation 2014 Guard Grayson Allen to take an unofficial visit to Florida next Saturday 8/25

Dan McDonald â€@DMcDonaldHoops

Grayson Allen also said Duke has turned up the heat on him lately. Coach K called the other day.

USF has extremely winnable non-conference games. If I was the HC of USF I will have my team coming out like gang busters clearly showing off the team's athletic ability all through November and December. I get the feeling Allen won't be one of those players that drag out his recruiting process. He ,like apparently many other guards USF is recruiting, want to see a more player friendly offense. I don't think USF has ever had a serious chance to get a kid this highly regarded, would be a same to waste the opportunity by being stubborn imo.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

Russ â€@RussHoops

#GatorNation 2014 Guard Grayson Allen to take an unofficial visit to Florida next Saturday 8/25

Uh oh .... http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/19807403/critical-coaches-whos-the-best-coach-at-bending-but-not-breaking-the-rules

Dan McDonald â€@DMcDonaldHoops

Grayson Allen also said Duke has turned up the heat on him lately. Coach K called the other day.

I wonder how many actually say no to Duke if they put the full court press on them?

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I wonder how many actually say no to Duke if they put the full court press on them?

I think a decent amount.

Not too hard to say no to Duke and yes to UK, UNC, UCLA, Syracuse, or Indiana.

Now, how many guys say no to Duke and yes to USF..? Probably not as many.