• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grayson Allen, SG, Providence School, Jax, FL (2014)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

BACKING UP THE HYPE

There has been a lot of buzz about class of 2014 guard Grayson Allen this July and a host of coaches have made it a point to see a lot of the Jacksonville native at the Peach State Summer Showcase. Paired against a good Team Miami club on Friday night, the 6-foot-4 guard gave the coaches something to talk about.

Down for a good chunk of the first half, Allen’s Douglas Brothers Elite team rallied back to claim 64-60 win. It was Allen’s play that helped fuel the victory. Allen scored 20 of his game-high 24 points in the second half and would not be denied the victory.

Incredibly aggressive and athletic, Allen is justifying the recent wave of scholarship offers that have come his way and the conversations are discussing where he stacks up with the nation’s best at his position in the class of 2014. After a so-so start to the Peach State Summer Showcase, Allen has been one of the top trending players at the tournament from start to finish.

http://mylineageofchampions.com/trending-at-the-peachst-friday/

Douglas bros won their pool 4-1.

Pool "Super Pool B"

Pool Standings

Douglas Brothers Elite 4-1

D-One Sports 3-2

Team Miami 3-2

Swish City Select 2-3

Game Elite 2-3

Birmingham Ice 1-4

http://www.tourneytext.com/public/results.php?tourney=8

Glenn Elrod â€@GCRivalsGlenn

2014 Grayson Allen says Boston College offered yesterday. FSU and Florida recruiting him hard.

46m Dre_Kirkpatrick_normal.jpgBrian Snow â€@BSnowScout

Grayson Allen has coaches pouring in. Kid is a big time prospect #Peachst

1:39 PM - 21 Jul 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® · Details

I suppose I could start a thread on Grayson Allen, but since he plays with two USF 2013 verbals, Egbunu and Davis, on Douglas Brothers, I chose not to currently do that. I think those three players are intertwined.

Headline from premium article and link to his Scout profile:

USF standing out to 2014 guard Grayson Allen

1086560.jpg

By Larry Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Date: Jul 26, 2012

After a breakout performance at Big Shots and the Peach State Summer Showcase, Douglas Brothers Elite combo guard Grayson Allen has been blowing up and reeled in double digit offers in the last two weeks. The 6-foot-4 rising junior prospect, who recently visited USF, updates his recruitment, and how he feels about the Bulls.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=6442922

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I suppose I could start a thread on Grayson Allen, but since he plays with two USF 2013 verbals, Egbunu and Davis, on Douglas Brothers, I chose not to currently do that. I think those three players are intertwined.

I read that article yesterday when it was a free. Allen probably does deserve his own thread because him playing with Egbunu has little to nothing to do with his interest in USF. According to Allen his interest with USF stems from the fact that they were the first Big School to offer him a scholarship long before his explosion on the AAU circuit. He loves Coach Andy Hipsher and they have formed a friendship, more comfortable with him then any other coach recruiting him. He visited USF and fail in love with the new facilities, especially where the team will be practicing and weight training. While at USF he got to know more about the players, the other coaches, and really like them all. He feels like USF will be really good again.

It really sounds like Allen would pulled the trigger and wants to pull the trigger to commit to USF, but he said a key thing he wants to be sure of when it comes to USF. Brace yourselves....Allen mentioned style of play and how his game fits it. Allen says he needs to play at a faster pace because it fits his game and skill set better. Allen will be watching USF closely this season to gage the style of play.

The things Allen said about style of play in that article goes back to what I said yesterday in another thread and have been saying for a while. Style of play has a different meaning to perimeter guys then it does to Bigs.

You sure you don't want to start a new thread about him, Mama? This one is about 2 commits .... Unless you're trying to use voodoo on him. B)

It doesn't really matter to me. The problem I had with doing that was that there are a number of posts already about him in this thread and it's cumbersome to take them all out. Do whatever you want. Perhaps, you could take a few of those related posts and add them to another thread on him. I'm sure there will be plenty of new material about him in the future.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Like magic there is an Allen thread.

Edited by Vega

Summer Review Part 1

July 26, 2012 By Rick Lewis

Grayson-Allen-1024x682.jpg

Douglas Brothers Elite Grayson Allen was one of the top players and surprises from the summer. PHOTO: Shyft Sports

Down at Big Shots I, the Phenom Hoop Report was the first to report about the nationally unknown 6’4 2014 SG Grayson Allen of Providence Christian in Jacksonville, Florida and of the Douglas Brothers AAU program. While in the 2014 class, Allen was playing up one age/grade division and he was clearly one of the top producers during the July live period. At Big Shots I, we wrote “ Allen was simply sensational and wowed the crowd with his overall skill and surprisingly athletic ability.†He was knocking down 3 pointers, driving to the basket and was on the receiving end of alley oop slam dunks. One coach even stated Allen reminded him of a younger version ofBobby Sura. Allen is a strong and big bone player with big hands and feet. We look for Allen to grow into his frame and become one of the hottest prospects in the 2014 class. He has HM written all over him.

http://phenomhoopreport.com/summer-review-part-1/

That same article also has a nice write-up on Egbunu, but I'll put it in his thread.

Kevin Schneider â€@BigShotsReport

Grayson Allen is doing all he can vs Ivey 23 showing well but short handed w/o Egbunu. + Barnett & Terp crew on a hot streak. Ivey up big.

4:25 PM - 28 Jul 12 via Echofon ·

Florida_Sample_normal.jpg Gene Granger â€@BigShotsFlorida 11h

Grayson Allen 6'4'' 2014 / Coach Harry Douglas has found the best guard in the country. @BigShotsToday @BigShotsReport pic.twitter.com/uxSIcuZ6

Ay_bVn5CEAEXPBC.jpg