• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

And you don't think it's even slightly possible that Litton isn't being honest and just trying to cover his ass? You do have to admit that CWT has just a shade more credibility if you're looking at their entire body of work.

Except you haven't heard a single word out of CWT denying any of this. In fact there's loads of evidence suggesting that everything Litton said is true. The Bulls DID use him as a de facto recruiter. There's plenty of evidence of that.

I don't know how credibility can possibly come into it when there's no statement that you have to determine is true or not. If CWT steps up and says what Chase is saying isn't true, he really de-committed because he expected an offer from Florida, then so be it. Let's determine who is more credible.

That hasn't happened. I'm willing to bet USF's response to hearing Litton say all this was just, "Well ****...I wish he would have let us know he wasn't as comfortable with the arrangement."

Which is why I believe that what happened was just an error in communication, an unfortunate situation that needs to be learned from.

But no. Everyone wants the kid to be the devil in this. They demand it because they like wearing t-shirts and cheering for touchdowns.

CWT can't say anything, can he? 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

I thought the coaches weren't able to talk about it///

The kid has some maturity issues and my guess is this may bite him in the ass as I'm sure some of the other schools are observing his actions and wondering what he's doing.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

And you don't think it's even slightly possible that Litton isn't being honest and just trying to cover his ass? You do have to admit that CWT has just a shade more credibility if you're looking at their entire body of work.

Except you haven't heard a single word out of CWT denying any of this. In fact there's loads of evidence suggesting that everything Litton said is true. The Bulls DID use him as a de facto recruiter. There's plenty of evidence of that.

I don't know how credibility can possibly come into it when there's no statement that you have to determine is true or not. If CWT steps up and says what Chase is saying isn't true, he really de-committed because he expected an offer from Florida, then so be it. Let's determine who is more credible.

That hasn't happened. I'm willing to bet USF's response to hearing Litton say all this was just, "Well ****...I wish he would have let us know he wasn't as comfortable with the arrangement."

Which is why I believe that what happened was just an error in communication, an unfortunate situation that needs to be learned from.

But no. Everyone wants the kid to be the devil in this. They demand it because they like wearing t-shirts and cheering for touchdowns.

CWT can't say anything, can he? 

I thought the coaches weren't able to talk about it///

The kid has some maturity issues and my guess is this may bite him in the ass as I'm sure some of the other schools are observing his actions and wondering what he's doing.

No. 

Coaches legally ARE NOT allowed to talk about a recruit until he signs the LOI.  They can't even say they have offered a player.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

So... If you are another coach, what do you make of this drama? Does this hurt his chances at another D1 school?

Of course the coaches will hear his and maybe Taggart's side.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

We're much better off.... This kid was the second coming of Weatherford.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

We're much better off.... This kid was the second coming of Weatherford.

+1000 Dodged the bullet

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Trip, look at the Litton tweet referenced above ... Not sure when it was pulled, but I think it's pretty reasonable to infer that Litton's Twitter decommit precipitated all of this. If it wasn't pulled immediately after, I'd say he was given long odds of it being available again.

• Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

So... If you are another coach, what do you make of this drama? Does this hurt his chances at another D1 school?

Of course the coaches will hear his and maybe Taggart's side.

Do college coaches ever talk to each other about potential recruits?? Thought it was pretty much a dog eat dog business .... possibly, though I guess, coaches/friends could communicate with each other.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Talk about a circus.....