• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Looks solid, but watching his mechanics it makes me question if he can pull the same plays off against the best of the best. He is more of a finesse thrower and doesn't have the arm strength to throw across the field in tight coverage or threading the needle. Although some QB's can make up for that by having that clutch gene, moxy or flat out athleticism, which he def. has. I just don't see why he would want to compete yr in yr out at schools like UT, UM or LSU b/c they'll have those players that have all the physical attributes to show off during practice(could hurt his psyche) since it seems like his strength is more of a product of him being a gamer. If I had to pick between him or Eveld, I would take Bobby as he has a cannon for an arm, pro style QB size and athleticism(dual sport athlete). I know last yr he didn't look amazing but he's still young and needs to develop and especially gain a good 25lbs.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

the guy has the tools....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Tampa Bay 2014 prospects to become star rated

By TEAM BCP

– July 4, 2012 10:42 am

3 Stars, possible 4 star

Chase Litton, Wharton QB – Why is Litton not a solid 4 star kid? He has a rocket arm and he is 6-5. No sugar coating it, he has to prove that he is a consistent winner and display the QB intangibles. If he does this and at least reaches 210lbs with his 6-5 frame, he will be a solid 4 star prospect.

http://bigcountypreps.com/180/tampa-bay-2014-prospects-to-become-star-rated/

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Looks solid, but watching his mechanics it makes me question if he can pull the same plays off against the best of the best. He is more of a finesse thrower and doesn't have the arm strength to throw across the field in tight coverage or threading the needle. Although some QB's can make up for that by having that clutch gene, moxy or flat out athleticism, which he def. has. I just don't see why he would want to compete yr in yr out at schools like UT, UM or LSU b/c they'll have those players that have all the physical attributes to show off during practice(could hurt his psyche) since it seems like his strength is more of a product of him being a gamer. If I had to pick between him or Eveld, I would take Bobby as he has a cannon for an arm, pro style QB size and athleticism(dual sport athlete). I know last yr he didn't look amazing but he's still young and needs to develop and especially gain a good 25lbs.

his team isn't that good which will be a hurdle for him... but he gets to throw to vernon every week which can make a lot of people look awesome.

also-- litton is a dual sport athlete... hes a fairly good basketball player on a TOP TOP team.

He really needs to gain weight but hes very young and has two full years of high school to make improvements. He will gain the arm strength (his is pretty solid for a sophomore in high school..)

We will have to beat out some top schools here...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

He'll be fine its not about right now its about 2014 its literally up to him...We must try as much as possible to not only evaluate the now but the potential. Especially in a c/o 2014 prospect.

Edited by Woulard
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Let's call it as it is....he played terrible last year. As long as we need the depth he will be a back up here, otherwise I don't see him getting much playing time.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,590
  • Days Won:  3

You can't compare someone who is about to enter their junior year in college to someone who is about to enter their junior year in HS.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185

I didn't know he was only a soph., like I was saying I think he's good but I don't think he's talented enough to beat out the competition he will face at hose three schools yr in and out. When I say that I'm saying that from watching his mechanics and I was going to say he was a baseball player from how he throws the ball and his footwork. He has the size and athleticism but is he going to be in the top ten QB's for 2014? Who knows maybe he will, he looks like he has the toughness and ability to make plays which can make up for other things you lack in. Nobody knows who is going to be a homerun recruit when they get to college but you can look for things that they might lack. Although a kid that wants it will work to correct his flaws and is the kind of player I would want. He still has two yrs so who knows how much will change during that time.

As for Eveld, someone was commenting earlier about how good he looked at practice the other day and said he looked solid and basically had the number two spot locked up. Then again people have their good days and bad but I think it will eventually all come together for him, once things slow down and that usually happens with the more reps you get and older/maturity. I wasn't trying to compare the two just saying that we have someone that has the ability to take over when BJ leaves and will allow Asianti to develop unless he's like Bridgewater as a true frosh.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

I didn't know he was only a soph., like I was saying I think he's good but I don't think he's talented enough to beat out the competition he will face at hose three schools yr in and out. When I say that I'm saying that from watching his mechanics and I was going to say he was a baseball player from how he throws the ball and his footwork. He has the size and athleticism but is he going to be in the top ten QB's for 2014? Who knows maybe he will, he looks like he has the toughness and ability to make plays which can make up for other things you lack in. Nobody knows who is going to be a homerun recruit when they get to college but you can look for things that they might lack. Although a kid that wants it will work to correct his flaws and is the kind of player I would want. He still has two yrs so who knows how much will change during that time.

As for Eveld, someone was commenting earlier about how good he looked at practice the other day and said he looked solid and basically had the number two spot locked up. Then again people have their good days and bad but I think it will eventually all come together for him, once things slow down and that usually happens with the more reps you get and older/maturity. I wasn't trying to compare the two just saying that we have someone that has the ability to take over when BJ leaves and will allow Asianti to develop unless he's like Bridgewater as a true frosh.

I was the one that posted about Eveld... I didn't say that he looked solid. I said that he looked much better than Floyd. Him having the number 2 spot (based on that one scrimmage) had everything to do with Floyd's performance. I didn't see anything special from Eveld.

Also, this was a 7on7 that I observed. Performance in a 7on7 doesn't translate very well to games. There's no pads and no defenders coming at you.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  40

the guy has the tools....

word