• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Robert Davis falling in love with USF, waiting to be loved back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Let's have some reminders why I like the guy, who is clearly slipping through the recruiting cracks based on what school he plays at more so than by virtue of the actual talent he's showing.

Here are his senior highlights, which are even better than his junior highlights, if that can be believed.

He ran a 4.37 at a Georgia Tech camp when he was still a junior in high school. Then he went to an NUC camp and set an NUC record with a 4.28 in the 40 yard dash. The NUC tested 3000 high school kids in that year alone, and Robert Davis set the ALL TIME record for 40 yard dash at an NUC camp. It wasn't some outlier hand timing, either. The four redundant hand-timers had him down for 4.30, 4.29, 4.29 and 4.28. He ran his second run in 4.35 seconds.

I grade NFL players. It's one of the things I do for publications. He's not just fast for Carrollwood Day, he's not just fast for High School, he's not just fast for College. He's fast for the NFL. And you can see that on the film, and you don't even need to calibrate it against someone else with known speed.

So let's just stop there for a moment. A guy with 4.2x speed already as a 16 year old just committed to your school (well, hypothetically). That's a GOOD thing. Oh, and he also de-committed from a conference rival in the process? ****, that sucks, eh?

But of course, he's better than the one-dimensional speed thing. He has a 3.7 GPA and won the Leadership Award (as well as the Fastest Man Award, obviously) at the NUC camp he attended.

So yeah. I'd like it if the Bulls were able to reel him in. I'd consider it a coup.

We obviously have differing opinions what constitutes a "coup" ... In my line of thinking, getting Davis would be more of an under the radar type steal.

Collins = coup

Davis = coupe

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Let's have some reminders why I like the guy, who is clearly slipping through the recruiting cracks based on what school he plays at more so than by virtue of the actual talent he's showing.

Here are his senior highlights, which are even better than his junior highlights, if that can be believed.

He ran a 4.37 at a Georgia Tech camp when he was still a junior in high school. Then he went to an NUC camp and set an NUC record with a 4.28 in the 40 yard dash. The NUC tested 3000 high school kids in that year alone, and Robert Davis set the ALL TIME record for 40 yard dash at an NUC camp. It wasn't some outlier hand timing, either. The four redundant hand-timers had him down for 4.30, 4.29, 4.29 and 4.28. He ran his second run in 4.35 seconds.

I grade NFL players. It's one of the things I do for publications. He's not just fast for Carrollwood Day, he's not just fast for High School, he's not just fast for College. He's fast for the NFL. And you can see that on the film, and you don't even need to calibrate it against someone else with known speed.

So let's just stop there for a moment. A guy with 4.2x speed already as a 16 year old just committed to your school (well, hypothetically). That's a GOOD thing. Oh, and he also de-committed from a conference rival in the process? ****, that sucks, eh?

But of course, he's better than the one-dimensional speed thing. He has a 3.7 GPA and won the Leadership Award (as well as the Fastest Man Award, obviously) at the NUC camp he attended.

So yeah. I'd like it if the Bulls were able to reel him in. I'd consider it a coup.

We obviously have differing opinions what constitutes a "coup" ... In my line of thinking, getting Davis would be more of an under the radar type steal.

Collins = coup

Davis = coupe

You're not paying attention ...

Collins = coup

Davis = couscous

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Listen, Robert Davis is one of the very fastest recruits in all of high school football. I haven't seen confirmation of a faster 40 time on any recruit yet, be it a regional camp or whatever. I'm sure they're out there, but he's one of the fastest guys out there. So one of the fastest high school football players in the nation with some ridiculous like 10 yard per carry average was committed to a conference rival, de-committed, and is now committing to you...sorry for the language if I consider that a coup. Jebus.

Ridiculously fast does not automatically make someone a good football player.  See Nehemiah, Renaldo.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Collins = coup

Davis = coupe

Collins = coup

Davis = couscous

Don't drag my ass into this parse marathon. Who gives a flying Fish what it's called. The kid is a burner, he plays FB really well and he wants to come to USF. I don't care if you call it the Queen Mary, I want him on board. You guys drink a beer or sumpin.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Collins = coup

Davis = coupe

Collins = coup

Davis = couscous

COOOOP COP sh***T i don't care.

Sign them up get them on the bus

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm surprised I'm seeing a lot of Lindsey Lamar comparisons.  Not only a #5, but he runs hard & fast, and once he's in the clear, likely gone.

If even close to 4.28, we should granb him & find a way to utilize him.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I'm surprised I'm seeing a lot of Lindsey Lamar comparisons. Not only a #5, but he runs hard & fast, and once he's in the clear, likely gone.

If even close to 4.28, we should granb him & find a way to utilize him.

I was thinking the same thing, reminds me of Lamar. Kids got some attitude too, I like it.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

He ran a 4.37 at a Georgia Tech camp when he was still a junior in high school. Then he went to an NUC camp and set an NUC record with a 4.28 in the 40 yard dash. The NUC tested 3000 high school kids in that year alone, and Robert Davis set the ALL TIME record for 40 yard dash at an NUC camp. It wasn't some outlier hand timing, either. The four redundant hand-timers had him down for 4.30, 4.29, 4.29 and 4.28. He ran his second run in 4.35 seconds.

So let's just stop there for a moment. A guy with 4.2x speed already as a 16 year old just committed to your school (well, hypothetically). That's a GOOD thing. Oh, and he also de-committed from a conference rival in the process? Dang, that sucks, eh?

But of course, he's better than just the one-dimensional straight line speed thing. He's not just straight line speed at all. He plants, sits and explodes about as well as I've seen, showing lateral agility and change of direction all over the **** place. He's actually got a 100 meters that is slower than you'd expect from a guy that runs this fast on a 40 yard dash. Know why? Because his speed is all acceleration. It's not build-up speed.

Oh and he has a 3.7 GPA and won the Leadership Award (as well as the Fastest Man Award, obviously) at the NUC camp he attended.

Wow!! Guys, watch this video starting from 2 min 6 sec. That run was beastly. He does remind me of a Lindsey Lamar and Trindon Holiday from LSU. I want him for USF. Lets get him! 

I got a feeling he wants to come to USF, but not if McCray and/or Kemp joins. He sounds like he wants to be a star. 

He is friends with Travis Johnson and I got a feeling they'll both go to either Cincy or USF together... Hopefully USF... 

#GoBulls

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

If he was really considering coming here, wouldn't he have taken an official OV this weekend. He has 2-3 open official OV's to take and he could have joined his buddy Travis on this visit, but he didn't. Plus he hasn't really tweeted about USF in about three weeks. IMO, there is no way this kid is coming here. I think he already "unofficially" committed to Memphis.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

If he was really considering coming here, wouldn't he have taken an official OV this weekend. He has 2-3 open official OV's to take and he could have joined his buddy Travis on this visit, but he didn't. Plus he hasn't really tweeted about USF in about three weeks. IMO, there is no way this kid is coming here. I think he already "unofficially" committed to Memphis.

maybe the coaches wanted to have the two guys in this weekend before they brought him in on an ov