• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Jeff Badet, Freedom HS, Orlando, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Oh, just went and looked up Best 60 in the state of FL this year. Tyrell(TJ) Johnson from Island Coast. Like I said. I want him and Jeff.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

He has all-state LJ & TJ stats. But, his 100 meter times do not translate into 4.4 speed. Having said that, he does look fast in the video.

http://fl.milesplit.com/athletes/1319919-jeff-badet

say what you want formulas don't always tell the story another 60 in addition to 40 changes a lot i witnessed his 4.3+ and 4.4+ at a combine here in Orlando.

Edited by Woulard

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He has all-state LJ & TJ stats. But, his 100 meter times do not translate into 4.4 speed. Having said that, he does look fast in the video.

http://fl.milesplit....9919-jeff-badet

say what you want formulas don't always tell the story another 60 in addition to 40 changes a lot i witnessed his 4.3+ and 4.4+ at a combine here in Orlando.

I understand. A player who can put up the great numbers he did in the long jump and triple jump figures to also do very well in the 40. In most cases, such a player would, usually, have better 100 meter times. Badet claims a 4.37 time, so it was somewhat surprising to see.

http://fl.milesplit....9919-jeff-badet

I understand. A player who can put up the great numbers he did in the long jump and triple jump figures to also do very well in the 40. In most cases, such a player would, usually, have better 100 meter times. Badet claims a 4.37 time, so it was somewhat surprising to see.

I understand that i saw his first 40 that day it was low 4.4 he felt he could get to 4.3 so he ran it again and got a high 4.3 4.37 sounds about right it was 4.3 something but a consistent 4.4 ain't bad coupled with great footwork and route running ability either

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957

I guess I'm like one of those evil recruiting services...because I'm having a tough time seeing "special" there. The good news is he's likely going to get better and better. He's already unusually quick and operates at a different brainwave from the defenses he's facing in high school. But whatever 4.37 he ran probably involved an itchy thumb as I doubt he cracks 4.46 in an NFL Combine type setting. He's got no real physicality or strength for doing anything after contact. Like I said I tend to doubt his ability to just go one on one on the outside and blaze beyond college level corners vertically. I'm not seeing special ankle flexion, explosion or leg strength.

He's a short strider with good agility and speed that is out there just plain thinking faster than everyone on the football field. Is he a standout point guard? Wouldn't surprise me at all.

You're certainly never going to be worse off for having a guy like that on your team. I like some of the Taurus Johnson comparisons people have been making.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567

My ankle flexion was never great in high school..........pretty sure that's why I never made it to the show. Either that or because I'm slow and not really athletic.

I'll say this one on one all day sat and sun he beat his man and consistently was open by 3-5 yrds. Former Gator DB Kaewon Ratliff also former Cincinnati Bengal said if Jeff he is the best rec on the field all weekend i agree seeing is believing that's why i wanted him and Vll to match up so bad

Tell ya what lets compare guys like Keshaun Johnson, Jerry Rice, & Terrell Owens With Peter Warrwick hmmmm Lavernious Coles and all the other speedsters point a true productive ballers only attribute is what he does on the field does he have the "it" factor Hines Ward has it further more i bet those guys may have been ave in hs Tom Brady?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957

Tell ya what lets compare guys like Keshaun Johnson, Jerry Rice, & Terrell Owens With Peter Warrwick hmmmm Lavernious Coles and all the other speedsters point a true productive ballers only attribute is what he does on the field does he have the "it" factor Hines Ward has it further more i bet those guys may have been ave in hs Tom Brady?

First off, Peter Warrick wasn't a speedster. He ran in the mid 4.5's. Second, Laveranues Coles was a really good pro receiver. Third, you just named three guys (Keyshawn, Rice and Owens), that were BIG, STRONG and PHYSICAL, and none of those words describe Jeff Badet right now.

Physically, I am not all that impressed with Jeff Badet. He doesn't have special explosiveness, certainly not special size or physical strength, and I don't think the speed on the field is what you've described.

Mentally, I'm more impressed with him than physically. He thinks at a different speed and it's reflected in his feet. He adjusts to and catches balls he wasn't ready for. He makes good sound decisions in the open field.

But you're bringing up names and comparisons that really IMO are not justified. It's actually funny that you bring up Peter Warrick because Warrick's problem in the NFL was that he was NOT actually all that interesting from a physical standpoint, and at the NFL level everyone thinks quickly and has quick feet...so that made Warrick a pretty uninteresting player.

Important talking about these guys in high school at the same point as JB. You watching film vs watching a player in actual games vs 4 and 5 star D-1 commits is two totally different things. Could careless for you being impressed with Jeff your opinion is what it is "yours" surely there are many others of have and have had an opinion of a particular player contrary to yours didn't make um right or wrong because people like you are often proven wrong in time. There are those analyst who break down film and evaluate teams for a living and try to pick the winner of a game sat or sun and uf they were to bet the house on it they would be homeless every week.. My opinion seeing him play last three years he's a dominant rec no-one knows for reasons i took my son out of that same school. In other words in my opinion you mentioning your occupation gives you nomore credibility than anyone else on this board and you have made sure to qualify yourself talking about your NFL evals several times. Its not necessary to preface your opinions with that statement as if it validates you in some way.JMO !! I speak on what I have experienced in person concerning JB not YouTube film.

Edited by Woulard