• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Jeff Badet, Freedom HS, Orlando, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

This one is an kind of an outlier . But here's what I know. He's not Larry Fitzgerald huge, He's probably not Steve Smith fast., but he's got something that means a lot to me in a FB player. He has a lot of respect from his peers and I respect the opinion of those people. He isn't gonna wow the recruiting services, but who really cares. He will not get on the radar of a lot of major programs because of his size 160#. He probably won't blow the timing devices up. But from the people that really matter to me, he gets 5 stars. I would take this kid in a heartbeat over a recruit who has tried to use us a safety net, while telling everyone who would listen that he was still open to offers from elsewhere.

Something about a kid that wants to be a part of this, versus a kid that knows we will take his commit and then goes and shops around. It's about team chemistry, retaining a player and the attitude on the practice field of a young man that wants to prove you right for taking his commitment in the first place.I have coached young men for a lot of my adult life, and I will take a kid that wants it and play him, over a kid that is twice as gifted, every day, all day.Powerful motivators for a young man and how high he rises.I say give Jeff a golden ticket.He kinda reminds me of a HS Wes Welker.

Oh, and Louisville is all hot for him now, and I really want to festoon my cap with those Cardinal feathers this year. They are gonna want to leave the conference even more when we get done with em.

[media=]

Edited by Bullwinkle
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

Someone needs to get the above post to Skip Holtzs' ears. I agree 100% my friend another great post!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

Badet is a 4.3 4.4 guy he is 5'11" closer to 6' and he is about 170 175 and literally quicker off the line and in and out of breaks faster than any rec at IMG today bar none! he has the fastest feet i have ever seen on a hs kid and promised me he would commit on the spot if offered! He and AW were teammates and close friends where ever we go he goes I wanted the Vlll matchup with him so bad! It would have been explosive give and take all day.

Edited by Woulard

Badet is a 4.3 4.4 guy he is 5'11" closer to 6' and he is about 170 175 and literally quicker off the line and in and out of breaks faster than any rec at IMG today bar none! he has the fastest feet i have ever seen on a hs kid and promised me he would commit on the spot if offered! He and AW were teammates and close friends where ever we go he goes I wanted the Vlll matchup with him so bad! It would have been explosive give and take all day.

thanks for the update on the stats. Only reinforces my argument.

Oh and some more video, even more impressive. you can see the speed even better here.

and here

[media=]

he is clearly the fastest guy on the field when he steps on it.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Reminds me of TJ.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He has all-state LJ & TJ stats. But, his 100 meter times do not translate into 4.4 speed. Having said that, he does look fast in the video.

http://fl.milesplit.com/athletes/1319919-jeff-badet

Reminds me of TJ.

Your going to have to be more specific. TJ Johnson or Travis Johnson? :tongue2: We are recruiting both. One a WR and one a APB. Personally, I think he looks like TJ, too. The APB one from Island Coast who BTW has 4.31 speed. Just cause we didn't get Benkert, I want this guy , bad.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Reminds me of TJ.

Your going to have to be more specific. TJ Johnson or Travis Johnson? :tongue2: We are recruiting both. One a WR and one a APB. Personally, I think he looks like TJ, too. The APB one from Island Coast who BTW has 4.31 speed. Just cause we didn't get Benkert, I want this guy , bad.

I would guess Taurus Johnson.

Reminds me of TJ.

Someone tweeted the other day that the fastest player on USF was just timed at 4.32. I presume that was either Derrick Hopkins or Lindsey Lamar, who both ran 10.35 in HS. You can see for yourself what Badet ran.

BTW, I saw this tweet today.

View videoHide video

9h twitter_logo_normal.jpg Big County Preps â€@BigCountyPreps1

"@BottomsUpBeer: @BigCountyPreps1 Robert Davis and his 4.28!" He can go now.

12:09 PM - 2 Jul 12 via Twitter for Android ·

Reminds me of TJ.

I would guess Taurus Johnson.

He was a 4.4 track star in HS

Taurus Johnson

Cape Coral HS

200 Meter Dash

2005-04-22FHSAA 3A District 15 21.99PR