• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Conner Rafferty OT Robinson HS Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Joey Knight â€@JoeyHomeTeam

Robinson rising senior LT Conner Rafferty has committed to #USF, Coach Mike DePue says. 2nd Knight to commit to #Bulls in as many days.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I just saw that. Great.

Joey Knight â€@JoeyHomeTeam

Robinson rising senior LT Conner Rafferty has committed to #USF, Coach Mike DePue says. 2nd Knight to commit to #Bulls in as many days.

Retweeted by Greg Auman

Another big Knight for Bulls: Rafferty commits to USF

The Hometeam Blog

Tue. June 26, 2012 | Joey Knight | Email

At its current rate, Robinson High's entire starting offensive line should be committed to USF by, oh, Friday.

Rising senior LT Conner Rafferty, an honor student and son of two Robinson alumni, has verbally accepted his scholarship offer from Bulls coach Skip Holtz, Knights coach Mike DePue announced Tuesday evening. His commitment comes a little more than 24 hours after DePue announced that LG Bruce Hector also had accepted an offer from Holtz.

"Here are two kids who wanted to stay in a local area," DePue said. "USF's got a good thing going, and they're just glad it's over. They saw an opportunity to be on a program that's really on the rise and they're committed."

Rafferty (6-foot-3, 275 pounds), whose dad was the Knights' starting center in the mid-1980s, enters his second season anchoring the left side. He owns a 3.6 unweighted GPA and scored a 1060 on two sections of the SAT, DePue said.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/another-big-knight-bulls-rafferty-commits-usf/14129/

Top 19 performers from E7 Showcase

By BCP STAFF– June 12, 2012 10:25 amPosted in: RECRUITING FEATURES, THE BOX

2012 E7 Training Camp has concluded, but the coverage is not over yet. Of 147 participants, we took the top 18 performers from the two day event. See who stood out in a big way.

2 Conner Rafferty, Robinson 2013 OT – The big Knight has a bright future. He eliminated just about every defensive lineman that stepped in front of him during the pass rush 1 on 1s. Stood tall a few times In his technique, but overall was a monster.

http://bigcountypreps.com/180/top-19-performers-from-e7-showcase/

98410452.jpg

Robinson’s Rafferty gives USF another Knights commitment

Posted Jun 26, 2012 by Bill Ward

Updated Jun 26, 2012 at 07:36 PM

A day after his teammate committed to the University of South Florida, Robinson offensive lineman Connor Rafferty has decided to become a Bull, too, said Knights assistant coach Shawn Taylor said Tuesday afternoon.

The 6-foot-4, 280-pound Rafferty will join fellow lineman Bruce Hector (6-2, 270), who gave USF coach Skip Holtz a verbal commitment Monday. That same day, Holtz made a pitch for Rafferty. And even though that was Rafferty’s first college scholarship offer, he decided USF is where he wants to be.

Taylor said Rafferty is choosing the school for the same reasons as Hector—the football program’s focus on academics, the level of play in the Big East and being able to attend school and compete in the sport close to home and with teammates from high school. And just like Hector, Taylor says Rafferty will bring character and an outstanding skills to USF.

“USF is getting two great players and even better kids,†Taylor said. “You would take both of them home.â€

Hector and Rafferty will join 2011 Robinson graduate Ruben Gonzalez, a wide receiver, at USF in 2013.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C667/

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Making some nice inroads at some of these schools....good to see...great to see he was ranked second overall at that camp...

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Great pickup. Also glad he has a good GPA and is eligible based on SAT scores.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Another big ugly. Got to love the boys from the cafeteria line. Takes a lot of fuel to keep a big diesel running.

Bulls land under the radar OL Connor Rafferty 1080552.jpg

By Larry Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Posted Jun 26, 2012

The South Florida Bulls added commitment No. 9 Tuesday from an in-state under the radar prospect when Robinson offensive lineman Connor Rafferty gave Head Coach Skip Holtz his pledge. The Bulls newest commit talks about the decision.

In a state loaded with talent, the Bulls have had a penchant for finding relatively unknown players that have slipped under the radar. Today the Bulls received a commitment from one of those players in Robinson offensive tackle Connor Rafferty.

“Yes sir, I committed to USF today,†said Rafferty. “I called coach Holtz and told him I was ready to play for him and USF.â€

The 6-foot-3, 280 pound lineman plays left tackle for Robinson, said the Bulls were his first offer, but had other schools showing interest including NC State, FAU, among others.

“I chose USF because I really like the coaching staff, and they have very good education opportunities for me,†said Rafferty. “I feel that Coach Holtz is putting together a great program here in Tampa.â€

Rafferty participated at the Bulls one-day skill camp last week and then was invited to the school on Monday where he received his first offer from the Bulls

“When they offered me I was very happy and couldn’t stop smiling,†said Rafferty. “I was very high on them after that, but I wanted to go back and talk with my coach and family, and then decided that was the best place for me.â€

“I actually tried to call him last night, but do to the weather, he had a few issues, so I waited until today to call him,†said Rafferty. “He was real happy that I accepted their offer and was very excited.â€

The Robinson lineman said getting a chance to work with Coach Shankweiler was a big reason why he liked USF.

“I thought that Coach Shankweiler was my favorite coach that I got to work with,†said Rafferty. “The way he teaches, I feel I can get what he’s saying very easily. I know he can make me a better lineman.â€

“He told me that they really liked my feet and my upside was really high,†said Rafferty. “He tinks I have a chance to be a very good player for them.â€

Rafferty, who’s an honor student, said he has a 3.55 un-weighted GPA and a waited GPA of 4.22 and out of two sections scored a 1060 on the SAT.

“Yeah I’m good to go,†said Rafferty and the coaches were real happy with my work in the class room.â€

Now that Rafferty committed to the home town team he’s more than happy to be a Bull.

“I’m real excited and feel very good,†said Rafferty. “I feel like they were the team that believed in my potential.â€

Rafferty is the second Robinson player to commit to USF after defensive tackle Bruce Hector committed to the Bulls yesterday. Another graduate from Robinson Ruben Gonzalez already plays wide receiver at USF.

“Yeah having Hector there just made me that more comfortable with USF,†said Rafferty. “It’s going to be great playing together at the next level. We’re both real excited.â€

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/1198224.html