• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe cut by Storm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I thought he was coaching at George Jenkins High in Lakeland?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

That's weird because he did pretty well in his games last season?

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Remember we didn't get a chance to see Grothe as a Senior. He only played a couple games that season. No doubt in my mind he would have had more success than years prior. With Grothe we would have shredded FSU that season. I think we would have won at least one possibly two more games. And it would have been a totally different conference season with him in there.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Remember we didn't get a chance to see Grothe as a Senior. He only played a couple games that season. No doubt in my mind he would have had more success than years prior. With Grothe we would have shredded FSU that season. I think we would have won at least one possibly two more games. And it would have been a totally different conference season with him in there.

Yep

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I thought he was coaching at George Jenkins High in Lakeland?

Yes he was... but the new coach brought him and his father in full time at Highlands this year.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  420

Grothe has landed on his feet...

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/grothe-orlando-qb-signs-predators

Here's a transaction rich with irony: Former USF quarterback Matt Grothe, cut loose by the Tampa Bay Storm after playing sparingly this season, has signed with their Arena rival, the Orlando Predators.

Bulls fans will remember that few enjoyed the USF-UCF rivalry as much as Grothe, who engineered

and one complete rout, got poked "
by UCF fans on Facebook and made clear his overall distaste for the Orlando school. And Grothe's pro career got its start -- albeit a short one -- in Orlando in 2010 with the UFL's Florida Tuskers.

And to add to the nostalgia, Grothe was signed due to an injury to Predators backup Justin Roper, best known for throwing four touchdown passes for Oregon in the Ducks' drubbing of USF in the 2007 Sun Bowl.

Orlando's first game with Grothe on roster is against the San Jose Sabercats, who have former Bulls receivers Huey Whittaker and Taurus Johnson on their roster. ...

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Yep

Still a big what if for me... I really wanted to see him his sr season

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  486

Grothe has landed on his feet...

http://www.tampabay....signs-predators

Here's a transaction rich with irony: Former USF quarterback Matt Grothe, cut loose by the Tampa Bay Storm after playing sparingly this season, has signed with their Arena rival, the Orlando Predators.

Bulls fans will remember that few enjoyed the USF-UCF rivalry as much as Grothe, who engineered

and one complete rout, got poked "
by UCF fans on Facebook and made clear his overall distaste for the Orlando school. And Grothe's pro career got its start -- albeit a short one -- in Orlando in 2010 with the UFL's Florida Tuskers.

And to add to the nostalgia, Grothe was signed due to an injury to Predators backup Justin Roper, best known for throwing four touchdown passes for Oregon in the Ducks' drubbing of USF in the 2007 Sun Bowl.

Orlando's first game with Grothe on roster is against the San Jose Sabercats, who have former Bulls receivers Huey Whittaker and Taurus Johnson on their roster. ...

When they cut him I had a feeling this might happen. The Storm never game him a chance they were in love with the guy Wasil who is not that good but they traded the Def player of the year away to get him so they played him to justify the trade. Glad to see Matt in Orlando.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I don't care which team Matt plays for as long as he has a chance to play QB

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It's hard to judge if he really turned the corner or not when we only saw him against the likes of Wofford, WKU, and Charleston Southern. BJ and Grothe have both looked like they turned the corner against low level OOC foes to only struggle or be mediocre against BE competition.