• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe cut by Storm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Glad he gets another chance to shine.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Still the best QB in USF history.

If you like interceptions

Would take him in heartbeat over what we have now and will have over the next two years. Can't argue with the fact he was the BE passing leader for a while and won USF its biggest games. I don't see how any one could argue otherwise. I am not calling him all world by any means, he is just the best in terms of what we have had and will have in the short term future.

Actually, he's the BEast all purpose yards leader. BJ should pass him this year.

Shows how meaningful that accomplishment is.

MG will be fine with or without football, he is a legend in the Tampa bay area

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

Grothe has landed on his feet...

http://www.tampabay....signs-predators

Here's a transaction rich with irony: Former USF quarterback Matt Grothe, cut loose by the Tampa Bay Storm after playing sparingly this season, has signed with their Arena rival, the Orlando Predators.

Bulls fans will remember that few enjoyed the USF-UCF rivalry as much as Grothe, who engineered

and one complete rout, got poked "
by UCF fans on Facebook and made clear his overall distaste for the Orlando school. And Grothe's pro career got its start -- albeit a short one -- in Orlando in 2010 with the UFL's Florida Tuskers.

And to add to the nostalgia, Grothe was signed due to an injury to Predators backup Justin Roper, best known for throwing four touchdown passes for Oregon in the Ducks' drubbing of USF in the 2007 Sun Bowl.

Orlando's first game with Grothe on roster is against the San Jose Sabercats, who have former Bulls receivers Huey Whittaker and Taurus Johnson on their roster. ...

Hopefully the Amway Center has these at their entrances ....

airport_security_reaches_new_levels_of_absurdity-460x307.jpg

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

He coaches at George Jenkins.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Remember we didn't get a chance to see Grothe as a Senior. He only played a couple games that season. No doubt in my mind he would have had more success than years prior. With Grothe we would have shredded FSU that season. I think we would have won at least one possibly two more games. And it would have been a totally different conference season with him in there.

Yes, I was surprised they didn't attempt a medical redshirt when he got hurt early his senior season?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Good luck to him

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I'm shocked and appalled. I get all of my USF info from this board and this board told me that MG was going to at least be a safety in the NFL and more than likely a decent NFL QB. It's obvious the Storm and the entire NFL cannot recognize the superior decision making skills and arm strength that this man possesses.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Remember we didn't get a chance to see Grothe as a Senior. He only played a couple games that season. No doubt in my mind he would have had more success than years prior. With Grothe we would have shredded FSU that season. I think we would have won at least one possibly two more games. And it would have been a totally different conference season with him in there.

Yes, I was surprised they didn't attempt a medical redshirt when he got hurt early his senior season?

They could not request one as he had not been redshirted.his freshman year.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I'm shocked and appalled. I get all of my USF info from this board and this board told me that MG was going to at least be a safety in the NFL and more than likely a decent NFL QB. It's obvious the Storm and the entire NFL cannot recognize the superior decision making skills and arm strength that this man possesses.

Dude, you really have a problem.