• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

Most of it is made up speculation.

Exactly. Last year the Big 12 was the conference that was going to blow up with teams going everywhere.

Yeah, and only eleven teams changed conferences.

But the Big 12 didn't blow up, just like the ACC probably isn't going to blow up this year, which is I think his point ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Exactly. Last year the Big 12 was the conference that was going to blow up with teams going everywhere.

But the Big 12 didn't blow up, just like the ACC probably isn't going to blow up this year, which is I think his point ...

It won't blow up, but more teams will definitely move with the Big 4 conferences getting all the accolades. Still crossing my fingers the ACC loses 4 or more.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Different scenarios. The Big 12 was really on the verge of blowing up. Negotiations between the Pac 12 and Texas/Oklahoma were 90% done. Maybe more. It actually seems that it would have been done if the Pac 12 had agreed to take Okie St and Texas Tech. Seems there was an agreement at the negotiating table but the Pac 12 schools voted it down.

In the case of the ACC, it speculation but possible. Really I'm just pushing that agenda because I think it would be hilarious.

More seriously, I think probably four to six schools will leave the ACC and USF to be one of the schools that will land there. But we aren't far along to decide that.

FSU to the B12 is pretty much a done deal. The question is who is going with them. Probably Clemson, but GT has decided to get into the bidding. So Clemson could be out if the B12 only goes to 12 schools.

In any case, that will cause other dominos to fall. Actually, FSU talking to the Big 12 (which they've been doing informally for months) might be enough to get the SEC and B1G moving. Neither really expected the B12 to be able to land teams from the ACC, so they weren't in a big hurry. Now that the B12 has appeal, it may force the SEC to go ahead and pick off teams 15 and 16, and the B1G to fill out their roster as well. The B1G moves slowly, so they are less likely to move now, IMO.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Yeah, all that stuff last year was just rank speculation, OU and TX probably weren't really talking to the Pac 12 and MU and TAMU weren't really talking to the SEC and UConn wasn't telling everyone that would listen they wanted into the ACC, Louisville wasn't having senators call the B12 on their behalf, Pitt and Syracuse weren't negotiating behind the backs of their conference partners and WVU wasn't trying to get out out the BE anywhere they could get to. Thank God none of that happened. We are really glad it didn't because it would have really affected us.All that speculation was just that, thank god.

7905604-the-ostrich-has-buried-a-head-in-sand.jpg

Has any conference not named the WAC died? No?

The rumors are always so **** drastic and turn out to be the opposite. You know that is what I meant. Let's look at the ACC. We know FSU has wanted out, and are talking to the Big 12. We know Clemson has probably done the same. TCU's AD suggested Miami has too. Then there are the rumors with GT being approach.

The rest? All BS speculation.

There are ZERO reports that VT and NC State have talked to the SEC. There are ZERO reports that the SEC wants to expand.

There are ZERO reports that Virginia, UNC, Duke, and Wake have talked to the Big Ten. There are also ZERO reports that the Big Ten is looking to expand.

It was the SAME way last year with the Big 12 when people had Mizzou to the Big Ten. It was the same when they Kansas, Iowa State, and Kansas State to the Big East.

You keep saying it almost happened, but the reality is it didn't. Texas probably was playing the game to keep their power in the Big 12 and assure they didn't have to split revenue from the Longhorn Network with the rest of the league.. They stayed and got a sweet deal to do so.

That's my point. FSU and Clemson may move on as reports have suggested, but the ACC will stick around. Just as the Big 12 did.

I'll let you return to reading these doomsday scenerios on Twitter.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

There are ZERO reports that VT and NC State have talked to the SEC. There are ZERO reports that the SEC wants to expand.

Not true.

There are ZERO reports that Virginia, UNC, Duke, and Wake have talked to the Big Ten. There are also ZERO reports that the Big Ten is looking to expand.

Not true.

There are other sources of information than ESPN.

Weeks after sources indicated that FSU was talking to the Big 12, Chad Scott of CBS tweeted that the talk was all rubbish from tweeters that don't know anything.

Two days later he was reporting that FSU was talking to the Big 12.

Just because you haven't read it on ESPN or CBS, doesn't mean it's not true. Clearly not all of these discussions will result in school changing conferences. But the talks are happening. In fact, they HAVE to occur for weeks before anything becomes official. It takes a long time to negotiate these things. By the time you hear about it on any of the major sources, the talks have been going on for months.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Yeah, all that stuff last year was just rank speculation, OU and TX probably weren't really talking to the Pac 12 and MU and TAMU weren't really talking to the SEC and UConn wasn't telling everyone that would listen they wanted into the ACC, Louisville wasn't having senators call the B12 on their behalf, Pitt and Syracuse weren't negotiating behind the backs of their conference partners and WVU wasn't trying to get out out the BE anywhere they could get to. Thank God none of that happened. We are really glad it didn't because it would have really affected us.All that speculation was just that, thank god.

7905604-the-ostrich-has-buried-a-head-in-sand.jpg

Has any conference not named the WAC died? No?

The rumors are always so **** drastic and turn out to be the opposite. You know that is what I meant. Let's look at the ACC. We know FSU has wanted out, and are talking to the Big 12. We know Clemson has probably done the same. TCU's AD suggested Miami has too. Then there are the rumors with GT being approach.

The rest? All BS speculation.

It was the SAME way last year with the Big 12 when people had Mizzou to the Big Ten. It was the same when they Kansas, Iowa State, and Kansas State to the Big East.

You keep saying it almost happened, but the reality is it didn't. Texas probably was playing the game to keep their power in the Big 12 and assure they didn't have to split revenue from the Longhorn Network with the rest of the league.. They stayed and got a sweet deal to do so.

That's my point. FSU and Clemson may move on as reports have suggested, but the ACC will stick around. Just as the Big 12 did.

I'll let you return to reading these doomsday scenerios on Twitter.

Well a week ago the FSU Clemson scenario was "rank speculation" too. Now wasn't it? oh, and it's spelled scenario.And No where did I suggest "doomsday" for any conference. I Have always( for 6 months now) that FSU leaving the ACC might create a window for USF to enter the ACC. Now with the terms of their TV deal out, I'm kind of glad we didn't get offered and jump. You know, I read probably 150 pages of text a day about this stuff, which range from locals newspapers to national media to Bloggers who are working really hard to mine sources and find out truths about these issues. It's mindless to dismiss all of that to "twitter doomsday scenerios" or rank speculation. A lot of what I read and research is from intelligent, careful and thoughtful individuals. But you want to wave that away with the sweep of a hand and call it unfounded because that weasel Brett McMurphy has gotten the story yet. I Edited by Bullwinkle
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Now the Texas AD is saying they aren't expanding, unless it's Notre Dame and Texas controls everything. This **** is stupid... I'm not going to pay attention to these rumors/blogs/ESPN/CBS articles anymore until something actually happens (or doesn't). This is my last one.

Per Brett: Texas AD not for expanding, but admits courting Notre Dame

http://www.cbssports...murphy/19124774

Now the Texas AD is saying they aren't expanding, unless it's Notre Dame and Texas controls everything. This **** is stupid... I'm not going to pay attention to these rumors/blogs/ESPN/CBS articles anymore until something actually happens (or doesn't). This is my last one.

Have you actually read the article? McMurphy puts his "I missed this story" stamp on it while misquoting what Dodds actually said.

the title reads

Texas AD not for expanding, but admits courting Notre Dame

The text says

"I don't think it needs to expand," Dodds told CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd. "It certainly can expand because there will be people that will want to be a part of it. That's another good thing.".

heck, I don't need to go do down to the local pub and flirt with the girls there, but I sure like doing it. And....

"We could expand to some number," Dodds said. "You name the number -- 12, 14, 16. We could expand but the question is 'do we need to expand?' In my mind, 10 is perfect because you play everybody in football and there is a double-round-robin in basketball.

This directly contradicts what The Human BM says in the Title. Want to talk about irresponsible journalism, this is the ridiculous example that proves the point. You can't really be quoting BM to argue this point, can you?

Edited by Bullwinkle

Oh and BTW, Clemson BOT has scheduled a meeting tomorrow to discuss conference expansion and realignment as well, must be BS speculation and twitter rumors", eh?.

"Clemson Board of Trustees president David Wilkins confirmed today that the board will meet Thursday in an informational meeting to discuss conference expansion and realignment".

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

Have you actually read the article? McMurphy puts his "I missed this story" stamp on it while misquoting what Dodds actually said.

the title reads

Texas AD not for expanding, but admits courting Notre Dame

The text says

"I don't think it needs to expand," Dodds told CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd. "It certainly can expand because there will be people that will want to be a part of it. That's another good thing.".

heck, I don't need to go do down to the local pub and flirt with the girls there, but I sure like doing it. And....

"We could expand to some number," Dodds said. "You name the number -- 12, 14, 16. We could expand but the question is 'do we need to expand?' In my mind, 10 is perfect because you play everybody in football and there is a double-round-robin in basketball.

This directly contradicts what The Human BM says in the Title. Want to talk about irresponsible journalism, this is the ridiculous example that proves the point. You can't really be quoting BM to argue this point, can you?

Um, nothing you quoted there contradicts what Dodds said in the title. Title said he's not for expanding and what you quoted supports that .....