• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The ACC not only has some big time athletic departments, they also have academic powerhouses. The ACC is going nowhere. If anything happens, they raid the Big East.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

http://floridastate....asp?CID=1373523

Barron did not really close the door. The saga continues!

Of course, he didn't close the door ... you never want to close the door completely ... but he did, unless he's flat out lying, put the kibosh on anything happening with this in the next several months .... which it would need to for the 2013 season, if I understand correctly.

Where is the Clemson saga at right now?

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Of course, he didn't close the door ... you never want to close the door completely ... but he did, unless he's flat out lying, put the kibosh on anything happening with this in the next several months .... which it would need to for the 2013 season, if I understand correctly.

Where is the Clemson saga at right now?

Nothing changed as a result of that announcement. Clemson is chafing at the bit. I think everything is all about the exit fees now.By pushing for an 8 team playoff which will never happen, FSU has created one more fungible argument for leaving the ACC. I think everything unfurls after the vote on the playoffs. Then ACC members have a strong rational for abandoning ship. Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

FSU and CU will announce by Aug 15th, 2012 therefore be in BIG12 in 2013. There are ACC schools threatening litigation right now if FSU and CU move quickly so Is and Ts being crossed right now, prior to Big12 Commissioner switch and after playoff vote.

FSU and CU will announce by Aug 15th, 2012 therefore be in BIG12 in 2013. There are ACC schools threatening litigation right now if FSU and CU move quickly so Is and Ts being crossed right now, prior to Big12 Commissioner switch and after playoff vote.

:rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You do understand that if anyone admits to having discussions before FSU has formally withdrawn both FSU and the B12 open themselves up to lawsuits from the Big 12?

I really find it amazing that the Big 12 commish and school representatives make these statements and everyone believes them. Less than a week before A&M withdrew from the Big 12, everyone was denying it. Less than a week before TCU jumped back into the Big 12, Dodds said they absolutely were not talking to the Big 12.

This is all a smokescreen, and it's been repeated over and over.

Tell me the last time a school came out and denied they were talking to another conference and then DIDN'T move.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Tell me the last time a school came out and denied they were talking to another conference and then DIDN'T move.

Texas. Oklahoma. Those two come to mind...

Texas A&M was pretty vocal about wanting to leave for about a year. Hell the governor and trustee came out and said they were gone.

I agree FSU is probably jumping, but it's far from a done deal.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Texas. Oklahoma. Those two come to mind...

Yes, but they were in deep and serious talks, which is my point.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Wasn't you questioning me on every WVU to get out of Big East with payout that was pretty close the whole time, hell even Greg Aumen (sports writer called me nuts). This is happening just give it time, then the real question is will UL, UConn, SU follow Pitt in suing BE to get out early for 2013?

Wasn't you questioning me on every WVU to get out of Big East with payout that was pretty close the whole time

No, I weren't ...

And you'll be able to have one big "I told you so" if there's an announcement by 8/15/12 ...