• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I don't see where he was asking you, Trip. :furious3:

If aimed just at you I would think he would have said something to the effect of "My sarcasm didn't carry there for you, did it?" ... or "You didn't get my sarcasm there, did you?" I took it as a universal cry for verification and obliged ... B)

Not to pile on, but I understood the sarcastic reference, and LOL'd

OK, I admit it, I'm piling on :D

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Screw you too, charsibb. ;)

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Any news on what the news conference was about from the big 12

Brett McMurphy â€@McMurphyCBS

RT @ChuckCarltonDMN: Neinas asked what he would do if Notre Dame called tomorrow asking to join. Neinas: "We'd accept the phone call"

Tomorrow? RT @kbohls: The Big 12 has not reached out to Florida State, Notre Dame or anyone; expansion talk is tabled "for near future."

The battle begins: Big 12 & SEC want top 4 ranked teams in playoff. Everyone else conference champs

RT @BlairKerkhoff: Neinas: "Big 12 in favor of 4 highest ranked teams by selection committee; strength of sked MUST be included"

Sorry FSU, Clemson, Louisville RT @Big12Conference: Neinas "The #Big12 Athletic Directors reaffirmed their commitment to 10 members."

Edited by CPR

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No!

That can't be true!

Read between the lines!

Expanison is inevitable because.

Just because.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

RT @ChuckCarltonDMN: Neinas asked what he would do if Notre Dame called tomorrow asking to join. Neinas: "We'd accept the phone call"

Tomorrow? RT @kbohls: The Big 12 has not reached out to Florida State, Notre Dame or anyone; expansion talk is tabled "for near future."

The battle begins: Big 12 & SEC want top 4 ranked teams in playoff. Everyone else conference champs

RT @BlairKerkhoff: Neinas: "Big 12 in favor of 4 highest ranked teams by selection committee; strength of sked MUST be included"

Sorry FSU, Clemson, Louisville RT @Big12Conference: Neinas "The #Big12 Athletic Directors reaffirmed their commitment to 10 members."

Conference Expansion Speak, 101. Limit liability, allow Bob Bowlsby to take the credit for his "vision" and wait until the playoff picture is settled. McMurphy missed this one, and he ain't exactly reading the tea leaves. I listened to the interview with Neinas in it's entirety, same place McDumbass listened. Nowhere did Neinas say they weren't expanding. There is a script these guys are all reading from. It's very carefully crafted, but nowhere did Neinas say the B12 wasn't expanding. When someone goes off script (see TCU Conte interview) they quickly retract in order to get back to the official non-statements.The fact that McClueless still is talking about UL as a B12 candidate, speaks to how far out of the loop he is. They have been done since ESPN assessed their media market months ago. As an ACC replacement possibility but, B12, no way. In the News conference, Neinas talked about how they had hired a consultant to evaluate the TCU and WVU moves last year. Exactly what I postulated last nite.

2) the consultants are in place so that neither party has legal liability, they are just doing a study to evaluate the potential for a fit(plausible deniability). Now since neither the conference nor the schools have engaged in these talks, neither has any liability for the approach and both can honestly and forthrightly say, " no conversations are taking place with the other party". Hence the entire main stream media game. That media channel is being exploited to dampen the rumor mill, while the talks are taking place.

This is how, Neinas get's to deny that any talks have taken place. I mean, does anyone on the planet, besides Joe, still believe these guys haven't explored this? Come on. It's a carefully constructed process, meant to elude all the shallow thinkers until it's completion. When reporters tried to pin Neinas down in the press conference today, he dodged and bobbed and weaved. Ali would have been proud.This guy is conducting multimillion dollar business transactions. Do you really think he can't elude a reporter's question if he likes? The difference between this and Ali is that there was only one heavyweight in that ring tonight, and it **** sure wasn't BM.

i'm not reading between the lines. I'm just listening to what these guys aren't saying. it's certainly more telling than that script they are reading from. Did anyone else listen to the press conference?

Hey man, I'm just passing along the tweets for people here. I'm not reading all that.

You know, something that's been left unsaid here, at least I think it has, is this.

The B12 could end all of this chatter with a simple 4 sentence press release. Goes something like this.

We are not going to add any teams past our current 10. We are not interested in FSU or Clemson as partners in the B12. We won't consider expansion candidates for "x" months, years or decades.

Ok, I did it in 3. If they wanted to quell what has become a media firestorm, and they aren't adding teams, where is the press release? Again, it's what they don't say.

Hey man, I'm just passing along the tweets for people here. I'm not reading all that.

Yeah that reading stuff is really kind of challenging. Kind of like going to a math class. 15 words is my limit man.

Edited by Bullwinkle

You know, something that's been left unsaid here, at least I think it has, is this.

The B12 could end all of this chatter with a simple 4 sentence press release. Goes something like this.

We are not going to add any teams past our current 10. We are not interested in FSU or Clemson as partners in the B12. We won't consider expansion candidates for "x" months, years or decades.

Ok, I did it in 3. If they wanted to quell what has become a media firestorm, and they aren't adding teams, where is the press release? Again, it's what they don't say.

Yeah that reading stuff is really kind of challenging. Kind of like going to a math class. 15 words is my limit man.

Right on

Right on

Hey,if you didn't read it, how did you know I was being critical of McMurphy's take on the press conference?

200px-Riddler-carrey.jpg

Riddle me that Batman. Whoops.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

TheAngryClemsonFan > BM ....