• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Could we get this thread back on track instead of a mudslinging contest?

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Could we get this thread back on track instead of a mudslinging contest?

I seriously doubt that. :popcorn:

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Nah, we got internet egos to defend bro!!!

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Jim Lamar of the Tallahassee Democrat is in Kansas City where B12 meeting are being held. Says that it's "pure coincidence" You know I stop through KC on the eve of the B12 meetings all the time myself. Kind of like when Deloss Dodds says they "are happy at 10 teams".

@saintwarrick @EricLuallen I'm here for the fruit in the beer. Pure coincidence that Big 12 meetings are going on while I'm here.

Oh, do I need a copy of his plane ticket to prove that he's really there? Add this it's epic

Site of Big 12 meetings also has National Assoc. of Extradition Officers mtg. If I go twitter silent, look for me in Mexico. Or Gitmo.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Jim Lamar of the Tallahassee Democrat is in Kansas City where B12 meeting are being held. Says that it's "pure coincidence" You know I stop through KC on the eve of the B12 meetings all the time myself. Kind of like when Deloss Dodds says they "are happy at 10 teams".

@saintwarrick @EricLuallen I'm here for the fruit in the beer. Pure coincidence that Big 12 meetings are going on while I'm here.

Oh, do I need a copy of his plane ticket to prove that he's really there?

What do you not understand about board members here agreeing that there is stuff going on behind the scenes between some ACC schools and the Big 12? I don't see anyone typing anything disputing that, it's getting annoying man.

What do you not understand about board members here agreeing that there is stuff going on behind the scenes between some ACC schools and the Big 12? I don't see anyone typing anything disputing that, it's getting annoying man.

Oh, you're all on the bandwagon, cool. You know, if it's getting annoying, just block it like I do to you 90% of the time. I mean I was informed this afternoon that Deloss Dodds had said the B12 was happy with 10 teams, certainly inferring that the B12 wasn't interested in talking to ACC teams. BW:DR Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Oh, you're all on the bandwagon, cool. You know, if it's getting annoying, just block it like I do to you 90% of the time. I mean I was informed this afternoon that Deloss Dodds had said the B12 was happy with 10 teams, certainly inferring that the B12 wasn't interested in talking to ACC teams. BW:DR

Of course he said that. What's he going to say "We're actively talking with FSU and Clemson about taking them from the ACC". I'm not jumping on any bandwagon and I agree teams will probably bolt from the ACC. It just hasn't happened yet and since it hasn't happened yet, there's a chance it might not. The point was you think it's a fact, which it isn't. It's whatever though, you're not going to get it. I'll be waiting for the cocky, sarcastic response. The funny thing is, I'm actually agreeing with you for the most part about the original premise.

I spent a lifetime conducting business transactions in what some call "mergers and acquisitions".. What has taken place here is how this had to happen.

1) either boosters from Big 12 schools or the boosters from the ACC schools in question(people with a LOT of money) hired consultants to evaluate the feasibility of changing conferences or receiving new conference members. This happened a while ago.

2) the consultants are in place so that neither party has legal liability, they are just doing a study to evaluate the potential for a fit(plausible deniability). Now since neither the conference nor the schools have engaged in these talks, neither has any liability for the approach and both can honestly and forthrightly say, " no conversations are taking place with the other party". Hence the entire main stream media game. That media channel is being exploited to dampen the rumor mill, while the talks are taking place.

3) At some point the parties decide that it is a great fit and that they should proceed. Trust me, the people, that are contracting the go-betweens are the "decision makers in the process"(see T. Boone Pickens). At this point quite a few people know what is going on. Rumors fly again, but with more detail.

4) At this point the parties decide to try to form an "agreement in principle" which will lay out the terms of such a move.After a few back and forths those terms are struck and everyone knows where they stand. At this point, it is, in my minds eye, a "done deal". Everything that remains is process.

5) The conference will meet in somewhere like Kansas City. The "consultants" will lay out a theoretical proposal which states that if two schools were to exit there conference would the conference member schools approve them as new members. All theoretical of course(plausible deniability). After a vote total that was already assessed by the "consultants" prior to it being taken, the members agree.

6) The "consultants" return to the schools in question and inform them, that if they exit their conference, they will be accepted under the terms of the feasibility study.

7)The schools BOTs meet and decide to exit their conference knowing full well what is available to them.

8) The schools petition the new conference for membership and are unanimously accepted(no matter the 1st vote total). Got to have that conference unity you know.

Now my premise is that the deal is done after #4. The real decision makers have weighed in and the deal is struck. Everything else is process. It takes a little while, and everyone denies everything, but the deal is struck. Tried not to be snarky, my sarcasm doesn't always translate online. Tomorrow, we move from #4 to #5.I guess my perception of a "done deal" and some of the other posters is different.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Let me go one record WON MOAR THYME for those who don't understand English and/or have virtual reality glasses on seemingly at all times:

FSU to the Big 12 MAY happen ... but there is a tendency by some on here to post things like they are breaking news, and about to happen in the next 10 minutes to 24 hours ... when they are actually far, FAR away from taking place.

I agree with Databull that they are probably on the phones or behind closed doors working out the legal details. That's not a stretch of the imagination. But to present this whole thing as a done deal is FAR from the truth when there are many, MANY issues that need to be worked out beforehand.

My point is not that FSU to the Big 12 WILL definitely happen, beyond all doubt. My point is that there is no question at all that serious negotiations are taking place, and sources inside of both FSU and the Big 12 believe it will happen.

And they aren't FAR away from taking place. Unless you consider July far away. ;)

So, is it that the negotiations that are taking place now will start in July, or that the negotiations that will start in July are actually taking place now? Hmmm...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Negotiations of this sort don't take hours or days, they take weeks and more often months. FSU has been talking to the Big 12...errr...intermediaries for several months. Things got serious when the ACC TV contract became know.

Incidentally, the B12 TV contract remains unsigned. Waiting to add/negotiate more teams?