• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Most of it is made up speculation.

Exactly. Last year the Big 12 was the conference that was going to blow up with teams going everywhere.

Yeah, and only eleven teams changed conferences.

Yeah, all that stuff last year was just rank speculation, OU and TX probably weren't really talking to the Pac 12 and MU and TAMU weren't really talking to the SEC and UConn wasn't telling everyone that would listen they wanted into the ACC, Louisville wasn't having senators call the B12 on their behalf, Pitt and Syracuse weren't negotiating behind the backs of their conference partners and WVU wasn't trying to get out out the BE anywhere they could get to. Thank God none of that happened. We are really glad it didn't because it would have really affected us.All that speculation was just that, thank god.

7905604-the-ostrich-has-buried-a-head-in-sand.jpg

Has any conference not named the WAC died? No?

The rumors are always so **** drastic and turn out to be the opposite. You know that is what I meant. Let's look at the ACC. We know FSU has wanted out, and are talking to the Big 12. We know Clemson has probably done the same. TCU's AD suggested Miami has too. Then there are the rumors with GT being approach.

The rest? All BS speculation.

There are ZERO reports that VT and NC State have talked to the SEC. There are ZERO reports that the SEC wants to expand.

There are ZERO reports that Virginia, UNC, Duke, and Wake have talked to the Big Ten. There are also ZERO reports that the Big Ten is looking to expand.

It was the SAME way last year with the Big 12 when people had Mizzou to the Big Ten. It was the same when they Kansas, Iowa State, and Kansas State to the Big East.

You keep saying it almost happened, but the reality is it didn't. Texas probably was playing the game to keep their power in the Big 12 and assure they didn't have to split revenue from the Longhorn Network with the rest of the league.. They stayed and got a sweet deal to do so.

That's my point. FSU and Clemson may move on as reports have suggested, but the ACC will stick around. Just as the Big 12 did.

I'll let you return to reading these doomsday scenerios on Twitter.

Well a week ago the FSU Clemson scenario was "rank speculation" too. Now wasn't it? oh, and it's spelled scenario.And No where did I suggest "doomsday" for any conference. I Have always( for 6 months now) that FSU leaving the ACC might create a window for USF to enter the ACC. Now with the terms of their TV deal out, I'm kind of glad we didn't get offered and jump. You know, I read probably 150 pages of text a day about this stuff, which range from locals newspapers to national media to Bloggers who are working really hard to mine sources and find out truths about these issues. It's mindless to dismiss all of that to "twitter doomsday scenerios" or rank speculation. A lot of what I read and research is from intelligent, careful and thoughtful individuals. But you want to wave that away with the sweep of a hand and call it unfounded because that weasel Brett McMurphy has gotten the story yet. I

Read that back to yourself...it's unfounded because NO ONE IS REPORTING IT.

It's all rumors of unknown origin.

Yeah all 622 articles indicate "no one is reporting it"

1. SEC/B12 pact a game-changer for ACC
    ‎

The Augusta Chronicle (blog) - 5 days ago
    In a week when speculation about Florida State and Clemson ... Bowl matchup with the Pac-12, the new SEC/B12 pact is a case of the rich and ... Big 12 - SEC announce championship game??‎ VTInsider.com (subscription)
    all 622 news articles » 6.jpg

ESPN

2. Report: Miami Has Informally Contacted the Big 12
    ‎

Miami New Times (blog) - 1 day ago
    Two sources have apparently said that Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and ... The alumni would never let Notre Dame go to the B12.

3. FSU prez makes case for remaining in the ACC
    ‎

NBCSports.com - May 14, 2012
    Also, in the B12 FSU can negotiate their own Tier 3 TV deal which would add even more revenue to the school. So you don't think an extra 5 to ... Blog: Forget it, FSU; Big 12 belongs to Texas‎ Florida Times-Union (blog)
    Big 12 Expansion Rumors Include Louisville, Florida State As Next ...‎ SB Nation
    FSU president addresses rumors of move to Big 12‎ News & Observer
    Tulsa World (blog) - MrSEC
    all 703 news articles » 6.jpg

NBCSports.com

4. Big 12 could potentially become a really big 12
    ‎

The Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines (blog) - 1 day ago
    Florida State should find Big 12 appealing. ... This would be a great addition for the B12. The number of miles between schools doesn't seem to ... 6.jpg

The Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines (blog)

5. Report: Big 12 still split on expansion
    ‎

NBCSports.com - 3 days ago
    I personally would like to see either FSU, ND, BYU, and Louisville .... A lot will be addressed at the B12 meeting at the end of this month and ... Last spring...‎ VTInsider.com (subscription)
    all 172 news articles » 6.jpg

CBSSports.com

6. Big East mailblog
    ‎

ESPN (blog) - 5 days ago
    Is it wrong of me to feel some joy that FSU might bolt the ACC for another conference? That way they ... BE (or ACC, or B12). Fans would love it ... 6.jpg

Lyndy's Sports Annuals

7. Jays' Lawrie suspended four games
    ‎

Boston.com - May 17, 2012
    Obituary, B12. ... FSU not discussed at ACC meeting ... But much of the outside attention lately has focused on Florida State and the rumblings ... 6.jpg

CBC.ca

8. SEC needed a partner ... even if it was a recent enemy
    ‎

al.com - 5 days ago
    The Sugar Bowl is the best site for this SEC/B12 matchup. ... I think if they joined the ACC that could potentially keep FSU on board and save ...

9. Big East mailblog
    ‎

ESPN (blog) - May 2, 2012
    Miami now has FSU (conference game) UF, USF and FAU in the .... simply means the Big Ten, SEC, Pac-12, B12, and ACC retain their AQ ... 6.jpg

ESPN

10. Things looking up for Big 12 as presidents reportedly agree to TV deal
    ‎

NBCSports.com - May 7, 2012
    FSU and Clemson, come on down… Watch out for more ... They get their way too often in the B12 to leave currently. coolhorn says: May 7, ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

‎

In a week when speculation about Florida State and Clemson ... Bowl matchup with the Pac-12, the new SEC/B12 pact is a case of the rich and ... Big 12 - SEC announce championship game??‎ VTInsider.com (subscription)

ESPN

‎

Two sources have apparently said that Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and ... The alumni would never let Notre Dame go to the B12.

‎

Also, in the B12 FSU can negotiate their own Tier 3 TV deal which would add even more revenue to the school. So you don't think an extra 5 to ... Blog: Forget it, FSU; Big 12 belongs to Texas‎ Florida Times-Union (blog)
    Big 12 Expansion Rumors Include Louisville, Florida State As Next ...‎ SB Nation

NBCSports.com

‎

Florida State should find Big 12 appealing. ... This would be a great addition for the B12. The number of miles between schools doesn't seem to ... 6.jpg

‎

I personally would like to see either FSU, ND, BYU, and Louisville .... A lot will be addressed at the B12 meeting at the end of this month and ... Last spring...‎ VTInsider.com (subscription)

CBSSports.com

6. Big East mailblog
    ‎

ESPN (blog) - 5 days ago
    Is it wrong of me to feel some joy that FSU might bolt the ACC for another conference? That way they ... BE (or ACC, or B12). Fans would love it ... 6.jpg

Lyndy's Sports Annuals

‎

Obituary, B12. ... FSU not discussed at ACC meeting ... But much of the outside attention lately has focused on Florida State and the rumblings ... 6.jpg

CBC.ca

‎

al.com - 5 days ago
    The Sugar Bowl is the best site for this SEC/B12 matchup. ... I think if they joined the ACC that could potentially keep FSU on board and save ...

9. Big East mailblog
    ‎

Miami now has FSU (conference game) UF, USF and FAU in the .... simply means the Big Ten, SEC, Pac-12, B12, and ACC retain their AQ ... 6.jpg

ESPN

‎

FSU and Clemson, come on down… Watch out for more ... They get their way too often in the B12 to leave currently. coolhorn says: May 7, ...

I highlighted in red and emboldened some key words in the headlines you posted above that seem to be getting ignored here.

I wonder if any of those same words were used in articles about WVU, TCU. Pitt, Syracuse, TAMU and MU just before they moved. Ya think?

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Social media has changed the dynamics of reporting. For these outlets it is more important to report first then it is to report accurately. Report it first and you will get traffic and exposure. We are only getting doses of the real story. Covering conference expansion is extremely difficult. I don't even think the ADs really know who is going where. Obviously there are major changes in the horizon. This form of media is all we got.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I wonder if any of those same words were used in articles about WVU, TCU. Pitt, Syracuse, TAMU and MU just before they moved. Ya think?

I don't think they were for Pitt & Cuse, that came out of nowhere and was pretty much a done deal as soon as it was reported. WVU thought they would be in the ACC or SEC before the B12 got them.

But that's not the point - all anyone is saying is right now, this is speculation stage. Most people are waiting for Point A to lead to Point B, but you've gone ahead and taken it to Point C and you are vehemently defensive about it. Why?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

you've gone ahead and taken it to Point C and you are vehemently defensive about it. Why?

I'm curious to this. It's like someone has been trying to be the bearer of the truth so they can go back and say they were the ones who predicted it or broke it first, and got defensive when people started asking for links.

All I know is I post long, drawn out scenarios myself, and they're purely speculation, but I love predicting different ways it will shake out. IF...IF......IF IF IF it shakes out. ha

Now the Texas AD is saying they aren't expanding, unless it's Notre Dame and Texas controls everything. This **** is stupid... I'm not going to pay attention to these rumors/blogs/ESPN/CBS articles anymore until something actually happens (or doesn't). This is my last one.

Per Brett: Texas AD not for expanding, but admits courting Notre Dame

http://www.cbssports...murphy/19124774

Have you actually read the article? McMurphy puts his "I missed this story" stamp on it while misquoting what Dodds actually said.

the title reads

Texas AD not for expanding, but admits courting Notre Dame

The text says

"I don't think it needs to expand," Dodds told CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd. "It certainly can expand because there will be people that will want to be a part of it. That's another good thing.".

heck, I don't need to go do down to the local pub and flirt with the girls there, but I sure like doing it. And....

"We could expand to some number," Dodds said. "You name the number -- 12, 14, 16. We could expand but the question is 'do we need to expand?' In my mind, 10 is perfect because you play everybody in football and there is a double-round-robin in basketball.

This directly contradicts what The Human BM says in the Title. Want to talk about irresponsible journalism, this is the ridiculous example that proves the point. You can't really be quoting BM to argue this point, can you?

Um, nothing you quoted there contradicts what Dodds said in the title. Title said he's not for expanding and what you quoted supports that .....

He says it twice in the same sentence "We could expand" . God almighty are you guys in denial??? And Dodds said absolutely nothing that was quoted in the title, that was pure McMurphy.

Obviously there were parts of the interview you must not have seen so I helped you a little bit. Not sure how much clearer Dodds could make it. I don't know if BM makes his own headlines but the headline is accurate about expansion.

I actually referenced those parts of the article in an earlier post. Just because he say we don't need to expand doesn't mean he isn't doing it. And again, Dodds is NOT quoted in the title, pure McMurphy.As well, he negates his need comment right away with, "we could expand" He is so obviously hedging and I am really sorry you guys can't see it.Even in the Title, Dodds for NOT expanding, but still trying to get ND to join. Maybe if i tell my GF, I'm not for cheating, but I am doing it anyway. Think that'll fly? Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Most of it is made up speculation.

Exactly. Last year the Big 12 was the conference that was going to blow up with teams going everywhere.

Yeah, and only eleven teams changed conferences.

Yeah, all that stuff last year was just rank speculation, OU and TX probably weren't really talking to the Pac 12 and MU and TAMU weren't really talking to the SEC and UConn wasn't telling everyone that would listen they wanted into the ACC, Louisville wasn't having senators call the B12 on their behalf, Pitt and Syracuse weren't negotiating behind the backs of their conference partners and WVU wasn't trying to get out out the BE anywhere they could get to. Thank God none of that happened. We are really glad it didn't because it would have really affected us.All that speculation was just that, thank god.

7905604-the-ostrich-has-buried-a-head-in-sand.jpg

Has any conference not named the WAC died? No?

The rumors are always so **** drastic and turn out to be the opposite. You know that is what I meant. Let's look at the ACC. We know FSU has wanted out, and are talking to the Big 12. We know Clemson has probably done the same. TCU's AD suggested Miami has too. Then there are the rumors with GT being approach.

The rest? All BS speculation.

There are ZERO reports that VT and NC State have talked to the SEC. There are ZERO reports that the SEC wants to expand.

There are ZERO reports that Virginia, UNC, Duke, and Wake have talked to the Big Ten. There are also ZERO reports that the Big Ten is looking to expand.

It was the SAME way last year with the Big 12 when people had Mizzou to the Big Ten. It was the same when they Kansas, Iowa State, and Kansas State to the Big East.

You keep saying it almost happened, but the reality is it didn't. Texas probably was playing the game to keep their power in the Big 12 and assure they didn't have to split revenue from the Longhorn Network with the rest of the league.. They stayed and got a sweet deal to do so.

That's my point. FSU and Clemson may move on as reports have suggested, but the ACC will stick around. Just as the Big 12 did.

I'll let you return to reading these doomsday scenerios on Twitter.

Well a week ago the FSU Clemson scenario was "rank speculation" too. Now wasn't it? oh, and it's spelled scenario.And No where did I suggest "doomsday" for any conference. I Have always( for 6 months now) that FSU leaving the ACC might create a window for USF to enter the ACC. Now with the terms of their TV deal out, I'm kind of glad we didn't get offered and jump. You know, I read probably 150 pages of text a day about this stuff, which range from locals newspapers to national media to Bloggers who are working really hard to mine sources and find out truths about these issues. It's mindless to dismiss all of that to "twitter doomsday scenerios" or rank speculation. A lot of what I read and research is from intelligent, careful and thoughtful individuals. But you want to wave that away with the sweep of a hand and call it unfounded because that weasel Brett McMurphy has gotten the story yet. I

Read that back to yourself...it's unfounded because NO ONE IS REPORTING IT.

It's all rumors of unknown origin.

‎

ESPN

‎

‎

NBCSports.com

‎

‎

CBSSports.com

6. Big East mailblog
    ‎

ESPN (blog) - 5 days ago

Lyndy's Sports Annuals

‎

CBC.ca

‎

al.com - 5 days ago

9. Big East mailblog
    ‎

ESPN

‎

**** near everything you linked is about FSU. WHICH THE SCHOOL HAS ALREADY PUBLICLY ADDRESSED.

Show me some tangible evidence, that is a link from a newsworthy source, that

(1) The SEC or Big Ten are considering expansion again.

(2) The SEC is considering Virginia Tech and NC State (as cited before)

(3) That the Big Ten is considering adding Virginia, UNC, Duke, and Wake

We know that FSU wants to go to the Big 12. I'm NOT denying that there isn't some truth there.

The rest is all speculation. Either in the form of a rumor that has spread like a wildfire around a message board, Twitter, and/or people mistaking reporters playing out some dream 16 team/4 conference scenerio in their heads as legit news.

The ONLY thing that has come to light is the TCU AD's statements that include Clemson (which has some legs) and Miami.

My point is not very hard to figure out, but you sure are making it Quantum Physics.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Bill, you don't have to get so angry every time someone posts something and doesn't necessarily agree with you, don't take it so personal. I think we can all agree that expansion might happen and FSU and Clemson might go to the B12. Other teams might go to the SEC, BIG whatever. It's just not a fact yet, that's all man. Thanks for those links, seems like that took a lot of time to post.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Same words they used before

(1) Texas and Oklahoma went to the Big 12. - http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5284375

(2) Missouri to the Big Ten, numerous times - http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/33508/warming-up-to-missouri-as-b1g-addition

(3) Texas to ACC - http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2011/09/14/texas-to-acc-something-tells-me-conference-being-used/

(4) FSU to the SEC last year - http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-08-12/sports/os-florida-state-sec-0812-20110812_1_acc-teams-orangebloods-com-sec

(5) Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State to Big East - http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-09-05/kansas-kansas-state-missouri-could-head-to-big-east-big-ten-courts-maryland

(6) BYU to Big 12 - http://www.forbes.com/sites/bleacherreport/2011/09/27/big-12-expansion-byu-may-already-have-an-offer-to-join-as-10th-member/

(7) WVU to SEC - http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2011/8/15/2365243/is-west-virginia-the-secs-number-14

I could throw several more rumors that were widespread on here.

I think my list more than backs up why I am, and everyone should be, skeptical about ANY conference expansion until it actually happens.