• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Question is whether anyone is one the phone to the ACC to put in a the word that we'd like to replace FSU if they do, in fact, leave the ACC.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Question is whether anyone is one the phone to the ACC to put in a the word that we'd like to replace FSU if they do, in fact, leave the ACC.

I am quite sure that those discussions have taken place. Whether the ACC is answering the phone yet is a different question.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I love this quote

John Swofford took over as commissioner of the ACC in 1997. At that time, the ACC had the richest media rights deal in college athletics and the crown jewel of the college sports world in many peoples opinion was the ACC Basketball tournament. 15 years later Swofford faces the fight of his life to keep his league relevant in a rapidly changing world of college athletics.

Change or Die!

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Lets say FSU, Clemson, UL and Miami to Big 12

Then VT and NC State to SEC

What happens to BE / ACC?

That scenario could never happen.... VTech can't split from Virginia and likewise, NCSU will never go anywhere without UNC, Wake and Duke.

Just so you know. I am quoting a Major Booster/ Alumni from VA Tech who told me this week:

" Tech can do whatever it wants. The reason they were joined with UVA last time was because Mark Warner(Gov at the time of last expansion debacle) was adamant that they stay be in the same conference as UVA". Make no mistake that VPI is exploring options as we speak and news may be coming soon from them.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

What's the number?

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

My understanding about a possible UVA/VT split is that both would have to remain in "viable" conferences, not necessarily the same one. VT to SEC and UVA to B10 would solve that.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

If college football ends up with post season championship determined by winner of winners of Big10/Pac and Big12/SEC games, how's it matter to USF if USF isn't in one of the four big athletic conferences? Won't mean much being in either Big East, ACC, or a conformed combo of the two.

I don't like what I'm hearing and reading so far about future of college football.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Neither the ACC nor the Big East is "viable" right now, but maybe a merger (Big Coast?) could be...

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Neither the ACC nor the Big East is "viable" right now, but maybe a merger (Big Coast?) could be...

A merger would be best

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I wish I could go back and pull some of the conversations from last year when most were declaring the Big 12 dead. Until I see all these schools jet, I won't believe it.

It looks like FSU and Clemson are probably gone, but until official word comes from anyone about any team it's still up in the air.

The ACC will survive.