• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next Year/USF Hoops

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Zach LeDay! â€@ZachLeDay3

Led the team in scoring with 16 but no MVP though it's cool just ready to ball out at USF! ��

I believe that All Star game he played in will air this Saturday, looking forward to seeing how he looked.

I remember he was scheduled to play in the Texas HS all-star game. I wasn't sure if he would actually go. Glad he went and performed well. Without even looking, that Oklahoma State player probably ended up as MVP. LeDay will get a chance to go up against him when we play them.

Actually it was the 6-8 kid, Jeff Raines that's going to Pepperdine, he scored 15 points. He might have been a crowd favorite or something. He suppose to have good athleticism so maybe he wowed them with some dunks.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982

LeDay might be the sleeper of this class and could get more PT then originally thought.

He certainly has performed well since giving a verbal to USF.

BTW, here is a link to the (audio) broadcast of the texas All-Star game. They usually archive them.

http://www.tsrnsport...-THSCA2011.html

Cool. I have that game DVR for midnight this Saturday. It suppose to air on Fox Sports Southwest.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

I'm excited about this coming up year. I purchased my season tickets today, first time season ticket holder. I couldn't believe how nice the Sun Dome looks!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I just checked the game rosters and that OSU commit didn't play.

http://thsca.pointstreaksites.com/files/uploaded_documents/386/Basketball_2012_3.pdf

LeDay was on the North team which lost. He actually scored 18, including two 3 pointers.

Lubbock Online â€@lubbockonline

Frenship's Rogers scored 10, but South routs North 124-93 in THSCA All-Star basketball game http://bit.ly/QQD136

Frenship's Rogers scored 10, but South routs North 124-93 in THSCA All-Star basketball game

Posted: July 30, 2012 - 10:01pm | Updated: July 30, 2012 - 11:09pm

By George Watson

A-J SPORTS EDITOR

Frenship's Rogers scored 10, but South routs North 124-93 in THSCA All-Star basketball game

George Watson

July 30, 2012 11:09 PM EDT

Copyright 2012 Lubbock Online. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

SAN ANTONIO — The tempo of the Texas High School Coaches All-Star game was fast-paced, just like Idalou head coach Tyler Helms likes.

But the sloppiness that tends to come with an all-star game seemed to hurt the Helms-coached North squad more as the South used a strong shooting effort in the second period to grab a huge lead and never look back for a 124-93 victory in St. Mary’s Bill Greehey Arena.

“We knew we were going to have to shoot the ball well and then try to keep them off the glass, and we didn’t do either of those in the first half,†Helms said. “We knew they had a height advantage, and the things we needed to do to stay in the game we didn’t do.â€

The game featured a pair of South Plains standouts on the North roster in Seminole guard Jarod Adams and Frenship guard Tyler Rogers, who was a late addition to the lineup.

Rogers had the better game of the two with 10 points, while Adams finished with five points.

“I feel blessed to be in a situation where I can squeeze in and help these guys and play a little basketball,†Rogers said. “I think their game plan when they saw me was to push the little white kid around a bit. But it was a lot of fun being able to play with these guys. You’ve got to play tough if you’re going to play with them.â€

Idalou forward Riley Payne was supposed to play in the game, reuniting with his high school coach one last time. But Payne suffered a sprained foot playing in a game at Trinity Christian last week, and his foot did not heal enough to allow him to play in the all-star game.

William Stinnett of Waco LaVega led all scorers with 25 points to earn South most valuable player honors. Shawn Prudhomme and Tauren Waller-Prince added 16 apiece, Connor Lammert added 14 and Quinn Taylor, Jeffrey Rodewall, Mitchell Badillo and Jason Gentry each had 11.

Jett Raines of Coppell was named the North MVP after scoring 15 points. Zach LeDay led the North with 18 points while Orion Stewart and Clarke Overlander chipped in 15 each.

Despite the blowout loss, Helms relished the opportunity to coach in the game.

“The experience this week was pretty unbelievable,†Helms said. “It’s a class act down here. The THSCA does a great job putting it on. I was joking with my assistants that you don’t realize how much goes into this until you’re down here going through it. These guys take it seriously and it was and it was awesome this week.â€

A dunk by Stewart and a 3-pointer from Overlander midway through the first gave the North its biggest lead at 15-11. But once the South got its 3-point shooting going, the tempo of the game increased greatly and the North struggled to keep up.

A jumper by Jordan Van De Kop gave the North its final lead at 28-27 less than 20 seconds into the second quarter. The South then went on a 14-0 run, getting a pair of 3-pointers from Gentry and one of Stinnett’s four first-half treys to grab a 41-28 lead. Gentry and Stinnett combined for 13 of the 14 points in the run.

Stewart tried to keep the North in the game, scoring two straight baskets as part of a 6-0 spurt that pulled the North to within 41-34 with 6:10 left in the quarter. But Stratton Williams capped a 7-0 run three minutes later that pushed the South lead to 53-37, and the South never led by fewer than double digits again.

Shortly afterward, however, Williams left the game when his right knee buckled on a drive to the basket, and he spent the rest of the game in a wheelchair next to the South bench.

The South outrebounded the North 32-22 in the first half and forced the North into 22 turnovers.

Raines led the North in the first half with 13 points and five rebounds while Overlander chipped in nine points.

Stinnett led all scorers with 16 points in the first two periods. Gentry hit three total 3-pointers in the first half to finish with 11 points while Baylor-bound Waller-Prince added 10 points despite picking up three early fouls.

TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL COACHES ASSOCIATION

ALL-STAR BASKETBALL GAME

at Bill Greehey Arena, San Antonio

NORTH — Reeves 1 0-0 3, Raines 5 5-5 15, Tabor 1 0-0 3, Rogers 4 2-2 10, Sutton 0 4-4 4, Adams 2 0-2 5, Overlander 5 0-0 15, Van De Kop 2 1-2 5, LeDay 7 2-2 18, Stewart 7 1-2 15. Totals 33 15-20 93.

SOUTH — Gentry 4 0-0 11, Badillo 4 3-3 11, Duenez 1 1-3 3, Rodewall 2 7-10 11, Prudhomme 7 1-1 16, Stinnett 10 1-1 25, Waller-Prince 6 3-5 16, Taylor 4 2-4 11, Ellwanger 0 0-0 0, Williams 0 0-0 0, Jordan 3 0-0 6, Lammert 7 0-0 14. Totals 48 18-27 124.

North 26 25 21 21 — 93

South 27 38 23 36 — 124

3-point goals: North 10 (Reeves, Tabor, Adams, Overlander 5, LeDay 2); South 10 (Gentry 3, Prudhomme, Stinnett 4, Waller-Prince, Taylor). Rebounds: North 43, South 48. Total fouls: North 16, South 13. Fouled out: South, Waller-Price. Technical fouls: none

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Rothstein picks us 6th.

Rothstein Files: Big East Offseason Notebook, Power Rankings And Players To Watch

July 30, 2012 8:51 AM

BIG EAST PRESEASON POWER RANKINGS

1. LOUISVILLE

THE SKINNY: This could be Rick Pitino’s best Cardinals team yet.

2. SYRACUSE

THE SKINNY: The Orange lost three starters and are still loaded.

3. CINCINNATI

THE SKINNY: The Bearcats will play faster without Yancy Gates.

4. NOTRE DAME

THE SKINNY: It feels weird seeing the Irish this high in the preseason.

5. MARQUETTE

THE SKINNY: Another year, another NCAA bid for Buzz Williams.

6. SOUTH FLORIDA

THE SKINNY: Musa Abdul-Aleem will drastically help the Bulls’ offense.

7. PITT

THE SKINNY: A strong influx of talent will ensure the Panthers return to the NCAA Tournament.

8. GEORGETOWN

THE SKINNY: Lanky forward Greg Whittington will make a major jump as a sophomore.

9. RUTGERS

THE SKINNY: The Scarlet Knights look like an 18-20 win team.

10. ST. JOHN’S

THE SKINNY: Steve Lavin is back and so is the Red Storm’s overall team depth.

11. UCONN

THE SKINNY: The Huskies can’t play in the postseason but their perimeter is still incredibly capable.

12. PROVIDENCE

THE SKINNY: Ricky Ledo could be the top individual talent in the conference.

13. VILLANOVA

THE SKINNY: Jayvaughn Pinkston is primed for a monster season but who’s going to help him?

14. SETON HALL

THE SKINNY: The Pirates’ point guard situation is still a bit of a mystery.

15. DEPAUL

THE SKINNY: The Blue Demons are improving but still have to shore things up defensively.

BIG EAST PRESEASON FIRST TEAM

Vincent Council, Providence

Sean Kilpatrick, Cincinnati

Cleveland Melvin, DePaul

Otto Porter, Georgetown

Gorgui Dieng, Louisville

BIG EAST PRESEASON PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Peyton Siva, Louisville

TEN THAT HAVE WAITED AND WILL MAKE AN INSTANT IMPACT

1. Musa Abdul-Aleem, South Florida (JUCO)

2. Shaquille Thomas, Cincinnati (red shirt)

3. Wally Judge, Rutgers (transfer)

4. Luke Hancock, Louisville (transfer)

5. Brian Oliver, Seton Hall (transfer)

6. Orlando Sanchez, St. John’s (JUCO)

7. Vincent Garrett, Rutgers (JUCO)

8. Garrick Sherman, Notre Dame (transfer)

9. Trevor Cooney, Syracuse (red shirt)

10. Titus Rubles, Cincinnati (JUCO)

TEN BREAKOUT PLAYERS

1. Michael Carter-Williams, Syracuse

2. Jerome Seagers, Rutgers

3. Greg Whittington, Georgetown

4. Jamil Wilson, Marquette

5. James Southerland, Syracuse

6. Wayne Blackshear, Louisville

7. Deandre Daniels, UCONN

8. Jayvaughn Pinkston, Villanova

9. Jamee Crockett, DePaul

10. Kevin Ware, Louisville

TEN FRESHMEN TO WATCH

1. JaKarr Sampson, St. John’s

2. Steven Adams, Pitt

3. Omar Calhoun, UCONN

4. D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, Georgetown

5. DaJuan Coleman, Syracuse

6. Ryan Arcidiacono, Villanova

7. Ricky Ledo, Providence

8. James Robinson, Pitt

9. Jerami Grant, Syracuse

10. Montrezl Harrell, Louisville

FIVE UNDER-THE-RADAR FRESHMEN

1. Zach Auguste, Notre Dame

2. Steve Taylor, Marquette

3. Stephen Domingo, Georgetown

4. Christian Jones, St. John’s

5. DeJuan Marrero, DePaul

http://newyork.cbslo...power-rankings/

We were just picked higher than Pitt, Georgetown, UConn and Villanova.

The Mayans were right.

name='outrunner' timestamp='1343709987' post='1038201']

Rothstein picks us 6th.

Rothstein Files: Big East Offseason Notebook, Power Rankings And Players To Watch

July 30, 2012 8:51 AM

BIG EAST PRESEASON POWER RANKINGS

1. LOUISVILLE

THE SKINNY: This could be Rick Pitino’s best Cardinals team yet.

2. SYRACUSE

THE SKINNY: The Orange lost three starters and are still loaded.

3. CINCINNATI

THE SKINNY: The Bearcats will play faster without Yancy Gates.

4. NOTRE DAME

THE SKINNY: It feels weird seeing the Irish this high in the preseason.

5. MARQUETTE

THE SKINNY: Another year, another NCAA bid for Buzz Williams.

6. SOUTH FLORIDA

THE SKINNY: Musa Abdul-Aleem will drastically help the Bulls’ offense.

7. PITT

THE SKINNY: A strong influx of talent will ensure the Panthers return to the NCAA Tournament.

8. GEORGETOWN

THE SKINNY: Lanky forward Greg Whittington will make a major jump as a sophomore.

9. RUTGERS

THE SKINNY: The Scarlet Knights look like an 18-20 win team.

10. ST. JOHN’S

THE SKINNY: Steve Lavin is back and so is the Red Storm’s overall team depth.

11. UCONN

THE SKINNY: The Huskies can’t play in the postseason but their perimeter is still incredibly capable.

12. PROVIDENCE

THE SKINNY: Ricky Ledo could be the top individual talent in the conference.

13. VILLANOVA

THE SKINNY: Jayvaughn Pinkston is primed for a monster season but who’s going to help him?

14. SETON HALL

THE SKINNY: The Pirates’ point guard situation is still a bit of a mystery.

15. DEPAUL

THE SKINNY: The Blue Demons are improving but still have to shore things up defensively.

BIG EAST PRESEASON FIRST TEAM

Vincent Council, Providence

Sean Kilpatrick, Cincinnati

Cleveland Melvin, DePaul

Otto Porter, Georgetown

Gorgui Dieng, Louisville

BIG EAST PRESEASON PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Peyton Siva, Louisville

TEN THAT HAVE WAITED AND WILL MAKE AN INSTANT IMPACT

1. Musa Abdul-Aleem, South Florida (JUCO)

2. Shaquille Thomas, Cincinnati (red shirt)

3. Wally Judge, Rutgers (transfer)

4. Luke Hancock, Louisville (transfer)

5. Brian Oliver, Seton Hall (transfer)

6. Orlando Sanchez, St. John’s (JUCO)

7. Vincent Garrett, Rutgers (JUCO)

8. Garrick Sherman, Notre Dame (transfer)

9. Trevor Cooney, Syracuse (red shirt)

10. Titus Rubles, Cincinnati (JUCO)

TEN BREAKOUT PLAYERS

1. Michael Carter-Williams, Syracuse

2. Jerome Seagers, Rutgers

3. Greg Whittington, Georgetown

4. Jamil Wilson, Marquette

5. James Southerland, Syracuse

6. Wayne Blackshear, Louisville

7. Deandre Daniels, UCONN

8. Jayvaughn Pinkston, Villanova

9. Jamee Crockett, DePaul

10. Kevin Ware, Louisville

TEN FRESHMEN TO WATCH

1. JaKarr Sampson, St. John’s

2. Steven Adams, Pitt

3. Omar Calhoun, UCONN

4. D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, Georgetown

5. DaJuan Coleman, Syracuse

6. Ryan Arcidiacono, Villanova

7. Ricky Ledo, Providence

8. James Robinson, Pitt

9. Jerami Grant, Syracuse

10. Montrezl Harrell, Louisville

FIVE UNDER-THE-RADAR FRESHMEN

1. Zach Auguste, Notre Dame

2. Steve Taylor, Marquette

3. Stephen Domingo, Georgetown

4. Christian Jones, St. John’s

5. DeJuan Marrero, DePaul

http://newyork.cbslo...power-rankings/

We were just picked higher than Pitt, Georgetown, UConn and Villanova.

The Mayans were right.

Ha! Ha! HA!

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055

I have been saying since he signed that MUSA would be the one new player besides OMO that this season will give this team what it needs to finish top 5 in the conference. I think he will replace everything that Anderson brought to the team last year and add 15pts a game.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Replace what anderson brought? from a guard position? that is quite a prediction. Anderson got all the tough rebounds. Musa may bring the energy and toughness, but if he rebounds the way Anderson did... he will be our MVP this year.

To me, Musa is a guy that should make an impact, but I'm looking for one of the bigs to step up. (Zach Leday and Waverly Austin)

Barring injuries, of course, we know what we have at PG. We know what we have in Rudd and Fitzpatrick. All 3 of those guys will be big parts of the offense and defense.

Which one of those bigs is going to be an offensive threat? both are offensive minded players. What about Kore White? I'm 50/50 on whether I think he'll be anything more than another big body off the bench (which don't get me wrong... is very beneficial... you need these type of players on the bench to make a good post season run)

I don't expect offense out of Omo. I expect rebounding and clogging the lane.

Poland needs to be an energizer bunny. He might have been the goat last year for a couple bad plays, but he was also electrifying and a big reason for our success.

X-factors? how much PT does Hawkins get? coach is raving about him. How about Brock? I admin I know almost nothing about him other than that he transferred in from a smaller school. What is his strengths/weaknesses?

One thing we have a ton of is depth... I've never seen this team in this type of shape. We have depth at every position. PG is still thin, but I have faith that between Collins and Aleem, we'll be set with ball handling. We have slashers and shooters, positions 1 to 4. We are very deep in the post, but who will start, who will be the go to guy down low?

I love what I see and can't wait to get answers to how this will all mesh together. The rest of the Big East knows we have a good team now... no one is going to take us lightly. Repeating that same result as last year will be incredibly difficult, but we have MORE in the cupboard now than ever before. :GoBulls::iconic_u_black:

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Along those lines, who is going to become the vocal leader of the team? Anderson was that guy last year who rallied the team. Will it be Fitzpatrick, Poland, or maybe even Collins

Along those lines, who is going to become the vocal leader of the team? Anderson was that guy last year who rallied the team. Will it be Fitzpatrick, Poland, or maybe even Collins

Collins has been dubbed "The General" by Heath. However, I don't think he is all that vocal.

Just a hunch, but I can see Waverly Austin taking charge at some point.