• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JoJo Kemp RB Deland

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

JoJo Commits

#Kentucky FL RB target JoJo Kemp has committed to #USF

and Brendan Sononne at OS

DeLand RB JoJo Kemp announced via Facebook that he has committed to USF.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Great. Hope he is OK.

JUNE 23, 2012

DeLand RB Kemp commits to USF at SuperBull

TAMPA -- USF's annual SuperBull gathering of top recruits produced a big commitment at a key position for 2013, with DeLand running back JoJo Kemp committing to play for Skip Holtz in 2013.

"What put them over the top is they have great academics," said Kemp, 5-foot-10 and 190 pounds, who said he chose USF over final choices West Virginia, Kentucky, Arizona State and Purdue. "I'm a football player, but I'm a person too, and I want to be successful not only in football, but in education. I know I'll get a good chance to play my freshman year. I'm ready to change the program. I don't want to maintain something. I want to make the program grow bigger."

It's another big Orlando-area commitment for the Bulls, who picked one up from Winter Park quarterback Asiantii Woulard last week. His primary recruiter will also be his position coach at USF -- Larry Scott. Kemp said that USF coach Skip Holtz was excited to get his commitment in person: "The conversation went well. He was jumping up and down. I kind of liked that. Holtz is old, so if he can jump without pulling anything, that was great."

Posted by Greg Auman at 6:00:54 pm on June 23, 2012

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/deland-rb-kemp-commits-usf-superbull

Article on Jojo, free from 247

RB Kemp commits at SuperBull

Deland (Fla.) three star running back JoJo Kemp has been high on the South Florida Bulls for a while. On Saturday night at Super Bull, Kemp made it official and committed to USF.

7_413913.jpg

"I committed to USF today," said Kemp. "This is where I felt home was. USF is on the top of the charts for me."

"I feel good, I feel relieved. Gotta bring my Bulls Swag," Kemp said with a laugh.

Kemp's relationship with the USF staff was the deciding factor.

"Coach Vaas, coach Fitch and coach Holtz care about me as a person and as a football player. They will help me succeed on and off the field."

"I kinda knew this was gonna happen, but I wanted to do the camp and do it in person. I didn't want to do it on the phone. I wanted to get all the coaches together and talk about the decision I'm making."

This is Kemp's final decision. He said he and Asiantii Woulard talked it over and Woulard told him that he should commit if he's solid and firm in his decision.

"We text all the time and I told Asiantii I'm solid in my choice and that's why I did it."

Bulls247 will have photos and video of JoJo Kemp later this weekend.

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Article/Deland-RB-JoJo-Kemp-makes-it-official-at-SuperBull-and-commits-78466

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

"The conversation went well. He was jumping up and down. I kind of liked that. Holtz is old, so if he can jump without pulling anything, that was great."

:roflmao:

"The conversation went well. He was jumping up and down. I kind of liked that. Holtz is old, so if he can jump without pulling anything, that was great."

:roflmao:

I know, I read that and cracked up. The guy is gonna be running some serious stairs when he get's to USF. Kid must have a great sense of humor.

Didn't Leavitt almost run off the road when he learned that another RB, Andre Hall, committed? I seem to remember somethimg like that. It may have been about Mike Ford.