• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

DeMarcus Holland decommitted???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I'm starting to wonder if Style of play is hurting us in recruiting. I already see teams that made the NCAAT get what appears to be a boost in recruiting but so far I can't find any new names associated with USF. The type of kids Heath likes to recruit aren't attracted to that ugly boring offense that USF ran over the last month or so. Heck our own players Rudd, Poland, and Robertson didn't enjoy it from reading their body language how they responded to Heath on the sidelines. We heard and read statements from Heath trying to defend his style of play to the media because he knows that the label USF had on them, as an unattractive team to watch, does indeed hurt recruiting.

We need a guy like Holland to come in and pull minutes from Collins which will make the team better. Nash really needed to play more at the SG spot this season. I think he is a guy that's about to get lost on the roster with the depth of SGs we are going to have.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm starting to wonder if Style of play is hurting us in recruiting. I already see teams that made the NCAAT get what appears to be a boost in recruiting but so far I can't find any new names associated with USF. The type of kids Heath likes to recruit aren't attracted to that ugly boring offense that USF ran over the last month or so. Heck our own players Rudd, Poland, and Robertson didn't enjoy it from reading their body language how they responded to Heath on the sidelines. We heard and read statements from Heath trying to defend his style of play to the media because he knows that the label USF had on them, as an unattractive team to watch, does indeed hurt recruiting.

We need a guy like Holland to come in and pull minutes from Collins which will make the team better. Nash really needed to play more at the SG spot this season. I think he is a guy that's about to get lost on the roster with the depth of SGs we are going to have.

I can see where recruits would think that USF won't properly prepare them for the NBA and therefore won't come here.

But it's not just recruits who are turned off by the slow-it-down-and-stress-defense that Heath coaches

It's also the media and fans. Fans will learn to enjoy it - but ONLY if the team is winning.

The media will NEVER love it, since it makes the casual fan change the channel.

If we want recruits, fans, AND media, we have to play up-tempo games - AND win them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

I can see where recruits would think that USF won't properly prepare them for the NBA and therefore won't come here.

If the most important criteria a recruit is choosing a school by is whether it will prepare them for the NBA, you may be right ... but there should be enough other, more grounded players out there to field teams like this year's on a semi-regular basis.

But it's not just recruits who are turned off by the slow-it-down-and-stress-defense that Heath coaches

It's also the media and fans. Fans will learn to enjoy it - but ONLY if the team is winning.

If we want recruits, fans, AND media, we have to play up-tempo games - AND win them.

First of all, **** the media. You're giving way too much credit to the Doug Gottliebs of the world. Up-tempo, down-tempo, sideways-tempo doesn't mean crap to the majority of the fans. It's all about winning. You're sadly mistaken if you think an up-tempo, losing team will keep our non-hardcore fans interested.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Can we get used to winning for a change before we start b$tching again?!?

• Topic Count:  485
  • Content Count:  12,421
  • Days Won:  25

Could it be because we only have 1 scholly for spring signing?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

Could it be because we only have 1 scholly for spring signing?

No ... it's because Stan's style sucks and nobody wants to play for him. :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I wouldn't say his style of play sucks it did get us into the 3rd round of the NCAA Tournament.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I wouldn't say his style of play sucks it did get us into the 3rd round of the NCAA Tournament.

He was being facetious. That's why he used the rolled eyes icon.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If the most important criteria a recruit is choosing a school by is whether it will prepare them for the NBA, you may be right ... but there should be enough other, more grounded players out there to field teams like this year's on a semi-regular basis.

First of all, **** the media. You're giving way too much credit to the Doug Gottliebs of the world. Up-tempo, down-tempo, sideways-tempo doesn't mean crap to the majority of the fans. It's all about winning. You're sadly mistaken if you think an up-tempo, losing team will keep our non-hardcore fans interested.

Never said that. But even a winning team that plays down-tempo won't draw anyone BUT hardcore Bulls fans. Which means no advertising. Which means more media piling on. Which means more Bulls fans in tinfoil helmets, LOL!

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

You do have to wonder what Heath has planned for that last scholly if Holland goes elsewhere. Does he have someone else in mind for 2012-13 this late in the game.....or will he just hang onto it for the following season. He has 2 commits for 2013 with only one more scholly left.