• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DeMarcus Holland decommitted???

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Holland couldn't have decommited ... I saw a picture of him signing with us!!!

That was LeDay, smarty pants. :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Drat ...

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Drat ...

yeah man get it right

Greg Auman †@gregauman

One USF commitment, Texas G DeMarcus Holland, has reopened his recruiting, but teammate Zach LeDay says he remains a firm Bulls commitment.

I don't know if Holland was a pg or not, but the black lining in the silver cloud known as AC is that it's going to be tough landing any type of middle to upper echelon point guard for a year or two ... unless USF miraculously becomes a feature destination in the near future where one won't mind not starting for a year or two or three ...

I don't know if Holland was a pg or not, but the black lining in the silver cloud known as AC is that it's going to be tough landing any type of middle to upper echelon point guard for a year or two ... unless USF miraculously becomes a feature destination in the near future where one won't mind not starting for a year or two or three ...

Greg Auman, on twitter, also made the same point that it might be more difficult for us to land another PG with a heralded Collins on the team.

In this particular case, I don't know if Collins was a big factor:

According to Eric Bossi of Rivals.com, Naaman Forest guard DeMarcus Holland has backed out of his commitment to USF overnight and is in the process setting up an official visit to the Texas Longhorns.

The 6'3" Holland has been excellent for the Rangers at point guard this season averaging 11.4 PTS/5.1 REB/4.1 AST/2.1 STL a game for NFHS who are making a deep run in the Texas state playoffs. With Texas already taking Holland's teammate Prince Ibeh, Rick Barnes' staff had plenty of time to evaluate DeMarcus and finally give him an offer.

While we can all make fun of Barnes' ability to actually coach a team and make quality late game decisions, Barnes is one of the best in the country in getting players to sign on the dotted line.

While I can hope that Stan would be able to keep DeMarcus, I would be shocked if Holland doesn't switch to the Longhorns. Most kids have wanted to play for Texas all their lives, and I can't fault him for that.

We will keep you guys updated with any new information when it comes.

http://www.voodoofive.com/2012/2/25/2823341/demarcus-holland-recruit-usf-texas-official-visit

There is a youtube video of Holland and his teammate Prince Ibeh being interviewed several months ago. At that time, Ibeh was an early signee to Texas and Holland was just starting to gain interest from schools.

Greg Auman, on twitter, also made the same point that it might be more difficult for us to land another PG with a heralded Collins on the team.

In this particular case, I don't know if Collins was a big factor:

According to Eric Bossi of Rivals.com, Naaman Forest guard DeMarcus Holland has backed out of his commitment to USF overnight and is in the process setting up an official visit to the Texas Longhorns.

The 6'3" Holland has been excellent for the Rangers at point guard this season averaging 11.4 PTS/5.1 REB/4.1 AST/2.1 STL a game for NFHS who are making a deep run in the Texas state playoffs. With Texas already taking Holland's teammate Prince Ibeh, Rick Barnes' staff had plenty of time to evaluate DeMarcus and finally give him an offer.

While we can all make fun of Barnes' ability to actually coach a team and make quality late game decisions, Barnes is one of the best in the country in getting players to sign on the dotted line.

While I can hope that Stan would be able to keep DeMarcus, I would be shocked if Holland doesn't switch to the Longhorns. Most Texas kids have wanted to play for Texas all their lives, and I can't fault him for that.

We will keep you guys updated with any new information when it comes.

http://www.voodoofiv...-official-visit

There is a youtube video of Holland and his teammate Prince Ibeh being interviewed several months ago. At that time, Ibeh was an early signee to Texas and Holland was just starting to gain interest from schools.

Those Voodoo boys need better editing .... Fixed it for them. :ph34r:

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but Nash has been battling injuries the last couple weeks and why his minutes are down....and not b/c he is in Heath's doghouse.

Trip, I noticed that omission at the time, and was thinking about Seth's comment about kids growing up wanting to play for a particular school.

I'm just thankful that UTexas didn't offer Collins (another Texas kid).

Trip, I noticed that omission at the time, and was thinking about Seth's comment about kids growing up wanting to play for a particular school.

Although the statement was pretty accurate, it was unneeded shot back at us .... "The decision to come here was an easy one," said Greenberg, who is 213-170 in 13 years of coaching, six at Long Beach State and the last seven at South Florida. "In South Florida, kids don't go to sleep dreaming about being Bulls. I think there's some kids that dream about being Hokies, though." In South Florida, kids don't go to sleep dreaming about being Bulls

That's why it was ironically hilarious that kids that probably did grow up dreaming of being a Hokie slipped through his fingers ... The Revenge of the Curry Brothers

Archived