• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

DeMarcus Holland decommitted???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

This article says he is still considering USF, but is leaning towards Texas:

The Rangers feature 6-11 center Prince Ibeh, who has signed with Texas, and 6-3 guard Demarcus Holland, who is weighing offers from Texas and South Florida....

Holland committed to South Florida, but changed his mind and now is leaning toward Texas, according to Clarkson. Holland averages 11.3 points, 4.7 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game.

"He's very good," German said. "He likes to penetrate. He can shoot. He can handle the ball very well. He's going to be a problem."

http://www.brazossports.com/basketball/Consol--Naaman-Forest-both-riding-big-wins-into-matchup--6998398

I noticed that Texas already has 5 commits for 2012. One of them is 4 star PG Javan Felix

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2012/texas-83

I also saw this comment, saying that he doesn't have a Texas offer:

Per Gerry Hamilton

Holland doesn’t have an offer, but Texas is recruiting him.

He’s a HS teammate of commit Prince Ibeh (Naaman Forest) and plays for the Dallas Mustangs AAU. Naaman Forest is still in the playoffs, so he’ll likely visit Texas after his team is eliminated.

Per his stats, it looks like dude is an across-the-box-score contributor, but can’t really shoot. Not highly rated by the services at all.

Frankly, with Lewis, McClellan, and Gibbs all freshmen, and Papa on the way, I have no earthly idea why Rick is recruiting him.

by jc25 on Feb 26, 2012 5:15 PM CST reply actions 1 recs

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2012/2/25/2824084/demarcus-holland-backs-off-commitment-to-usf-will-visit-texas

Interestingly, Rivals no longer shows Holland with a USF offer:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/basketball/recruiting/player-Demarcus-Holland-107286/print

We reported on Twitter that DeMarcus Holland would be visiting Texas this past weekend. Well he didn't make it to Texas this past weekend but a visit is in the near future from what I'm hearing.

http://metroplexhoops.com/AnnouncementRetrieve.aspx?ID=84340

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Good stuff, Mama. Hopefully, we can keep Holland in the fold. You can't have enough quality PG's in the event something were to happen to Collins.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

Seems to me like we're this kids backup plan.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Seems to me like we're this kids backup plan.

Well, hopefully it comes to that

Looks like he has four choices

Blurb taken From March 8, 2012 DMN article. I can't access entire article.

Naaman Forest adds to Garland ISD's basketball tradition

Close quote in context »

He didn’t start playing basketball until eighth grade, but "I got my first college offer before I ever played a varsity basketball game" he said. Ibeh, ranked by Rivals.com as the state’s eighth-best senior recruit, has signed with Texas.While Ibeh averages 8.5 points, 8.4 rebounds and 4.9 blocks, the post player has had a lot of help in getting Naaman Forest past the second round of the playoffs for the first time.The 6-3 Holland, who has offers from Texas, SMU, Fresno State and South Florida, has scored in double figures in every playoff game. Full Article at Dallas Morning News

• 2 weeks later...

Got this little blurb off google from an article yesterday. Make of it what you will:

“I just wanted to make sure I didn't rush anything and open it up for awhile so I'll be 100 percent on where I'll ... “No, I don't really have a leader,†said Holland.

"I followed USF through the post season and they did very well," said Holland.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Just thinking out loud....maybe he is concerned about minutes. He is a 6'-3" shooting guard. I haven't seen him listed as a PG anywhere.

Looking at our team next season.....we have one PG who is playing 30+ minutes a game. Then we have Nash, Brock, Poland, Hawkins, Abdul-aleem and Rudd (assuming he doesn't get drafted) playing the 2 and the 3. Sure Nash plays PG to spell Collins minutes....but that isn't his true position.

It almost appears to me.....Holland's recruitment and offer had more to do with trying to get team-mate Zach Leday than it actually had to do with getting Holland. Rivals no longer shows our offer to Holland....which makes me speculate that maybe we pulled the scholly once Holland reopened his commitment. We desparately need 3-4-5 size which LeDay provides.

I just wonder if we would hold that scholly to try and get another PF somewhere. Fitz will be gone after 2013....and Austin after 2014.

Just thinking out loud....maybe he is concerned about minutes. He is a 6'-3" shooting guard. I haven't seen him listed as a PG anywhere. Looking at our team next season.....we have one PG who is playing 30+ minutes a game. Then we have Nash, Brock, Poland, Hawkins, Abdul-aleem and Rudd (assuming he doesn't get drafted) playing the 2 and the 3. Sure Nash plays PG to spell Collins minutes....but that isn't his true position. It almost appears to me.....Holland's recruitment and offer had more to do with trying to get team-mate Zach Leday than it actually had to do with getting Holland. Rivals no longer shows our offer to Holland....which makes me speculate that maybe we pulled the scholly once Holland reopened his commitment. We desparately need 3-4-5 size which LeDay provides. I just wonder if we would hold that scholly to try and get another PF somewhere. Fitz will be gone after 2013....and Austin after 2014.

Holland gave us a verbal before LeDay did. I think Holland and LeDay play on the same AAU team, but go to different High Schools.

At LeDay's HS they seem to play a similar half court defensive game, and even though LeDay scores a lot, he probably would feel at home playing at USF.

Perhaps, Holland wasn't as comfortable with our style of play, after watching us during the season.

At this point, it's all speculation. He plans on visiting Texas in April, but he doesn' seem to have a leader. I don't know why he wouldn't visit there earlier.