• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PG/SG Sam Cassell Jr (USF very interested)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

The game's in Alexandria, which is in Virginia not Maryland, but I agree. No way he chose that venue to announce signing with USF.

If it was actually IN Maryland, I'd agree ... but maybe he's choosing there to announce us for that very reason .... He's not IN Maryland.

It's less then an hour drive from Alexandria to Baltimore and 6 minutes from the D.C. area. It will be a lot of Maryland fans there as usual, especially with their interest in the signed players participating in that game.

If that's the case, and fan support is playing any part in his decision, it's a slam dunk for Maryland ...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Gary Simpson †@gsimp83

“@TerrapinNation: Sam Cassell Jr definitely doing his best to keep the suspense alive....he's practicing today in a USF t shirt.†Pathetic.

Btw I think this is a sign that he committed back to Maryland. The tease is on USF here and just waiting for the announcement. If the unbelievable happened then Jr is one tough and cold S.O.B.

Edgar Walker †@Edgar_Walker

Basketball recruiting analyst for MD High (Rivals Network)...Hoop Group digital media, BSR staff writer.

Baltimore, MD

I'm hearing that Sam Cassell Jr will announce his commitment to Maryland at the Capital Classic, but as we saw earlier, anything's possible.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Gary Simpson †@gsimp83

“@TerrapinNation: Sam Cassell Jr definitely doing his best to keep the suspense alive....he's practicing today in a USF t shirt.†Pathetic.

Btw I think this is a sign that he committed back to Maryland. The tease is on USF here and just waiting for the announcement. If the unbelievable happened then Jr is one tough and cold S.O.B.

It would seem that way, except why would we then back off from Applewhite? Nash also did not announce he was transferring until after Cassell made his visit to USF. I wonder how much influence Casell Sr has on his decision. He was quick to announce that his son was not a Maryland commit and, so, couldn't have been that happy with his decision to go there in the first place.

Gary Simpson †@gsimp83

It would seem that way, except why would we then back off from Applewhite? Nash also did not announce he was transferring until after Cassell made his visit to USF. I wonder how much influence Casell Sr has on his decision. He was quick to announce that his son was not a Maryland commit and, so, couldn't have been that happy with his decision to go there in the first place.

I agree with you on the timing of those events happening. No it doesn't seem to make sense on USF part to separate from Nash and not continue to go after Applewhite w/o any assurance that Cassell Jr will not be a Bull.

However there are a few other angles to look at. I do not think Nash was going to be a part of this team going forward if he really wanted PT. Heath has already stated that Aleem can play PG so I expect to see that, Cassell Jr or not. According to Jr USF is actually recruiting him as a scorer first. There's also the 2013 class where USF is on some top PGs and maybe for 1 season Aleem can help out at the point good enough until a permanent solution is here. The backing off of Applewhite is the curious one IF we don't get Sam and Aleem has to expend his game into a PG role.

Also, if he was going to pick Maryland, why wouldn't he have worn a Pitt shirt in practice today? Pitt is a much bigger name in basketball than USF. Maryland beating out USF for a local player, is not a big deal at all.

Martino Brock brought up a good point to him today. :D

Martino Brock †@y_soserious_901

Florida women>>>>>>

Retweeted by Sam Cassell Jr

1:30 PM - 20 Apr 12 via Plume for Android

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Well here we go. He picks tomorrow. I was born about 9 blocks from TC Williams and lived a block from there in 1999-2001. Makes me feel lucky.

April 20, 2012

Rivals150 guard to announce Saturday

Phil Neary

USFBullsEYE.com

Notre Dame Prep (Mass.) guard Sam Cassell, Jr, who is considering USF, Maryland, and FSU, will announce his college destination on Saturday at the Capital Classic All Star Game at T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria.

Notre Dame Prep (Mass.) guard Sam Cassell, Jr., who has drawn headlines regarding the status of his commitment to Maryland, will play for the U.S. all-stars. The squad also includes Virginia recruits Mike Tobey of Blairstown, NJ and Evan Nolte of Alpharetta, Ga., and Virginia Tech recruit Montrezl Harrell of Hargrave Military Academy.

According to reports, Cassell, Jr., the son of Washington Wizards assistant Sam Cassell, decommitted from Maryland and is considering four schools, including the Terps.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/basketball-capital-classic-all-star-game-rosters/2012/04/02/gIQAvUrdrS_story.html