Vega

PG/SG Sam Cassell Jr (USF very interested)

147 posts in this topic

Yeah not much depth in the Ball Handling department. There would be Rudd......well that's it.

With Nash leaving....you really don't have anyone else to bring the ball up the court and run the offense. I can't say anything about Musa Abdul Aleem because I haven't seen him. Hopefully he is healthy.

But Noriega and McCloskey are spot up shooters who don't like to have the ball....except when shooting.

Poland, Hawkins and Brock either like to spot up or make plays off the dribble.....but I don't get the impression any of them have much experience playing the 1.

Perhaps, BJ comes in to help out at PG after FB season. I could see him still wanting to be part of the basketball team.

That could be a possibility ... One of the main reasons Stan was hesitant about using him was that he didn't want to be responsible if BJ seriously injured himself playing hoops .... even he was aware of the backup qb situation.

I wonder what Musa's twin brother Muhammad is doing. He played PG. Perhaps, he will walk-on.

I wonder what Musa's twin brother Muhammad is doing. He played PG. Perhaps, he will walk-on.

Pretty sure the equipment manager would not like that suggestion. :D

what's the highest minutes per game in ncaa history?

I think Collins tops it

what's the highest minutes per game in ncaa history?

I think Collins tops it

Collins got a decent amount of rest this year..

Didn't BJ play basketball during his true freshman year? Wouldn't that mean his clock for basketball ended this season?

Didn't BJ play basketball during his true freshman year? Wouldn't that mean his clock for basketball ended this season?

I think he would still have been entitled to take a redshirt year in BB. That would give him five years to compete.

It is a stretch saying that what he did while on the court even resembled basketball.

I wonder if Cassell is now regretting his decision.

http://espn.go.com/b...r-blow-to-terps

Why would he? More likely his minutes go nowhere but up now, right?

True he'll get more playing time, but his teamis now unlikely to go dancing.

Well USF was the better situation but Cassell Jr just wasn't going to leave his home area.

Luckily there is yet another PG who just became available and our coaching staff is very familiar with him.

P.J. Hardwick a PG out Houston, Tx has gotten his release from MSU and is looking for a new home. The Bulldogs beat out USF for Hardwick right before the early signing period. PJ has just visited North Texas and apparently Larry Brown is trying to get in on him.

Well USF was the better situation but Cassell Jr just wasn't going to leave his home area.

Luckily there is yet another PG who just became available and our coaching staff is very familiar with him.

P.J. Hardwick a PG out Houston, Tx has gotten his release from MSU and is looking for a new home. The Bulldogs beat out USF for Hardwick right before the early signing period. PJ has just visited North Texas and apparently Larry Brown is trying to get in on him.

Funny, Applewhite goes there and Hardwick leaves.

Here is his twitter account.

https://twitter.com/#!/PHardwick5