• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PG/SG Sam Cassell Jr (USF very interested)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Coincidentally, guard Sterling Gibbs, brother of ex-Pitt guard Ashton Gibbs, left Texas to make room for Holland. So, he could end up at Pitt and we could land Cassell. Funny, if all that happened.

Let's hope that happens or however it goes down USF needs Cassell Jr. Potentially he might be the single most important recruit Heath/staff has brought in since becoming USF head coach. Cassell would be right there with Collins in terms of what he can bring to this team. A shooter/scorer that can also handle the ball, who makes shots under pressure is huge and currently we lack that player since Jones left for the NBA.

Coach Skeets gets USF on the right players from his recruiting area but none have ever signed with USF. We all are pulling for that to finally change with a commitment from Cassell Jr next week.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Collins wasn't highly touted coming in. It just so happened that he blossomed when thrust into the position this year. I thought Crater, Nash, or Dority were going to be running the point at the conclusion of the 09-10 season. I hope we can seal the deal with Cassel, Jr., we can use another shooter to spell Fitzy. Noreiga isn't consistent enough.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Coincidentally, guard Sterling Gibbs, brother of ex-Pitt guard Ashton Gibbs, left Texas to make room for Holland. So, he could end up at Pitt and we could land Cassell. Funny, if all that happened.
Let's hope that happens or however it goes down USF needs Cassell Jr. Potentially he might be the single most important recruit Heath/staff has brought in since becoming USF head coach. Cassell would be right there with Collins in terms of what he can bring to this team. A shooter/scorer that can also handle the ball, who makes shots under pressure is huge and currently we lack that player since Jones left for the NBA. Coach Skeets gets USF on the right players from his recruiting area but none have ever signed with USF. We all are pulling for that to finally change with a commitment from Cassell Jr next week.

I hope that UF doesn't look to steal Skeets. I saw a tweet by some Maryland fan earlier today about that possibility and didn't think much of it, until I saw this today:

Kansas has hired University of Florida assistant Norm Roberts, bringing back a familiar face to join Bill Self’s staff.

This might help us in landing him over Pitt.

"Trey Zeigler transferring to Pitt I'm assuming they'll be crossed off the list [by Cassell], especially with the possibility that he won't have to sit out a year."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/historical-precedent-suggests-trey-zeigler-may-play-away-203818196.html?tw_p=twt

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Collins wasn't highly touted coming in. It just so happened that he blossomed when thrust into the position this year. I thought Crater, Nash, or Dority were going to be running the point at the conclusion of the 09-10 season. I hope we can seal the deal with Cassel, Jr., we can use another shooter to spell Fitzy. Noreiga isn't consistent enough.

amen, with another outside scoring threat this year we would have gone really deep.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Let's hope that happens or however it goes down USF needs Cassell Jr. Potentially he might be the single most important recruit Heath/staff has brought in since becoming USF head coach. Cassell would be right there with Collins in terms of what he can bring to this team. A shooter/scorer that can also handle the ball, who makes shots under pressure is huge and currently we lack that player since Jones left for the NBA. Coach Skeets gets USF on the right players from his recruiting area but none have ever signed with USF. We all are pulling for that to finally change with a commitment from Cassell Jr next week.

I hope that UF doesn't look to steal Skeets. I saw a tweet by some Maryland fan earlier today about that possibility and didn't think much of it, until I saw this today:

Kansas has hired University of Florida assistant Norm Roberts, bringing back a familiar face to join Bill Self’s staff.

I saw that and I'm still not worried about losing him to the UF at the moment. Skeeter's recruiting ties are in an area that UF doesn't care to recruit to my knowledge. The Baltimore area is where quite a lot of USF's recruiting budget is spent which is another reason why getting Cassell Jr is important. I'm not sure how much more time and money USF should spend in that area to always come up empty.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,477
  • Days Won:  422

The Baltimore area is where quite a lot of USF's recruiting budget is spent which is another reason why getting Cassell Jr is important. I'm not sure how much more time and money USF should spend in that area to always come up empty.

Isn't Omo from that area?

Chris Howard was also from Maryland and went to Notre Dame Prep just like Cassell.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1538526

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=5969307

The Baltimore area is where quite a lot of USF's recruiting budget is spent which is another reason why getting Cassell Jr is important. I'm not sure how much more time and money USF should spend in that area to always come up empty.
Isn't Omo from that area?

Nearby in Virginia.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=4705352

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

Cassell and AC would work well. He is much better than Holland. Sterling Gibbs is better than Holland, can not understand why he would leave for him. Sounds like there is a bit of over selling going on. SamC is a legitimate player. Collins although unheralded in HS was a legitimate player. He was good.