Vega

PG/SG Sam Cassell Jr (USF very interested)

147 posts in this topic

Musical chairs, meh.

Wake me on signing day...

Musical chairs, meh.

Wake me on signing day...

Speaking of transfers...

Greg Auman †@gregauman

Former USF guard Blake Nash says he has picked up offer from Arizona and will visit next week. Transferring for final two seasons.

I know zona isn't the same as its been, but that might be one of the first times someone has transferred away from USF and didn't downgrade (for men's hoops) (and we've been pretty low)

I know zona isn't the same as its been, but that might be one of the first times someone has transferred away from USF and didn't downgrade (for men's hoops) (and we've been pretty low)

LOL ... That's the exact same first thought I had when I read that. I can't remember any either.

Checked on Hardwick -- don't know that USF gave him more than a cursory look last year. MSU certainly didn't beat out USF. He and Collins know each other from Houston prep basketball scene. He's got SMU, TCU, UAB and North Texas on short list.

Hardwick commits to North Texas.

Just in case you were disappointed that we missed out on Sam Cassell Jr to Maryland.....doesn't look like it is going to work out for him.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/11/report-sam-cassell-jr-ineligible-at-maryland/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/terrapins-insider/post/sam-cassell-sr-disappointed-by-ncaas-ruling-on-his-son/2012/09/14/c0af7230-feab-11e1-b153-218509a954e1_blog.html

I saw a tweet suggesting maybe he would come here....but the way things go internally with our own review board....like with Waverly Austin....I tend to doubt Cassell would have any kind of a chance here.

Sr takes one look at the Austin experience here and there's no chance in Hell we're in the running ...

He took the JUCO route

Which means we'll have a chance at him in about 2 years.

He took the JUCO route

Which means we'll have a chance at him in about 2 years.

Not much of one, though ... He got screwed over by the NCAA over the transferring of grades. Opposing recruiters will have laminated copies of the Waverly Austin story to hand to the Cassells when the time comes.