• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

2013 Recruits

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Someone asked whether Coach Hargreaves' son would be the jewel of next year's class. Skip joked that there would probably be several in-home visits.

Geezus, why would someone ask that question and why did Skip respond to it, even jokingly, other than "I can't comment on players not signed yet" ??

Calm down. USF is not going to get in trouble for something like that. Skip handled that perfectly

I hope not, but it's really not that different than this - http://sports.yahoo....-215108639.html

so is it a recruiting violation that his dad is one of our coaches and he talks to him during dead periods?

13.1.2.2 General Exceptions. This regulation is not applicable to:

(a) Admissions Program. Of-campus recruiting contacts made by an institution’s regular admissions pro-

gram representative and directed at all prospective students including nonathletes.

( b ) Coach Who Is Prospective Student-Athlete’s Parent or Legal Guardian. Recruiting contact and

evaluation limitations do not apply to a coaching staf member who is the parent (or legal guardian) of a

participant in any activity being observed (e.g., practices, contests or camps), provided the attendance by

the coaching staf member at such activity does not involve any personal contact with any other partici-

pating prospective student-athlete. (Revised: 1/10/95, 1/14/97 efective 8/1/97)

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D112.pdf

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Someone asked whether Coach Hargreaves' son would be the jewel of next year's class. Skip joked that there would probably be several in-home visits.

Geezus, why would someone ask that question and why did Skip respond to it, even jokingly, other than "I can't comment on players not signed yet" ??

Calm down. USF is not going to get in trouble for something like that. Skip handled that perfectly

I hope not, but it's really not that different than this - http://sports.yahoo....-215108639.html

so is it a recruiting violation that his dad is one of our coaches and he talks to him during dead periods?

(a) Admissions Program. Of-campus recruiting contacts made by an institution’s regular admissions pro-

gram representative and directed at all prospective students including nonathletes.

( b ) Coach Who Is Prospective Student-Athlete’s Parent or Legal Guardian. Recruiting contact and

evaluation limitations do not apply to a coaching staf member who is the parent (or legal guardian) of a

participant in any activity being observed (e.g., practices, contests or camps), provided the attendance by

the coaching staf member at such activity does not involve any personal contact with any other partici-

http://www.ncaapubli...nloads/D112.pdf

i wasn't really being serious w/ the question.

i'm pretty sure it could be determined that holtz had a pre-existing relationship with hargreaves III since his dad has coached with him for some time (going all the way back to when holtz was at uconn).

It is a lot different than that. First Skip never mentioned anyone by name and second the recruit is the son of one of our coaches. He will in fact be getting in home visits on a daily basis.

Bottom line is our fans need to be more informed, knowing Skip can't comment on it, than to be asking a question like that ...

http://www.ncaapubli...nloads/D112.pdf

i wasn't really being serious w/ the question.

i'm pretty sure it could be determined that holtz had a pre-existing relationship with hargreaves III since his dad has coached with him for some time (going all the way back to when holtz was at uconn).

I was curious as to how the father-son thing was handled ...

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Just don't tell Shelly Smith. :D

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Wow...just wow...

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

You guys are taking that picture out of context.... ;)

• Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

lol i'm sure most of our players and most of the players in DIV I football has pics like that.

Does anybody see a problem with having that pic posted here?

Archived