• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

2013 Recruits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  203
  • Days Won:  0

Wouldn't mind seeing Darryl Richardson from Armwood spurn the Buckeyes and come here...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Plunge_normal.jpgnascyUSF Mike Nascarella All signs are now pointing to Demar Dorsey coming to USF with 3 years of eligibility. Source: Myself, reading that he's now at a JUCO in FL 10 minutes ago

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Plunge_normal.jpgnascyUSF Mike Nascarella All signs are now pointing to Demar Dorsey coming to USF with 3 years of eligibility. Source: Myself, reading that he's now at a JUCO in FL 10 minutes ago

Here's his 4 star profile before he signed with Eivals. Wonder if we could teach him to carry or run the ball :D

Yeah, a 60 yard punt return has no offensive impact. He is a soph for christ sake. let him mature. He is gonna have a breakout year. We have so many weapons now.

I don't care if it has offensive impact. It's not an offensive position. Was Kayvon on offense when he recovered the football and scored against ND? I'm pretty sure that had some offensive impact too.

He might have a breakout year, if he does, it's probably more of a testament to his supreme athletic ability. He has a lot less in the way of having a breakout year at CB than he does at WR. If Griffin/Dunkley/Davis stay healthy, he doesn't crack the 2 deep.

Guess I'll have to be content to agree with the coaching staff

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Hey Mama, do you know what happened to him at Michigan? And if he does sign with us, would he be eligible to play right away, or would he have to sit out the upcoming season?

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Guess I'll have to be content to agree with the coaching staff

You do that. They've shown themselves to be human (i.e. Not Perfect).

Holtz and Co. make mistakes, this will go down as one of the bigger failures IMO.

• Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

Someone asked whether Coach Hargreaves' son would be the jewel of next year's class. Skip joked that there would probably be several in-home visits.

Geezus, why would someone ask that question and why did Skip respond to it, even jokingly, other than "I can't comment on players not signed yet" ??

Calm down. USF is not going to get in trouble for something like that. Skip handled that perfectly

I hope not, but it's really not that different than this - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/did-espn-shelley-smith-help-lane-kiffin-commit-215108639.html

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hey Mama, do you know what happened to him at Michigan? And if he does sign with us, would he be eligible to play right away, or would he have to sit out the upcoming season?

I think he coldn't meet their academic standards or wasn't cleared by the NCAA.

According to this article, he would have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Attempts Tuesday by The Detroit News to reach Dorsey were unsuccessful, but Annese told The News he spoke to Dorsey this month and believes his former player moved to Fort Lauderdale and will take classes this winter at a junior college in the area.

"I don't know what he's got set up," Annese said. "I know there's some talk of other options, I just don't know where."

Annese said Dorsey, with three years of athletic eligibility, would likely need to take more junior college classes this winter to be academically eligible to play at a Division I school next fall.

"Yeah, he's on the right track," Annese said of Dorsey. "It's just a matter of him being diligent. He's a good kid and played well."

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120110/SPORTS0201/201100427

• Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Someone asked whether Coach Hargreaves' son would be the jewel of next year's class. Skip joked that there would probably be several in-home visits.

Geezus, why would someone ask that question and why did Skip respond to it, even jokingly, other than "I can't comment on players not signed yet" ??

Calm down. USF is not going to get in trouble for something like that. Skip handled that perfectly

I hope not, but it's really not that different than this - http://sports.yahoo....-215108639.html

so is it a recruiting violation that his dad is one of our coaches and he talks to him during dead periods?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I hope not, but it's really not that different than this - http://sports.yahoo....-215108639.html

It is a lot different than that. First Skip never mentioned anyone by name and second the recruit is the son of one of our coaches. He will in fact be getting in home visits on a daily basis.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

so is it a recruiting violation that his dad is one of our coaches and he talks to him during dead periods?

His dad shouldn't actively "recruit" him as a coach during those periods, but he can talk with him as a father to make the right decision for himself.

Archived