• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2013 Recruits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Alright, only 365 more days until signing day. Who are our top targets outside of Asiantii Woulard?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Woulard and Hargreaves.

Kevin Olsen (QB) is a big one. It's odd that Woulard and Olsen are opposite QB's though basically...how do you recruit that way? You're either a spread system or a pro set. See Brantley at UF for an example of fitting a square peg in a round hole.

We're lucky Harvgreaves dad is here otherwise, I don't think we'd have a shot.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

My analysis of who we'll have on roster after the 2012-13 season at our weakest spots (QB, RB, LB, CB):

• QB: Eveld, Floyd. There's no obvious starter. Insufficient depth.
  • RB: Battles, Davis, Shaw, Pierre. Again, no obvious stater, but a lot of talent. E.g. People forget that Battles was ranked higher than Tavon Austin out of high school. Hopefully one establishes themselves as a clear #2 (or even #1) to Murray this year. Needs depth.
  • LB: Lattimore, Pozniak, Louis, Cliett, Caprice, Whitehurst. We probably have enough for a 2 deep. Really scary with starting MLB spot though, do we switch over Dede?
  • CB: Durden, Garye, Tabuteau, Bivins, Montgomery, McCall. We lose both of our probable starters and are basically a lot of guys who have next to zero experience in D1 football. I'm personally terrified here and QB most. (Gee switching T-Rex was so freaking genius.)

Most of the above probably should've been addressed THIS season, with the exception of maybe RB. I guess we did cover CB with Bivins and the JUCO's but QB and LB were major whiffs.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

940583.jpg

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

My analysis of who we'll have on roster after the 2012-13 season at our weakest spots (QB, RB, LB, CB):

• RB: Battles, Davis, Shaw, Pierre. Again, no obvious stater, but a lot of talent. E.g. People forget that Battles was ranked higher than Tavon Austin out of high school. Hopefully one establishes themselves as a clear #2 (or even #1) to Murray this year. Needs depth.
  • LB: Lattimore, Pozniak, Louis, Cliett, Caprice, Whitehurst. We probably have enough for a 2 deep. Really scary with starting MLB spot though, do we switch over Dede?
  • CB: Durden, Garye, Tabuteau, Bivins, Montgomery, McCall. We lose both of our probable starters and are basically a lot of guys who have next to zero experience in D1 football. I'm personally terrified here and QB most. (Gee switching T-Rex was so freaking genius.)

Most of the above probably should've been addressed THIS season, with the exception of maybe RB. I guess we did cover CB with Bivins and the JUCO's but QB and LB were major whiffs.

Yeah I would have loved that TREX vs, Floyd matchup to start last season. TREX would have been giving up a foot and about 200 yds.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

^ As opposed to doing nothing on offense.

Thought he excelled at Punt returns and he has a lot of time left to make a real impact on Offense. That problem is Fitch not where he is playing.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

It would be a great NSD when USF gets more than 1 5-star recruit.

• Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Great assessment The Great 8

Archived