• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Highly Recommended for those that enjoy a good ale

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I'm a big fan of belgians, and brew my own. I've got a cherry dubbel that I'll be sending into the national competition this year, under the advisement of several of my peers that tried it. I had a buddy that recently was in Europe, and he shipped me back a case of belgians that aren't available in the US, things like Westvleteren. My wife's younger brother and I typically spend the Xmas holiday drinking as many different belgians as we can get our hands on, and this year's selection was much larger because of that case of unavailable beers.

Haven't tried the Blue Moon version, guess I'll have to pick a sixer up. if you haven't tried it yet, make sure to grab some St. Bernardus Christmas ALe, only available for a short time, but always one of the season's best.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

blue+moon+abbey.jpg

• Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

Another good ALE is Fosters Premium.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Poor beer selection in this thread so far :(

Received my end of a beer trade today:

5ppukw.jpg

Left to Right:

Troegs Javahead Stout

Great Lakes Brewing Nosferatu Red Ale

Three Heads Brewing The Kind IPA

Ithaca Beer Company Excelsior Series Alphalpha Double Ipa

Ithaca Beer Company Flower Power IPA

Ithaca Beer Company Excelsior Series White Gold Pale Wheat Ale

Lake Placid Craft Brewing Ubu Ale Red Ale

Ithaca Beer Company Cascazilla Red Ale

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Anyone ever tried Old Stock Ale? Let it sit for about a year in your fridge, after a couple of months or so, it increases 1% of ABV every month. Buddy of mine popped one open for us to try a while ago - wow.

Anyone ever tried Old Stock Ale? Let it sit for about a year in your fridge, after a couple of months or so, it increases 1% of ABV every month. Buddy of mine popped one open for us to try a while ago - wow.

Old Stock Ale by Redbrick? If So I haven't tried it yet but as far as I know aging beers doesn't raise the ABV but it does indeed cause some flavors to become more prevalent while others may fade. For example very hoppy beers do tend to lose quite a bit of their hoppyness as they age and styles such as IPA's and Imperial IPA's should be drank as fresh as possible. I have a ton of stouts and bourban barrell aged stouts aging right now and those beers tend to change for the better over time.

Edited by Bull Dozer

Here's a great resource and community for all beer lovers beeradvocate.com This place has everything from beer reviews, rankings, definition of styles, matching beer to glassware, and a ton of really informative information on the forums and various articles.

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

One I tried recently was Banana Bread. I thought it was going to be terrible, but it was actually very good.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

I'm a big fan of belgians, and brew my own. I've got a cherry dubbel that I'll be sending into the national competition this year, under the advisement of several of my peers that tried it. I had a buddy that recently was in Europe, and he shipped me back a case of belgians that aren't available in the US, things like Westvleteren. My wife's younger brother and I typically spend the Xmas holiday drinking as many different belgians as we can get our hands on, and this year's selection was much larger because of that case of unavailable beers.

Haven't tried the Blue Moon version, guess I'll have to pick a sixer up. if you haven't tried it yet, make sure to grab some St. Bernardus Christmas ALe, only available for a short time, but always one of the season's best.

Mike, I knew you had some good qualities [ :) ] I brew my own as well and I have a Belgian ale that I brew that is similar to La Chouffe.

My favorite beer right now is Flying Dog Ragging ***** IPA (they use a Belgian Yeast that really makes it great).

Mmmmm La Couffe, their Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA Tripel is GODLY. I'm currently sipping on a Ommegang BPA.