• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alvin Bailey, ATH, Armwood HS, Seffner, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

That's a "decent" time. I'm surprised they beat Hillsborough with it, because they usually have better sprint runners.

Relays

If you watched one Armwood football game last fall, then the sleek components of the Hawks’ 4x100-meter team — Leon McQuay, Wade Edwards, Kaylaun Edwards and Alvin Bailey — should look familiar. The group recorded a season-best time (43.36) in the preliminaries of the recent Charles Johnson Invitational then edged Hillsborough by two-tenths of a second in the final. Bailey’s the anchor — the same role he played for the football team in 2011.

Flashback:

Hopkins, Webster, Griffin and one other guy (who wanted to come to USF as a walk-on in track) set the NATIONAL HS record for their senior year wih a time of 40.54.

pace4x1-2.jpg

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?/topic/59086-t-f-updates-on-usf-football-signees/page__st__20

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I'm willing to recruit FL class track athletes as opposed to world class track athletes if they have 5 star skills in FB. speed ain't everything. i was just pointing out that they were burners. Glad to see they were competing and winning in another sport. Mostly glad to see that they were teammates on the track team, because we are recruiting both of them.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I didn't understand the point you were trying to make with your short post about them.

My post was more about them as teammates in the relay., than in a time. I think that that relationship is part of something that we want to capitalize on. L3, Rich Boy(Benjamin) , Vernon Hargreaves III and Alvin Bailey are all in play and looking hard at USF. They may split up and go wide but I think they are all seriously thinking about staying home as a cornerstone to the future of USF. The reason I brought up the track article, was because of the emphasis on their relationship, not how fast they ran.

• 2 weeks later...

And another FL assumption

IMG Madden 7-on-7 Notebook II03/26/2012

It's well known that the state of Florida showcases some of the top talent in the nation. This weekend at the IMG Madden 7 on 7 tournament in Bradenton, Florida was a stage for a lot of talented prospects around the sunshine state. Many of the prized prospects out there were on the radar of the University of Florida.

Scout claims Bailey love for USF. This is getting really interesting. I would love to see an early commit from Alvin. He could be one of the Tampa dominoes.

WR Bailey very interested in Home town Bulls

Armwood standout wide receiver Alvin Bailey competed with Team Tampa at the IMG Madden 7on7 event this past weekend, and impressed on both sides of the ball, helping take Team Tampa to the title game. The 5'11, 175 pound prospect has 18 offers, but has several schools he very interested in. Bailey talks about his recruitment, who's sticking out, his spring visit plans and more."

Edited by Bullwinkle

Article talking about Alvin and Asiantii

March 25, 2012

Steve Berrey

MG Madden 7-on-7 Day 1 review IMG Madden Gator notebook

South Florida Express Elite won the IMG Madden 7-on-7 Southeast Regional qualifier at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., with an impressive 25-7 victory over Team Tampa.

But it was a critical rally and last-minute score in a quarter-final game that kept its title hopes alive.

spacer1.gif1226859.jpgspacer1.gifOshay Carter and Red Zone got to the five yard line against SFE Elite, but could not punch it in for the win.

Needing a critical stop - with Jacksonville-based Red Zone leading 23-21 and 45 seconds reamining, SFE Elite came up with the defensive play on third down from the five. Those two points tied the game at 23.SFE Elite quarterback Akeem Jones (Carol City) connected with Dionte Taylor with 19 seconds left, for a 22 yard touchdown - and gave SFE Elite a 30-23 win.

"Big time players make big time plays," Jones said after the semi-final win that put SFE Elite into winner's bracket finals against Tampa (a 24-5 winner over Pro Impact). "I put the team on my back and felt like I had to bring it home"

Red Zone came closer to beating SFE Elite than anyone until the team matched up with Tampa.

Again Jones was nearly flawless in leading his team to a 19-17 win in the winner's bracket final, forcing Tampa to play Central Florida Top Recruits, to advance to the finals.

Beat them they did, as Alvin Bailey gave Tampa a 10-9 lead they would never relinquish with an interception. Pete Dinovo capped the game with a touchdown to Artavis Scott giving Tampa a 16-9 lead - then another interception of Central Florida QB Asiantii Woulard - this time by Jordan Sherit and another Bailey TD put the game away.

1226857.jpgspacer1.gifspacer1.gifAsiantii Woulard of Winter Park led Central Florida Top Recruits to a third-place finish.

In the championship game, Both teams traded touchdowns early and Tampa led 7-6 after Dinovo hooked up with Travis Johnson. SFE came right back, taking a 14-7 lead and adding to it with a defensive start to take a 16-7 lead it would never relinquish.

Jones was named the tournament's MVP after rallying the Elite team to the title. Four teams advanced to the national IMG 7-on-7 Finals in June, also to be held in Bradenton.

Top Recruits nearly advanced through the losers bracket by knocking off Team 239 and Red Zone. Team 239 (from Fort Myers) advances to the IMG Madden 7-on-7 National Field by finishing fourth. Team 239 was led by Kurt Benkert, who transferred from Cape Coral to Island Coast

http://usf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1347289

a view from the Swamp

Seffner (Fla.) Armwood athlete Alvin Bailey was one of the top performers at the IMG Madden Southeast Regional Qualifier in Bradenton over the weekend. / Gator Country photo by Tim Casey

BRADENTON – Even after missing the first day of play for Team Tampa at the IMG Madden 7-on-7 Southeast Regional Qualifier in Bradenton on Saturday, Alvin Bailey showed up on Sunday and immediately established himself as one of the top players on the field. This, of course, should come as no surprise considering Bailey spearheaded a run by Seffner (Fla.) Armwood to the FHSAA Class 6A state championship

BaileyAlvin_111202_5127_TCasey.jpg

Edited by Bullwinkle

The home boys blister the track once again. Carved a second and a half off earlier meet times. Sick

Alvin Bailey, Wade Edwards III, Leon McQuay III and Keylaun Edwards set a new Armwood school record turning in a 41.89 in the 4x100 dash to win the county crown.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/sports/article.html/content/news/articles/bhsn/2012/4/4/track_plant_sweeps_v/

• 4 weeks later...

Nice interview with Bailey. Really starting to like him as a person, from what I've heard. He might fit in well

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7866671