Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reliable Source

Alvin Bailey, ATH, Armwood HS, Seffner, FL(2013)

50 posts in this topic

Vandy has been kicking butt on recruiting.

Did he commit or did USF just offer? I thought Twitterverse said he committed to us.

I love that Alvin loves USF, wants to stay close to home and really likes the program. Building the Wall.

I love that Alvin loves USF, wants to stay close to home and really likes the program. Building the Wall.

I'll agree with you IF he commits. Receiving verbals from 2 wide receivers today won't help our chances with him. They're both very solid commits though.

I'll agree with you IF he commits. Receiving verbals from 2 wide receivers today won't help our chances with him. They're both very solid commits though.

I think shoe is now squarely on OUR foot. With Dunkley, D'Vo and MacFarland coming in now, my thought is this. If Alvin wants to be a Bull those spots are scarce at WR. He needs to commit. like tomorrow if he wants in. Don't get me wrong , I think he is an elite athlete with All American skills, but he needs to come on board to carve out that schollie. Skip will honor that commitment, proven time and time again,.If he eants to go elsewhere, God Bless Him and keep on looking. USF is recruiting some of the best receivers in the country right now and 2013 will be our RB and QB recruiting season. I can't even express how proud I am in the direction of our program right now.

I'm kind of getting a little misty.

Edited by Bullwinkle

Missed this article a few weeks back.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7602052/alvin-bailey-always-seems-step-big-situations

The Gators haven't offered Bailey a scholarship yet but they remain in contact with each other. Meanwhile, Notre Dame, South Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, UCF, Illinois and Mississippi State are the programs that have offered.

Bailey recently attended South Florida's junior day and was scheduled to see Florida but was not able to make it.

"I really liked South Florida and they would probably be in my top five right now," Bailey said. "Some of the guys from this area have stayed home and it's worked out."

That's a "decent" time. I'm surprised they beat Hillsborough with it, because they usually have better sprint runners.

Relays

If you watched one Armwood football game last fall, then the sleek components of the Hawks’ 4x100-meter team — Leon McQuay, Wade Edwards, Kaylaun Edwards and Alvin Bailey — should look familiar. The group recorded a season-best time (43.36) in the preliminaries of the recent Charles Johnson Invitational then edged Hillsborough by two-tenths of a second in the final. Bailey’s the anchor — the same role he played for the football team in 2011.

Flashback:

Hopkins, Webster, Griffin and one other guy (who wanted to come to USF as a walk-on in track) set the NATIONAL HS record for their senior year wih a time of 40.54.

pace4x1-2.jpg

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?/topic/59086-t-f-updates-on-usf-football-signees/page__st__20

I'm willing to recruit FL class track athletes as opposed to world class track athletes if they have 5 star skills in FB. speed ain't everything. i was just pointing out that they were burners. Glad to see they were competing and winning in another sport. Mostly glad to see that they were teammates on the track team, because we are recruiting both of them.

I didn't understand the point you were trying to make with your short post about them.

My post was more about them as teammates in the relay., than in a time. I think that that relationship is part of something that we want to capitalize on. L3, Rich Boy(Benjamin) , Vernon Hargreaves III and Alvin Bailey are all in play and looking hard at USF. They may split up and go wide but I think they are all seriously thinking about staying home as a cornerstone to the future of USF. The reason I brought up the track article, was because of the emphasis on their relationship, not how fast they ran.

And another FL assumption

IMG Madden 7-on-7 Notebook II03/26/2012

It's well known that the state of Florida showcases some of the top talent in the nation. This weekend at the IMG Madden 7 on 7 tournament in Bradenton, Florida was a stage for a lot of talented prospects around the sunshine state. Many of the prized prospects out there were on the radar of the University of Florida.