• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

John Egbunu C / Drew Davis PG, Eagles Landing HS, McDonough GA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe it's better he's not 7 ft. At 6-9 or 6-10, sets with him and OMOG in the game at once are much more realistic.

Plus, we will also have at the same time 6'11 Waverly Austin. That should be very intresting.

I don't know...having Omog and Bunu on the floor at the same time will hurt the offense since neither can shoot outside the paint. Yes it will be interesting.

How is JB's shot? Is it that bad? His body type looks more like a Ibaka type and could learn to play a little bit of the 4 to get some more PT. He looks more long and athletic than OMOG's. I'm very curious to see a bit more film on him from this camp.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

P.S. Please stay with the flow Triple B, there's plenty of times in the future when you and I can get into a silly off topic squabble. Everybody knows why USF had to offer Davis a D1 scholarship.

This isn't a silly off topic squabble at all. It was made on-topic with the talking about the wasting of a scholarship on Davis. It could be Egbunu's contribution to the program that determines whether Davis' scholarship was warranted or not ...

A good debate for you to start is will Egbunu move up to 5-star status while committed to USF?

I would be stunned ....

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

8h image_normal.jpg Chas Wolfe â€@highmajorscoop

Top Rebounders from the Session 4 games @Top100Camp Junior Etou-10rbs Jordan Bell-8 Vonleh-7 Kingsley-7 Looney-7 Woodson-7 Egbunu-7

11:29 PM - 15 Jun 12 via Twitter for iPhone

8h DownloadedFile_normal.jpeg Ryan Mattocks â€@coachmattocks

Emerging big man JOHN EGBUNU boxed out the 7'5 mammoth of a human being MAMADOU N'DIAYE from whistle to whistle. Pleasure to watch. #top100

11:27 PM - 15 Jun 12 via web

"Quote

Vega: A good debate for you to start is will Egbunu move up to 5-star status while committed to USF?

Triple: I would be stunned ..."

I don't know how many BB players end up with 5 stars.

Of the more than 100 players`at this elite camp, Clark Francis of Hoop Scoop now has Egbunu ranked #12 overall and #3 center.

If that holds up, he certainly would be in the discussion.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

*The most mind-boggling sight over the first three days of the camp – John Egbunu (McDonough, GA, Eagle’s Landing) of the Lakers’, listed at 7-0, playing defense against the Thunder’s Mamadou Ndiaye (Huntington Beach, CA, Brethren Christian) Friday night on Court 2.

Ndiaye, who is originally from Senegal, is listed at 7-5 (he said he is 7-4).

And Ndiaye towered almost comically over Egbunu, another African (Nigeria) by way of New York and now Georgia, who is already committed to the University of South Florida.

If Egbunu is truly a 7-footer, then Ndiaye might be closer to 7-7. My guess: Egbunu is closer to 6-9ish while Ndiaye is, at least, every bit of his claimed 7-4.

Egbunu did do a pretty good job of side-fronting the big, big fella. But a teammate was able to arch one pass over the top of Egbunu on the left block and into Ndiaye’s hands and, upon the catch, turned along the baseline and reversed dunk with two big, big hands – hanging onto the rim and drawing a technical for effect, much to the delight, seemingly, of everyone watch from on the floor and in the stands.

http://coachgeorgeraveling.com/nbpa-top-100-camp-day-3/

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

"Quote

Vega: A good debate for you to start is will Egbunu move up to 5-star status while committed to USF?

Triple: I would be stunned ..."

I don't know how many BB players end up with 5 stars.

Of the more than 100 players`at this elite camp, Clark Francis of Hoop Scoop now has Egbunu ranked #12 overall and #3 center.

If that holds up, he certainly would be in the discussion.

I think he ends up being a 4 star player and gets honorable mention for the McDonalds All American game. If Egbunu was really 7ft tall he would be ranked higher as a center. If he had a face the basket game then he could be labeled a PF which would place him near the top the class of 2013.

Edited by Vega

33m ny2lanew_normal.jpg NY2LASPORTS.COM â€@ny2lasports

2013 John Egbunu with an explosive last 2 minutes of play - excellent effort @Top100Camp

Expand Collapse

12:41 PM - 16 Jun 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry®

34m Dre_Kirkpatrick_normal.jpg Brian Snow â€@BSnowScout

After getting crunched on, Egbunu comes back with a big time post move then ran the floor real well. Great get for South Florida

39m Northstar_Logo_2_normal.jpg Alex Schwartz â€@NorthstarBball

Kuran Iverson just slammed one home over a defender--John Egbunu, I think--and he was pretty excited about it.

From HoopScoop (no link supplied)

John Egbunu, C - South Florida has themselves a heck of a player in Egbunu. The 6-foot-9 center runs the floor very well, can block shots, and then also is a capable player with his back to the basket. Add in that he has good hands and is a well above average athlete, and Egbunu was very impressive in a morning game capping off what was an excellent camp for him.

282652_477343422292671_187537388_n.jpg

NY2LASPORTS.COM - 2012 NBPA TOP 100 CAMP - WRAP UP

Antonio Curro — NATIONAL RECRUITING DIRECTOR - NY2LASPORTS.COM

JOHN EGBUNU – 2013 – C – GEORGIA ELITE

(6-11/240 – EAGLES LANDING – MCDONOUGH, GA)

Really enjoyed watching this big man play as he has a big strong frame and runs the floor very well. He showed excellent versatility for a big man as he finished with some nice post moves that were explosive and athletic while also running the floor and finishing well in transition with a number of powerful dunks. One of the true sleepers in the 2013 class nationally, Egbunu was impressive to the tune of 8.2 PPG and 5 RPG.

http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=958

NBPA TOP 100 CAMP - SESSION 5 JAM FEST - NY2LAHOOPS.TV