• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

John Egbunu C / Drew Davis PG, Eagles Landing HS, McDonough GA

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

I just noticed John Egbunu made Rivals top 150 players. Hopefully, he's a solid verbal.

http://rivals.yahoo....n-Egbunu-137603

That was already mentioned on the 2nd page of this thread. His ranking hasn't changed since.

Since he lives with his AAU coach and his son, our other verbal, he appears to be a solid USF verbal.

Well as long as USF doesn't pull Drew Davis' scholarship Egbunu will sign and play for USF fall after next. I doubt any other school, except for some Mid to Low majors will except the conditions that USF had to in order to get Egbunu, unless he can improve enough to be recognized as an elite level prospect over the next few months. He is an elite level rebounder already imo.

I'm still hoping Drew Davis can prove the skeptics wrong and be an important piece for USF at some point in his career.

I know you are unhappy with D Davis, but I'm not sure why.

He certainly has been playing with elite competition around the world for several years on US teams and seems to be a very good outside shooter. I do understand that he is not a true point guard.

Mama I'm not unhappy with Drew, I'm just looking at the fact that he's not even considered a top 25 prospect in the state of Georgia for the 2013 class. No pro or novice recruiting analyst, outside of the 1 or 2 that Linzy Davis can influence, even has Drew on their list of High Major prospects. Linzy Davis is also the reason why his son gets to play on 1 of the National teams that get to travel the world.

Considering that team just won a U23 World Basketball Championship, the nepotism must not be hindering the team too much ...

I do hope that myself, those that write about recruiting, and Coach Heath are proven wrong about Drew in the long run. I wasted scholarship is not a good thing.

It'd be interesting to see what those that write about recruiting have to say about him ... and I think it'd be too much to hope for for BOTH those players to be of a really elite status. Hopefully,we get the one elite in Egbunu and decent role player, ala Noriega, wouldn't be that horrible if that's what it takes to get him..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

We weren't too happy with Ant Collins when he committed either. The knock on Collins was that was small, played in a division with private Houston high schools, and was being recruited by Baylor to be a backup PG. He turned out ok. I hope Drew Davis can be even half as clutch as Collins has turned out to be.

Collins was considerably higher rated and regarded coming out of HS then Davis.

Heath would never recruit Davis if Egbunu wasn't part of the package. Like I said earlier the fact that Heath is after so many guards for the 2013 class tells me the he doesn't highly regard Drew as a major contributor for USF. I would not be writing this stuff if USF wasn't trying hard to sign a complete backcourt knowing that Drew is already committed.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

We weren't too happy with Ant Collins when he committed either. The knock on Collins was that was small, played in a division with private Houston high schools, and was being recruited by Baylor to be a backup PG. He turned out ok. I hope Drew Davis can be even half as clutch as Collins has turned out to be.

Collins was considerably higher rated and regarded coming out of HS then Davis.

So Davis is not even considered a Sun Belt type player?? Still looking for what those that write about recruiting have to say about him ...

Heath would never recruit Davis if Egbunu wasn't part of the package. Like I said earlier the fact that Heath is after so many guards for the 2013 class tells me the he doesn't highly regard Drew as a major contributor for USF. I would not be writing this stuff if USF wasn't trying hard to sign a complete backcourt knowing that Drew is already committed

He's got 12 schollies on the roster every year, in theory, correct? It would be foolish to think you're going to have 12 starting caliber type players on the roster every season. Egbunu appears to be a major stud so it really doesn't appear to be as big of a deal as you're trying to make of this "wasting" of a scholarship on Davis.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

John Egbunu will be attending the 2012 NBPA Top 100 Camp

http://nychoops.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2565&tid=155584579&mid=155584579&sid=1193&style=2

June 6, 2012

Press Release

NYCHoops.net

The Top 100 Camp was created by the NBPA in 1994 to assist elite high school student-athletes in the development of their basketball and life skills.

Emphasizing character, education and skill development as the core principles necessary to maximize potential, the Top 100 Camp curriculum provides expert instruction in a number of areas, on and off the court.

Fostering an environment that encourages mentorship, campers have the unique opportunity to learn from a number of current and former NBA players. The Top 100 Camp provides young men with the tools that will allow them to enjoy this great game for a lifetime.

WHERE: University of Virginia (John Paul Jones Arena), Charlottesville, VA

WHEN: Wednesday, June 13 to Saturday, June 16

More here:

http://hoopniks.com/2012-nbpa-top-100-camp-roster-schedule-announced

Being invited to the NBPA camp is a big deal. There should be extensive coverage of it on ESPN and major basketball sites. I noticed that there is only one player taller than Egbunu there, so he will get a chance to stand out. Looking forward in reading what the pundits have to say about him.

These are the commits who will be attending:

2013 Class

Nathaniel Britt, 6’2″, Gonzaga (Washington, D.C.) Committed to North Carolina

Deonte Burton, 6’4″, Brewster Academy (Wolfeboro, N.H.) Committed to Marquette

Aquille Carr, 5’7″, Patterson (Baltimore, MD) Committed to Seton Hall

Mark Donnal, 6’9″, Anthony Wayne (Monclavia, OH) Committed to Michigan

Zena Edosomwan, 6’8″, North Hollywood (CA) Committed to Harvard

John Egbunu, 7’0″, Eagles Landing (McDonough, GA) Committed to South Florida

Nick Emery, 6’2″, Lone Peak (Highland, UT) Committed to BYU

Billy Garrett, 6’4″, Morgan Park (Chicago, IL) Committed to DePaul

Anton Gill, 6’3″, Ravenscroft (Raleigh, N.C.) Committed to Louisville

Nigel Williams-Goss, 6’4″, Findlay Prep (Las Vegas, NV) Committed to Washington

Brannen Greene, 6’7″, Mary Persons (Forsyth, GA) Committed to Kansas

Derrick Griffin, 6’8″, Terry (Rosenberg, TX) Committed to Texas A&M

Malcolm Hill, 6’5″, Belleville East (Fairview, IL) Committed to Illinois)

Bronson Koenig, 6’2″, Aquiver (La Crosse, WI) Committed to Wisconsin

Marc Loving, 6’8″, St. John’s (Toledo, OH) Committed to Ohio State

Bobby Portis, 6’9″, Hall (Little Rock, AR) Committed to Arkansas

Stanford Robinson, 6’5″, Paul VI (Fairfax, VA) Committed to Indiana

Bryson Scott, 6’1″, Northrup (Fort Wayne, IN) Committed to Purdue

Kendall Stephens, 6’4″, East (St. Charles, IL) Committed to Purdue

Duane Wilson, 6’2″, Dominican (Milwaukee, WI) Committed to Marquette

Christian Wood, 6’8″, Findlay Prep (Las Vegas, NV) Committed to UNLV

2014 Class

Quentin Snider, 6’1″, Ballard (Louisville, KY) Committed to Louisville

Breaking down the NBPA Top 100

June, 8, 2012

Jun 8

10:42

AM ET

By Mike Grimala and David Auguste | ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/boys-basketball/post/_/id/5744/breaking-down-the-nbapa-top-100

Clint Jackson â€@clintjackson1

Clint Jackson

@clintjackson1

ACC Basketball Recruiting Analyst, covering UNC and Duke primarily. The best rivalry in all of sports. Check my work online through the Rivals.com network.

Midlothian, VA · http://www.rivals.com

Source says its been a laid back day but that John Egbunu, Goodluck Okonoboh, and Michael Young were all impressive.

6:47 PM - 13 Jun 12 via Mobile Web

Clint Jackson â€@clintjackson1

No media allowed today at NBA Top 100, but we have a buddy on site who is working the camp and he is texting us some tidbits. More soon.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Is this kid one year and out? Is he that good? Seems to be getting more and more pub