Bulls1181

John Egbunu C / Drew Davis PG, Eagles Landing HS, McDonough GA

273 posts in this topic

ApU2agbCQAA_PVp.jpg

The guy next to him looks just as tall ....

ApU2agbCQAA_PVp.jpg

I'm not really sure which of those two are Egbunu. I didn't compare it to a known picture of him.

I got this picture of him from his FB page. He's a friend of OMOG.

387734_348581645168850_100000510537884_1407080_1127937277_n.jpg

ApU2agbCQAA_PVp.jpg

I'm not really sure which of those two are Egbunu. I didn't compare it to a known picture of him.

Egbunu is the guy with the more ripped arms.

I would love for him to sign before the season gets into full swing and he sees Omo playing. He may not want to face him for playing time. Its hard to be one and done when your fighting for mins.

Aggressive 6-11/7ft guys with athleticism don't have a lot to worry about. Omogbehin and Bunu are 2 different kind of centers and I'll be shocked if Omogbehin is a MAJOR force his 1st season at USF. If he is then he might be 1 and done and Bunu won't have to worry about battling him for playing time.

Btw the way the writer says Bunu could move up to 4*. Well let's be honest if he was either committed or strongly considering Kansas, UK, or UNC then he would already be 4* with a possibility of moving up to a 5*.

Thanks. I notice that #143 is 6'9" Center/PF Antravious Simmons. Coach Heath supposedly visited with him the other day.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Antravious-Simmons-131223;_ylt=AsosDU6P1IFugXD7m.s_CJPVO5B4

From Temple Board:

Per Source Hoops 6'9 Antravious Simmons of South Miami HS had visits from Temple, USF, Alabama & Memphis in the last 24hrs.

Drew wears #8 for USA

From Hoopscoop back in December. Just wanted to have it included in this thread.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"He's the biggest sleeper to come down the pike in a long time." That's what
Linzy Davis
, who is the head coach of Team Georgia Elite Christian, is telling us about 7'0 Jr
John Egbunu
from McDonough (Eagles Landing) GA, who, along with 6'0 Jr
Drew Davis
from McDonough (Eagles Landing) GA, made an early verbal commitment last night to South Florida. "Egbunu has the size, skills, athleticism, and natural talent necessary to be the best player that I've ever coached," says Davis. And that's a pretty strong statement when one remembers that
Shareff Abdur-Rahim
played for Team Georgia back in the mid-90's and that
Carmelo Anthony
heads a long list of great players that Davis has had on the
USA 22-Under National Team
that competes annually in Tourcoing, France. "He's like a baby
Dwight Howard
," says Davis. "He has a 38-inch vertical leap, dunks everything at the rim, runs the court like a guard, and is improving as fast as any player that I've ever coached." Davis also tells that Egbunu, who has only been in the United States a year, was just a 6'7 8th Grader back when he first saw him three years ago in Bauchi, Nigeria. "Egbunu does need to continue to develop his upper body strength and work on his mid-range game, but I think he has a chance to be the best player in the nation by the time he graduates from high school a year-and-a-half from now and someday may be the #1-pick in the NBA Draft." Obviously this is a case, whereby, Bulls assistant coach
Steve Roccaforte
, who recruited a long list of Davis' former players (i.e.
Anthony Rice
Robert Dozier
Joey Dorsey
Shawn Taggart,
and
Almamy Thiero
) to the University of Memphis, has once again taken advantage of his old ties to pull off what appears to be a major coup. The other piece to the puzzle is Davis' son. "Drew can shoot the three and plays good defense, but his primary job is attacking the paint and lobbing it into Egbunu." And, if Egbunu is half as good as Davis thinks he is, then the Bulls have a legitimate top five-ranked recruiting class on our list of the
And this comes right on the heels of South Florida's current recruiting class, which is ranked #13 on our list of the
and includes 6'11
Waverly Austin
from Palm Beach (JC) FL, 6'5
Musa Abdul-Aleen
from Georgia Perimeter (JC) GA, and 6'4
Javontae Hawkins
from Huntington (Prep) WV. If you will recall, those first two guys are two of the top-ranked junior college players in the nation and Hawkins is a borderline top 100-ranked senior nationally. And all this is important, because Bulls head coach
Stan Heath
hired
Steve Roccaforte
, who previously was the head coach at Lamar, this fall and the plan was to turn things around in a hurry. It looks like it's not only mission accomplished, but that Roccaforte also deserves both a raise and some serious consideration for another head coaching job in the not too distant future.

Egbunu #45

I hope his play at the 1:30 point was because he had 4 fouls ... B)

Egbunu #45

I hope his play at the 1:30 point was because he had 4 fouls ... B)

No it was just a soft ass play by him. You see that at times during those all star type games unless the guy is just a defense first kind of player.