• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It could be worse... we could be

slbpsi63

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

Penn State. Imagine having to deal with that cluster ****. I have the creeps just thinking about it. What a horrible story. The program will forever be known as a program that FOSTERED the abuse of innocent kids, regardless of what the trial outcomes are. All we need to do is win games and ovecome stupid plays. They need to stay out of jail and try to rebuild the damaged image of their instiution. They did not cheat, lie, or receive improper benefits, they provided facilites to an accused child molester, failed to notify authorities of abuse when it was reported, and continued to give him access. The court of public opinion will destroy them....... even if they clean house.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Penn State. Imagine having to deal with that cluster ****. I have the creeps just thinking about it. What a horrible story. The program will forever be known as a program that FOSTERED the abuse of innocent kids, regardless of what the trial outcomes are. All we need to do is win games and ovecome stupid plays. They need to stay out of jail and try to rebuild the damaged image of their instiution. They did not cheat, lie, or receive improper benefits, they provided facilites to an accused child molester, failed to notify authorities of abuse when it was reported, and continued to give him access. The court of public opinion will destroy them....... even if they clean house.

What I don't get is all this hoopla about why didn't Peterno notify authorities but not ask Why didn't the person who reported it to Peterno report it to the authorities. From what I've heard Peterno was only told by someone else under him and he did just like that person, pass it up the chain. We'll see as things unfold who knew what and who knew or didn't know the extent of the abuses.

Also from reports I've heard is that the story has the spotlight local community and they are in an uproar. Papers and everything just calling for whole staff to be replaced.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

What I don't get is all this hoopla about why didn't Peterno notify authorities but not ask Why didn't the person who reported it to Peterno report it to the authorities. From what I've heard Peterno was only told by someone else under him and he did just like that person, pass it up the chain. We'll see as things unfold who knew what and who knew or didn't know the extent of the abuses.

Also from reports I've heard is that the story has the spotlight local community and they are in an uproar. Papers and everything just calling for whole staff to be replaced.

Despite titles, JoePa is the top of the chain. This was a crime, a sick crime. He has to report it and follow up if nothing happens. How did he sleep at night knowing that this dirtbag molested kids and was walking the streets.

the point is, they ALL are to blame. Nobody gets a pass on this. The grad assitant, Paterno, the AD, and anyone else that is involved. They all should have contacted the authorities. They should have definately cut ties with the organization. Instead they gave him a "safe haven" to continue his sick acts. They all need to go to jail for purgury and anything else they can through at them. There wasn't even a follow up by anyone? Really?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It all depends on exactly what the grad assistant told Paterno.

• Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Despite titles, JoePa is the top of the chain. This was a crime, a sick crime. He has to report it and follow up if nothing happens. How did he sleep at night knowing that this dirtbag molested kids and was walking the streets.

I completely agree. I'm not trying to defend Paterno... I'm trying to call out the grad student that reported it to Paterno. Report is that the grad student saw abuse take place and was disturbed by it (so it's was clearly abuse), called his dad, his dad told him to report it to Paterno, he went to Paterno's house and told him... the next day Paterno told the AD at the home of the AD. Sounds like it just kept getting passed up the chain to the top but no one from top to bottom told authorities. I'm trying to point out that it seems like Paterno is getting more criticism than the people above and below him when I feel like they should all be getting equal criticism. I guess I could have made that more clear.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

the board needs to clean house

• Content Count:  325
  • Days Won:  0

Ever noticed that this came out just after JoePa became the all time winning coach in college football.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

i'm going to withhold judgment until i see the facts.

i like JoePa. will be sad to see him go.

NYTimes (i believe) is already reporting that PSU is prepping for his "departure."

This whole situation makes a 4 game loosing streak look like a walk in the park.... It's so sad. I feel for the kids that were affected by this animal. Especially the ones that SHOULD have been saved. Everyone involved FAILED these kids. It's our job as law abiding citizens to protect our children, at all costs. No matter who it destroys. Unfortunately Penn State brass felt differently and they will pay a horrible price in liability lawsuits, and public perception, and possibly jail time for those involved in the cover up.

Archived