• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Under Armour Wounded Warrior Project

Skingraft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I was in DC this week on business and was at a pub who was having a fund raiser for the wounded warrior project.

The gentleman informed me that Under Armours project was for profit; I was not aware of this and was repulsed at the thought of a company profiting off of disabled vets.  As a service member of 13 years and counting-I will never purchase another under Armour item.  To profit off of death and dismemberment is nauseating. 

So when our boys are playing 100% for the wounded, UA is only giving 10% back.  Do what you will, but keep this in mind if you buy USF wounded warrior gear.

See email below:

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email (Ali) 10/13/2011 09:19:34 AM

Hi -

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We support the Wounded Warrior Project by selling products and giving 10% of the proceeds to the charitable group.

You can view their website at the following link:

http://bit.ly/nxGQEO

We also offer wounded warrior donation packs that go directly to the soldiers who are wounded and at Walter Reed Hospital.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to get in touch with us via phone (1-888-727-6687), live chat, or e-mail. We’d be glad to help out any way we can.

Thank you for choosing Under Armour.

Ali F

Customer Service Representative

UNDER ARMOUR®

WWW.UNDERARMOUR.COM

PROTECT THIS HOUSE | I WILL

Customer By Email (JIMMY HUDDLESTON) 10/12/2011 08:57:36 PM

Good Evening

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Yeah well, many may never had heard of the WWP without UA (except you Bill O'Reilly fans).  I'd be careful biting off hands.  I can't imagine UA can outfit all these teams and not keep something for their effort to cover their own costs. They do quite a bit of advertising to raise awareness of the WWP.  Probably could get better data from someone a little higher up than Ali.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I was in DC this week on business and was at a pub who was having a fund raiser for the wounded warrior project.

The gentleman informed me that Under Armours project was for profit; I was not aware of this and was repulsed at the thought of a company profiting off of disabled vets.  As a service member of 13 years and counting-I will never purchase another under Armour item.  To profit off of death and dismemberment is nauseating. 

So when our boys are playing 100% for the wounded, UA is only giving 10% back.  Do what you will, but keep this in mind if you buy USF wounded warrior gear.

See email below:

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email (Ali) 10/13/2011 09:19:34 AM

Hi -

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We support the Wounded Warrior Project by selling products and giving 10% of the proceeds to the charitable group.

You can view their website at the following link:

http://bit.ly/nxGQEO

We also offer wounded warrior donation packs that go directly to the soldiers who are wounded and at Walter Reed Hospital.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to get in touch with us via phone (1-888-727-6687), live chat, or e-mail. We’d be glad to help out any way we can.

Thank you for choosing Under Armour.

Ali F

Customer Service Representative

UNDER ARMOUR®

WWW.UNDERARMOUR.COM

PROTECT THIS HOUSE | I WILL

Customer By Email (JIMMY HUDDLESTON) 10/12/2011 08:57:36 PM

Good Evening

Having watched yet another fallen hero procession this morning, I'm appalled at this. No ua for me either.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah well, many may never had heard of the WWP without UA (except you Bill O'Reilly fans).  I'd be careful biting off hands.  I can't imagine UA can outfit all these teams and not keep something for their effort to cover their own costs. They do quite a bit of advertising to raise awareness of the WWP.  Probably could get better data from someone a little higher up than Ali.

I'm for them making a profit, but 10% to the charity?

I can't corroborate that number.  Don't forget that while the intent is to **** UA, you can bet that USF is getting their dime as well, and who knows who else.  The USF logo is on the apparel, I doubt the CLC waived all licensing fees for the WWP items.  I think instead of asking why UA isn't giving the house away we should look at the "partnership" as both parties call it, to honor our heroes.  Cleary if the WWP didn't like the work UA was doing they could shut it down in a heartbeat.

Furthermore, as I said above, I believe they are donating all this gear to the schools.  Part of the program you'll see, is for the schools to then auction off the jerseys to raise additional funds for WWP.  That's certainly a net loss for UA.  Maybe in the end, they're not evil but are covering some of their costs, keeping something off the gear to pay for the dollars they put into advertising and raising awareness.  Again, before we ignorantly **** someone that is standing up to help WWP recognize our heroes, let's try to fully understand.  I am.

That's cool man.  Best thing about America is our freedoms of choice-I choose another brand.  Do me this favor, go spend some time with some wounded kids and see what financial distress they are going through, them tell me 10% enough.  It's cheap, they should step that up-10% is a discount, not a donation.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Not buying any UA WWP stuff for this reason alone is total absurdity .... Last I looked 10% of anything is better than nothing.

Not buying any UA WWP stuff for this reason alone is total absurdity .... Last I looked 10% of anything is better than nothing.

Or I can spend my money to where a 100% goes to the wounded-like I said: choices.  It's all a choice, but I won't allow profit for dismemberment with my money.  No where have I read only 10% went to them-I found out and made a choice not to contribut 10%, but allocate it to resources that give 100%.  The post is meant to bring awareness; it's America-you get to chose your own path.

• Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

Have to agree a little with everyone that's posted. First off, it's a choice. Sure 10% seems small. If you disagree don't buy it. Take that $82+ and go directly to the WPP website and donate it. Being a Vet myself, I appreciate any corporation donating money to these type projects. Do what's right in you heart. It is your choice.

BTW, if you really look at any charitable organization, you'll find that not all the money actually goes to the charity. If you've been in the Military you get hounded to donate money through CFC. If you check the percentage that do to "Admin" you'd be amazed. I donate no matter what because I hope to make a difference. That's really what it's all about. Remember this: Volunteer you time and money: because everything you do for yourself dies with you, while everything you do for otheres will live forever."

Archived