• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where to Tailgate?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  0

My brother-in-law is going to be down from Canada (Newfoundland) on vacation in Miami and Tampa with some of his friends, and they have plans to see the Bucs, the Dolphins, and USF play. Busy week, I know. The concept of tailgating is pretty foreign up here so they are looking forward to experiencing it to its fullest in the US. He asked me for advice, since I lived in Tampa, but it's been so long since I lived there (1998), I have no idea of where the best places are to go pre-game.

That said, I was hoping I could get some help from the board. Any advice on where to park, when to get there, what to bring, etc, would be great. I should point out that the demographic of my brother-in-law and his friends is early 20s. This trip is actually their university graduation gift. So keep that in mind.

If there is anything different they should know for tailgating at a Bucs game, that would be useful as well. Finally, if anyone happens to know anything about tailgating at Dolphins' games in Miami, any info you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12

Comfort Inn on Dale Mabry pretty much has it going on. Best tailgate party in the world! Lots of fun, food, and people. If a chain rating was used to rate this tailgate party it would be off of it!

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

For USF, you're more than welcome to join us in lot 6.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14

USF - If they are younger, I'd suggest the old mall parking lot, it gets rowdy there sometimes and the parking rules are pretty lax, atleast they have been in the past. I think my group will be over by HCC tailgating in their lot.

Never been to a Bucs game.

For the Dolphins game, We usually park in a grass lot across the street from the WalMart at the stadium. If you get there when it opens, you can get one of the spots along the front row which gives you lots of room for tailgate games and canopies. If they're not bringing a lot of their own stuff, I'd tell them to travel the parking lot around the stadium with a cooler and visit random tailgates.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

I assume they are cheering for USF because of you, but FSU is having a major blow out tailgate at HCC which would probably be a great game day experience for first timers to college tailgating. I've heard they already sold a few thousand tickets for it but don't know much else except it's all the food you can eat and cold beer you can drink with live bands and a lot of FSU rah-rah stuff.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

Other than HCC, what lots would people reccommend? The parents are coming in and are looking for a good gameday atmosphere. What about 14?