• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Man Room

USF Bulls Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The cinnamon roll is certainly a worthy adversary with it's enticing aroma, sugary sweet frosting, and soft warm goodness but it's like a battering ram of a RB compared to a every down RB that is the Waffle.  The simple but powerful deliciousness of the cinnamon roll is outdone by the every down and versatile waffle.  The waffles design is great for holding a myriad of toppings and not to mention the ability to take it the distance with topping actually embedded in the delicious pastry itself.  The Versatility and flavor and texture combinations are endless.   

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I concede your point that the waffle is the every down RB; however, it is important to always be ready to call on the cinnamon roll in short yardage or goal-line situations though, as a well made, expertly rolled, and exquisitely blended mix of cinnamon and sugar is virtually unstoppable in such scenarios. 

I concede your point that the waffle is the every down RB; however, it is important to always be ready to call on the cinnamon roll in short yardage or goal-line situations though, as a well made, expertly rolled, and exquisitely blended mix of cinnamon and sugar is virtually unstoppable in such scenarios. 

Indeed the cinnamon roll is a very important part of high quality breakfast pastry arsenal. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Indeed the cinnamon roll is a very important part of high quality breakfast pastry arsenal. 

Where, exactly, do honey buns fall within the arsenal?

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

You people are out of your blanking minds!

Doughnuts!  (mmmmmm Doughnuts)

homero-simpson-wallpaper-homer-1024.jpg

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

i will call your breakfast pastries and raise you alex morgan and hope solo

At the very bottom of barrel.  If this was a weapons arsenal honey buns would be rocks. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

At the very bottom of barrel.  If this was a weapons arsenal honey buns would be rocks. 

Don't be underestimating rocks as a weapon ...

0511-0908-3115-3356_Bible_Story_-_David_Slays_Goliath_with_Slingshot_clipart_image.jpg

Doughnuts and The good ole bagel and cream cheese are definitely top contenders.  Doughnuts certainly challenge for the throne due to their versatility.  The doughnut brings endless combinations due to the frosting, fillings, and dough varieties that are available.  The bagel is versatile but i feel is pretty limited in range of dough flavors due to it not being near as good as a doughnut and if you want something sweet are a million times better off going with a doughnut.  However the cream cheese does take the versatility a bit further but i feel not quite as far as you could go with a doughnut or a waffle for that matter.  Doughnuts and bagels do however bring something to the table that the waffle cannot, portability.  Now i know some would say i didn't take this into account with the cinnamon role but a truly good cinnamon role is not portable due to the sheer magnitude of the pastry itself and the drippy frosting needing to be contained on a plate.  Now the negatives of the doughnut is it's best a treat to be enjoyed on a rare occasion unless you want to look like you are wearing a giant doughnut around your waist ala doughnut loving Icon Homer Simpson.  The bagel which has very many healthy but tasty incarnations has no such problem but does have a major downfall all it's own.  The window to enjoy a bagel at its full tastiness is rather limited.  Bagels are best when nice and warm and from that point on if you don't eat it fast enough there is a big time problem with the law of diminishing returns.  I feel that both of these issues give Waffles the ability to hang onto the throne even though it lacks the portability of the bagel or doughnut it is just as versatile, doesn't take a major nose dive in quality if not consumed promptly, and can be a pretty regular breakfast staple as long as you mix in a healthy incarnation (whole wheat blueberry waffles for example).  So though this was a very close contest the Waffle still reigns supreme.      

Archived