• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kofi Amichia, OL, McEachern HS, Powder Springs, GA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

His Sparq scores placed him better than Jessamen Dunker and Nelson Agholor. He was by far the fastest 40 for an OL- 5.01 also the highest ranked OL there by Sparq score.

His 40 time is skewed because he's undersized.  He's not going to run a 5.01 40 with another 60 pounds on his frame

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Kofi commits

USFBullsEYE USFBullsEYE.com

Powder Springs (Ga.) OL Kofi Amichia let me know via text he has committed to #USF.

Kofi commits

USFBullsEYE USFBullsEYE.com

Powder Springs (Ga.) OL Kofi Amichia let me know via text he has committed to #USF.

And the BE comes out on top. "Right now Georgia Tech stands out and it looks to be an ACC/SEC battle come signing day."

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Great to have him on board. I'm sure he will make good use of the new dining room.  ;D

Free story about his commit on Scout:

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/1090417.html

3.0 and 1350 on SAT. I like these well rounded kids. Says he is already fully qualified, I wonder if he will Graduate in Dec?

Adam has story up.

Georgia OL Amichia picks USF

Posted Jul 29, 2011 by Adam Adkins

Updated Jul 29, 2011 at 01:35 PM

The University of South Florida football team has landed its eighth reported commitment for the Class of 2012, getting a verbal pledge Friday from McEachern (Ga.) High offensive lineman Kofi Amichia.

Amichia, rated a three-star recruit by both Scout.com and ESPN.com, said he chose the Bulls over Cincinnati, Indiana and Southern Miss, among others.

“I went down there last Friday for a visit, and it was real nice,†he said. “The campus was real nice, they gave me a tour of the athletics facilities, they showed me they take real good care of their players, like academic-wise, they tutor them and make sure their grades are right. And football-wise, they take care of them too. They’ve got real good coaches.

“I’ve also got family down there, and that’s really what kind of brought it up. I know I can’t get homesick if I’ve got family around, so I know that’s a good place to be.â€

Amichia said he called USF tight ends coach Larry Scott, his primary recruiter, to give his commitment. He then made the rounds on the phone with several USF coaches, including head coach Skip Holtz, offensive line coach Steve Shankweiler and offensive coordinator Todd Fitch.

“He was real excited,†Amichia said of Holtz learning of his verbal pledge. “He said he ran down the hallway just to talk when he found out I committed.â€

Amichia, whose parents are from Ghana though he was born in the U.S., said he stands 6-foot-4 and is up to 263 pounds. He plays offensive tackle for McEachern High, located in Powder Springs, Ga., and hopes he’ll get a chance to play that position in college, but added Bulls coaches have let him know they plan to work him first at offensive guard.

As for the recruiting process and whether or not it was over for him, Amichia said, “I might take a couple of visits because it’s my senior year and it’s my last chance to do something like this, so I may visit a few other colleges to see what they look like. But I’m pretty much 100 percent committed to USF. I feel real good about it. I’m pretty excited about it.â€

Amichia joins Plant City receiver Lamarlin Wiggins, Citra North Marion tight end Sean Price, Gainesville cornerback Chris Bivins, Pensacola cornerback Jalen Spencer, Union Grove (Ga.) cornerback D.J. White, Fort Lauderdale University School defensive end Daniel Perry and Admiral Farragut safety Rayshawn Jenkins as USF verbal commitments for 2012.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/georgia-ol-amichia-picks-usf/

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Free story about his commit on Scout:

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/1090417.html

3.0 and 1350 on SAT. I like these well rounded kids. Says he is already fully qualified, I wonder if he will Graduate in Dec?

That's awesome. Should be a smart football player. I hope this kid comes in early

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

And today's his birthday!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44