• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Richard Benjamin, WR/DB, Tampa Bay Tech **2013*

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Maybe....I am going crazy....but a few weeks back when I posted on this thread....I could have sworn it said Richard Benjamin TBT.

Then yesterday....when I saw the thread....I thought it was a new thread because it said Richard Benjamin. Middleton.....

Which made me question.....hey, did he xfer back?

Now it appears the title has been updated since my post with TBT spelled out this time. Maybe I'm just getting old and senile.

we all are ;)

Edited by 2000bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Maybe....I am going crazy....but a few weeks back when I posted on this thread....I could have sworn it said Richard Benjamin TBT.

Then yesterday....when I saw the thread....I thought it was a new thread because it said Richard Benjamin. Middleton.....

Now it appears the title has been updated since my post with TBT spelled out this time. Maybe I'm just getting old and senile.

I updated it from Middleton to Tampa Bay Tech yesterday ... I think you were just imagining seeing the TBT before that .... unless another mod has done some work on it.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I updated it from Middleton to Tampa Bay Tech yesterday ... I think you were just imagining seeing the TBT before that .... unless another mod has done some work on it.

Ah, a conspiracy theory. That being said it's all about the Benjamins....

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Will he still pick us even if his cousin chooses to look somewhere else.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Will he still pick us even if his cousin chooses to look somewhere else.

who knows...247 had L3 as listing us as warm and then we didn't make the top 10, so who really knows what these kids choice will end up being.

This sounds good. Wants to stay in FL. Thinks the Mouse house is one of the best facilities in FL(hasn't visited yet). Graduates early. And the only negative is he is going to visit Dabo and Mark Richt(family vacay?) this summer.

Tampa Bay Tech receiver Richard Benjamin has UCF, USF, Clemson leading the way

Highly recruited prospect plans to tour a lot of campuses before making a decision

Tampa Bay Tech receiver Richard Benjamin is zeroing in on UCF, USF and Clemson as his top three choices among 30 scholarship offers. (CHRIS HAYS / ORLANDO SENTINEL / May 30, 2012

By Brendan Sonnone | For the Sentinel

10:38 p.m. EDT, May 30, 2012

Tampa Bay Tech wide receiverRichard benjamin whittled down his list of favorite schools to 10 last week: Florida, Georgia, Clemson, Miami, Oklahoma, USF, UCF, USC, UCLA and Vanderbilt.

All 10 schools have offered Benjamin scholarships. He is rated a three-star prospect and the No. 57 receiver in the nation by 247Sports.com.

Benjamin said while he listed 10 strong candidates, three schools stand out more than the others.

“USF, UCF and Clemson,†said Benjamin when asked if he favored any specific schools among his top 10.

Benjamin (6-1, 185), who has more than 30 scholarship offers, plans to graduate in December and enroll in January 2013 at whichever school he ultimately selects. Since he will be enrolling in college two months before most other recruits sign their letters of intent, Benjamin said he wants to see as many schools as possible this summer.

He is scheduled to visit UCF this weekend and then leaves on bus tour June 9 to see Clemson, Georgia, Auburn and Tennessee. USF is a school he’s seen “a thousand times†because it’s in his backyard, so he already has an idea of what the Bulls have to offer.

Here is what Benjamin had to say about his three leading schools:

Clemson: “What’s making them stand out is the atmosphere, being in Death Valley, and the coaches and players. Also, I’d have time to play.â€

USF: “Just the coaching staff, the way they hold themselves. I can just talk to the coaches any time, talk to them about anything other than football. They’re real, the coaches.â€

UCF: “It actually hasn’t been too long since I started talking to those guys, but the connection. As soon as I started talking it hit. The first couple days I started talking to them the connection was there. I could see myself playing there for the next four years, building the program as an impact player. Education is high and it’s close to home. I talk to the coaches, they’re nice coaches.â€

Benjamin said he’s looking forward to touring the UCF campus during the weekend.

“I’m very excited,†Benjamin said of his upcoming visit to UCF. “I’ve been reading a lot about it ... [They have] the No.1 facilities in Florida, so I’m just ready to see the school, see what happens.â€

UCF defensive backs coach Kirk Callahan is the Knights’ lead recruiter pursuing Benjamin.

When Benjamin was asked if he’d consider committing to a school immediately if a visit went well, he responded, “I can’t really answer that. I just might or I’ll probably wait.â€

Regardless of who he picks or exactly when he makes his decision, Benjamin said he is just excited for the chance to see some of his favorite schools in the coming month.

“It gives me the opportunity to see what the schools have in store for me, who do I want in a school the next four years and to mesh with the coaches,†Benjamin said. “To see who’s real and who’s not.â€

“I’m very excited,†Benjamin said of his upcoming visit to UCF. “I’ve been reading a lot about it ... [They have] the No.1 facilities in Florida, so I’m just ready to see the school, see what happens.â€

WTF??

WTF??

That's the O'Liar Florida facilities ranking process.

WTF??

That's the O'Liar Florida facilities ranking process.

He probably misunderstood when they said they had the No. 1 indoor practice facility in the state ...