• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Wharton HS **2013**

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Boy that name sounds familiar. I wonder if we have an "inside" track on this guy. Nelson Agholor looks great on the linked video but Vernon is the only one to stay with him starting at 3:28.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=2&c=1067129&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fsouthflorida.scout.com%2f2%2f1067129.html

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

He's been offered by USF.  Seems very possible that he could be a Bull.  This happens all the time and even better if the coach isn't the head coach.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,079

I like this kid. Coach's son, so you know he knows how to play the game. Heard he had some great games playing for Tampa's 7 on 7 team... Wonder how that works with NCAA violations. Does Dad have to move out during non-contact periods? lol

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

great kid from what i've heard.  glad to see we're clear that he's being recruiting for talent and not bloodline.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  849

Just some numbers for you guys,

at the recent ESS combine held at Armwood HS,

VH3 checked in at 5'11 177 lbs, ran a 4.31 (wind aided) 40 and a 4.45 (against the wind)

had a 4.03 shuttle and I believe he had a 34" vertical (don't quote me on the vert)

He almost won defensive MVP and was one of the top cover guys there for sure

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,470

Wow ! this kid has a great backpedal and control over his entire body. Would be a great get to lock down the corner position for the future. Come on Vernon! Be a Bull!

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

According to Josh Newberg, this kid got an offer from FSU.

Yes, I saw that.  Josh thinks he is not a "lock" for USF and wrote a story about that, but it's premium info which I can't read. I would be very surprised if he didn't sign with USF.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yes, I saw that.  Josh thinks he is not a "lock" for USF and wrote a story about that, but it's premium info which I can't read. I would be very surprised if he didn't sign with USF.

I wouldn't, not all kids want to play for their dad.  Some kids want to get out of the nest and experience new things and places.  Also FSU should be pretty good the next couple of years so it will be easy for a kid to get caught up in all of the "We're Back" hype much like kids did with UF during the Tebow era and Sign there no matter the depth chart.   

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I wouldn't, not all kids want to play for their dad.  Some kids want to get out of the nest and experience new things and places.  Also FSU should be pretty good the next couple of years so it will be easy for a kid to get caught up in all of the "We're Back" hype much like kids did with UF during the Tebow era and Sign there no matter the depth chart.   

Good point.