• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Bolts Playoffs Thread...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

They needed someone to battle Chara.  To get him off his game.  That single guy was wrecking the entire attack.  The Lightning didn't have someone who could consistently drill guys to slow them down at all, let alone gimp someone up.  Chara was flattening guys and physically was impacting how guys were skating after he drilled them.  Of course there aren't a ton of six foot 7 guys out there who can play like that, but the Lightning needed to be able to rough guys up a little bit when nothing else was working.  Goad folks into penalties etc bc when they did get on power play, they were very affective.  They just didn't get into it enough.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  151

I would love to see Roli come back for one more year so we have more than one option for the net.  Maybe if they're able to resign most of the team and present a real plan for fixing some weaknesses they'll be able to convince people to come back for another run at the cup.  I don't know if most people would buy in though since I think most would agree we probably overperformed and exceeded expectations.

I would love to see an enforcer brought in but that has never really been our style.  It would be nice to have a guy to fill that role thought just as yet another option.

• Content Count:  2,523

Main thing isn't to panic, we were just one period away from making the Stanley Cup Finals.  I think we're literally one player away.  I agree, having Rolo back would be nice, just let Smith handle the bulk of the load to keep him fresh as possible.  He's not getting any younger that's for sure.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

This is all of the proof I need to validate my conspiracy theory... Campbell is in charge of the NHL's refs and his son plays for Boston... also why would they fire this guy right before the Finals ?? Obviously Bettman figured out what Campbell was up to and canned him before he could throw anymore games...

http://www.rawcharge.com/2011/6/1/2201183/reports-say-campbell-out-shanahan-in-as-nhls-disciplinarian

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

This is all of the proof I need to validate my conspiracy theory... Campbell is in charge of the NHL's refs and his son plays for Boston... also why would they fire this guy right before the Finals ?? Obviously Bettman figured out what Campbell was up to and canned him before he could throw anymore games...

http://www.rawcharge.com/2011/6/1/2201183/reports-say-campbell-out-shanahan-in-as-nhls-disciplinarian

Really? Talk about jumping off a cliff... I'm as big a Bolts fan as anyone but come on. Campbell is still VP of operations, he just wanted a break from the disciplinary side of the job which is understandable... can you imagine doing that every day all the time?? It's got to wear on you.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Really? Talk about jumping off a cliff... I'm as big a Bolts fan as anyone but come on. Campbell is still VP of operations, he just wanted a break from the disciplinary side of the job which is understandable... can you imagine doing that every day all the time?? It's got to wear on you.

I did not believe my own **** either, until the NHL Network showed some video of Campbell from Game 5 and Game 7 wearing Boston gear and cheering for Boston... as an NHL official in charge of the ref's of the entire league then he should had taken this break when his son's team reached the ECF.

I believe that Bettman muscled him out and is keeping a lid on this to avoid an NBA style controversy that would cheapen the sport. After that whole mess I can't watch an NBA game without wondering if it was somehow rigged by the refs.

Also Bolts aside why would he do this now, right before the start of the Stanley Cup Finals... generally I am not a member of the Tin Foil Hat Society, but there is just way too much smoke here for me to think that this is a coincidence.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

I thought I read somewhere that Campbell excused himself from any decisions in games his son was playing in ... could be wrong, though. The non suspension of Horton sure smacked of Bruin homerism, though ... and the timing of the announcement was curious, too .. maybe not a tin foil conspiracy but closer to a Saran wrap one.

Archived