• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Josh Parris TE, Stephenson HS, Stone Mountain (Ga.)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

MAY 13, 2011

Pipeline? Georgia TE Parris is 5th USF commitment

If there's a geographic trend in Skip Holtz's recruiting efforts, it's perhaps that USF has been active and successful in the state of Georgia, and the latest from the Peach State is Joshua Parris, a 6-foot-3, 230-pound tight end from Stephenson High in the Atlanta suburb of Stone Mountain.

"I have family in Florida, I like the weather, and the offense they run is something else I like," said Parris, who considers his strength being a sure-handed pass-catcher, though he's working on his blocking skills as well.

It's the same school where running back Willie Davis, a 2011 Bulls signee, went to school, and Parris said he was impressed by the way Davis talked about the players and coaches from USF. Parris has a strong list of offers -- he named Vanderbilt and Mississippi as his next two choices, but also had offers from Virginia Tech, Virginia, Syracuse and Southern Miss.

Minutes later, he texted an update, saying the news of his USF commitment had prompted scholarship offers Friday night from Louisville and Boston College. Did that change his commitment? Not at all.

"Nothing can change my mind," he wrote. "I'm a Bull and I'm going to stay a Bull."

Parris transferred to Stephenson from Shiloh High in nearby Snellville, but Stephenson is overloaded with Division I talent this year, with as many as 12 seniors meriting major-college offers. When asked how many teammates had scholarship offers from USF, he said "basically all the starters." Running back Mike Davis and defensive tackle JaFar Mann have already committed to Florida, and linebacker Ukeme Eligwe to Florida State. Among those the Bulls are contending for at Stephenson are linebacker Raphael Kirby and defensive end Jarontay Jones, both four-star recruits according to Rivals.com.

He's also USF's second commitment from Georgia this year, joining cornerback D.J. White; Davis was one of three USF signees from Georgia in the Bulls' class arriving this fall.

Posted by Greg Auman at 10:25:57 pm on May 13, 2011

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

From the sound of the talent on that team up there, they better win the State Championship with all that talent.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Great catch, no pun intended.

• Content Count:  62
  • Days Won:  0

I think we might use him a full back that can play TE. Because I feel that we want Sean Price more and we are promising him game time. That is the only reason he wants to go here because the playing time. Or Sean Price is offered to play receiver. But I really hope this doesn't ruin our chances of getting that kid he is so good.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Josh is ranked a 3 star on scout and the 42nd best TE in the country for all those star chasers/rankings whores out there

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Apparently Parris is waffling on his commit after recent visits including Ole Miss last week.

• Content Count:  21,234
  • Days Won:  10

Apparently Parris is waffling on his commit after recent visits including Ole Miss last week.

Not surprised,  I think players that make commitments before visiting all of the schools that they are interested are a very very soft commitment. 

Archived