• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics Facilities Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

What is the chiller plant?

Is it just the AC unit for the dome? Cause i remember 2 seasons ago the AC was broken most of the time in there.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

What is the chiller plant?

Is it just the AC unit for the dome? Cause i remember 2 seasons ago the AC was broken most of the time in there.

Yuppers. They were starting the construction back in '09 when I was in town for the UM football game and went to the FAU(FIU?) basketball game the night before.

What is this thing for?

tDghil.jpg

• Content Count:  2,461

What is this thing for?

tDghil.jpg

Walking.

It's a covered sidewalk.

How long has it been since you've been on campus? It's not very new.

:)

Guest nybullsfan

What is this thing for?

Walking.

It's a covered sidewalk.

Class of '86, and only back a couple of times since.

Does it connect two buildings or something? And it's not very covered - maybe good for shade but it doesn't look like it'll keep anyone dry...

Just wondering why it was built in the first place? A memorial for some dead guy maybe?

• Content Count:  684

What is this thing for?

Walking.

It's a covered sidewalk.

Class of '86, and only back a couple of times since.

Does it connect two buildings or something? And it's not very covered - maybe good for shade but it doesn't look like it'll keep anyone dry...

Just wondering why it was built in the first place? A memorial for some dead guy maybe?

Its part of the MLK Plaza

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr.

• Content Count:  1,390

It runs directly from the administration building to the Marshall Center and provides some great shade. Normally during the hotter months its pretty hard to grab a seat on one of the benches because they're all full.

It's awesome to walk under it towards the MSC, looking directly at the bulls statues with the MLK fountains to your left!!! Seriously, probably the best spot on campus.

• Content Count:  2,461

Yeah it's just a covered walkway that provides shade... and a nice view.

Great idea, whoever had it.

Guest nybullsfan

It runs directly from the administration building to the Marshall Center and provides some great shade. Normally during the hotter months its pretty hard to grab a seat on one of the benches because they're all full.

It's awesome to walk under it towards the MSC, looking directly at the bulls statues with the MLK fountains to your left!!! Seriously, probably the best spot on campus.

Covered walkways? bulls statues? fountains? What's with all this new-fangled fancy stuff?

We used to have to walk uphill in the glaring sun. Both ways! Wimps!  ;D

Seriously though, it looks nice. All I saw of the Marshall Center was the back when I went to the b'ball game in 09. Didn't go inside or view the quad. While I can't speak to the building, I used to work with Phyllis Marshall, and I can attest to her greatness. RIP Phyllis, You Rock!

• Content Count:  1,390

bulls statues?

Haha yep! Here's a pic of them that I found online.

finished.jpg

Guest nybullsfan

Cool!

Are there big signs saying to stay out of the water or do folks splash in them on hot days? (They do look a little shallow...)

Archived