• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics Facilities Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I figure that the stadiums have to be finished in the next 24 hours in order to have them inspected and signed-off in time for Thursday.

CANNOT WAIT!!!!

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  827
  • Days Won:  0

I figure that the stadiums have to be finished in the next 24 hours in order to have them inspected and signed-off in time for Thursday.

CANNOT WAIT!!!!

They won't be totally finished for a couple of weeks but finished enough to play ball in!

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

CANNOT WAIT!!!!

They won't be totally finished for a couple of weeks but finished enough to play ball in!

Go Bulls!

That's correct.  They only have to be, "substantially complete" to receive their Certificate of Occupancy. 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Inspections focus on structural and safety issues, so as long as the structure is done (looks like it), and the safety issues as far as fencing, railing for stairs/concourses, nets, lighting, functional bathrooms/water fountains are complete, it should be good to go. I'd think the biggest things left unfinished would be aesthetic stuff like painted surfaces, perhaps some tiling in the bathrooms or concession stands, and random USF branding with logos and such.

Nothing like studying on my porch at 11pm and seeing the stadium lights on.

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

The lights aren't just on....

Tonight I saw that the stadium lights were on so figured I'd walk by and see how it's looking. Well to my surprise, there was still a crew working on the stadium! At 11:15 at night!!! They were working on the structure that will eventually be home to the scoreboard. They are truly doing everything they can to get this place up and running ASAP.

It really is a beautiful stadium. Like they said, it's not the biggest but it will be one of the nicest. Just the whole layout with the berm and the palm trees and everything. I was standing there picturing players on the field, the seats full, kids playing catch on the berm... it's going to be amazing, folks. Even if you aren't a baseball/softball fan, get your butt down to a game or two just to check things out!!!

Its nearly 1:30am.  The lights are still on, and I assume they are still working.  Almost feel like going over with a pot of coffee for them, and offering to pick up a paint brush or a broom.

Forgot to mention the heavy fog thats rolling in.

Archived