• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Manatee RB - Mike Blakely

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

we could get blakeley soon.  his grades are high enough for our clearing house is what im hearing.  hopefully we hear something today or tomorrow.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

From what I have read, Holtz and Co. were granted permission to meet with Blakely.  UF released him, he cannot join an SEC team or FSU or Miami per release.  I have said it before on here, if we can get Blakely that would say alot about our program and our coaching staff, especially with the depth we already have. 

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

Big picture, is it a good thing or bad thing UF blocked him from going to FSU or UM but not USF?

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Big picture, is it a good thing or bad thing UF blocked him from going to FSU or UM but not USF?

It's a good thing.

That leaves USF as the only BCS program in Florida for a player to transfer.

I believe USF has previously gotten 4 transfers from UF. Elgin Hicks had a good career at USF, but  Trent Pupello did not.

The only UF player I can think of at the moment who was NOT granted a release to USF was Jarred Fayson. There may very well have been a couple of other such players.

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,234
  • Days Won:  10

It's a good thing.

That leaves USF as the only BCS program in Florida for a player to transfer.

I believe USF has previously gotten 4 transfers from UF. Elgin Hicks had a good career at USF, but  Trent Pupello did not.

The only UF player I can think of at the moment who was NOT granted a release to USF was Jarred Fayson. There may very well have been a couple of other such players.

They don't consider us a threat or they know that players really overall don't consider us high on their lists. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

This one talks about whether Clemson will pursue Blakely.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/5/11/2166367/will-clemson-pursue-mike-blakely

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  62

Why would Clemson want this kid it would be a waste of a scholly. They have Mike Bellamy and another good RB that signed this year. I seen Mike Bellamy in person, he is the real deal. He is so fast and elusive. Why would they waste a scholarship just for he can sit out a year. Im pretty sure Clemson can just a recuit another RB if they wanted to, they are good at that.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763

Why would Clemson want this kid it would be a waste of a scholly. They have Mike Bellamy and another good RB that signed this year. I seen Mike Bellamy in person, he is the real deal. He is so fast and elusive. Why would they waste a scholarship just for he can sit out a year. Im pretty sure Clemson can just a recuit another RB if they wanted to, they are good at that.

Marlin Lane ultimately ended up at Tennessee (funny thing is that he was committed to Clemson for so long that I do believe he got a tiger paw tattoo).

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

It's good to hear that he want's to leave FL because he is homesick. That bodes well for USF and makes me a lot more comfortable about why he is leaving.